• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TheNubCake's Mapping Thread

TheNubCake

Noob
Reaction score
Demons

Such a nice day to Hunt!
3NByi.png

Decent Demon spawn, I like different. Could've used more details tho. :)

Thanks to Ruggedmage for helping me map this spawn.
Frost Dragons
(RME New View)
lrCnu.png

(Ingame View)
Strange! Me and my friend were exploring and found a man frozen!

zOMRa.png

Last edited:
What should I map now? I feel like I need to map something to continue to improve ^^

My first Swamp, not amazing but I'm still learning this stuff D: xD
jpFnJ.png

Please Critique and share your opinions!

Looks nice except for the big tufts, but that's not technically a swamp. Just because you used a few of the swamp grounds doesn't make it a swamp XD

xD , ty for comments
-
Inspired By Peroxide
bCaEZ.png

(it's a bit empty I think , maybe give me some pointers? ^^)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you make nature its best to use a few type of trees that match, so remove the pear tree, some of the red/yellow maples. Maybe add some beeches/fir trees. Also it mostly makes it look more natural to use more bushes then trees.
I think its better to make the dirt part in tle middle a bit smaller and you can add some flowers too.
About the grass, I think you can add a few more of 6218, 6219 (the two smallest grass tufts) and remove the 6216 (biggest grass tuft), because they don't fit.

Last edited:
~Shadow Server Quest~ Will include much more, this is just the screenshot of the final room.. will be one of the toughest quests in Shadow Server.
(RME New View)
8BTQQ.png

(Ingame View)
LkeUe.png

Last edited:
Very anticlimatic final room if it's gonna be the biggest and hardest quest on your OT =/
Make it Epic, not just regular.

Sorry, but once again I will have to say that this is... Well.. Terrible =/
- Squares, here there and everywhere
- To many groundtypes (well, if all of them were used in extremely small areas (mostly on the sides~) and then one big floor type covering the floor it COULD look good with many different grounds) - Depending on how you would use them then.
- Void? And that much of it? :eek:.. Do what u want with that.. but It doesn't exactly look good to use huge amounts of it.
<Places I could think of using it: Special Portal of some sort / or when you die, you could spawn on a small path/in a house (w/e) surrounded by void, meaning you are dead and have to be revived> Else I can't think of anything really... Good for the void.
Another thing:
- It's way to... Big../Open, I would recommend making it a bit more narrow, because who knows how big that area actually is? All we can see is a small part of it.

I would suggest you take a pretty in depth look on lots of tutorials and THEN start mapping for a project :p

All I can say is that this looks like the usual 7.1-7.6 mapping people used to do, completely random, squared and without detailed areas :<

Oh well, good luck to you, I hope you can understand that I'm posting this to help you and not to completely rack down on you or smth.

Back