• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Theotxserver Crash

By the logs that you sent, it looks something related to Banishments.
Did you ban the account or ban the IP of someone recently?

I think there is a known error regarding the IP Ban on olde versions of otxserver. I suggest you to check this part of code and compare with the otxserver oficial repository

By the logs that you sent, it looks something related to Banishments.
Did you ban the account or ban the IP of someone recently?

I think there is a known error regarding the IP Ban on olde versions of otxserver. I suggest you to check this part of code and compare with the otxserver oficial repository

I suspected this and removed all the bans from the database, but it didn't solve it, this source has never had a problem, I've been using it for years, it started after migrating from Ubuntu 14 to Ubuntu 20

I suspected this and removed all the bans from the database, but it didn't solve it, this source has never had a problem, I've been using it for years, it started after migrating from Ubuntu 14 to Ubuntu 20
The bug was probably always there, but Ubuntu 14 might have used an older library that handled it more gracefully. Make sure all variables are declared in talkactions.h/cpp and add null checks. E.g.

C++:
if (!player) {
    return;
}

Also check your banishment info talkaction Lua script for bugs.

The bug was probably always there, but Ubuntu 14 might have used an older library that handled it more gracefully. Make sure all variables are declared in talkactions.h/cpp and add null checks. E.g.

C++:
if (!player) {
    return;
}

Also check your banishment info talkaction Lua script for bugs.
1697408205055.png
Post automatically merged:

Screenshot_2.png
The error without -Ofast and with -O1 was a little different, does this give you any clues?

View attachment 79277

View attachment 79278
The error without -Ofast and with -O1 was a little different, does this give you any clues?
You can check line 347 in talkactions.cpp, it's trying to do something like xyz->abc() and xyz might be null. So you need to do if (!xyz) { return false; } before.

Btw the screenshots you sent are the wrong method, it's in Talkaction::executeSay

Btw, if your server is based on this source code, try adding #include <sstream> to the top of your file.

Last edited:
You can check line 347 in talkactions.cpp, it's trying to do something like xyz->abc() and xyz might be null. So you need to do if (!xyz) { return false; } before.

Btw the screenshots you sent are the wrong method, it's in Talkaction::executeSay

Btw, if your server is based on this source code, try adding #include <sstream> to the top of your file.
1697508816610.png

Back