• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient There is no main OTClient repo?

hiwyn

Reaction score
Why there is 3 otclients here on forum?

3 (looks the best for now)
GitHub - mehah/otclient: An alternative tibia client for otserv written in C++11 and Lua, made with a modular system that uses lua scripts for ingame interface and functionality, making otclient flexible and easy to customize (https://github.com/mehah/otclient)

???

I'm a linux player and I don't even know which should i use...
Why everybody don't work in only one, so it be always the best?

(searching about otc i see a lot of topics of otv8, there is a lot of new accounts promoting it, pls don't comment here, its close source project by one man, i don't want to use this close project)

I would like to remind users to respect the original poster's request of not discussing a certain topic in his/her thread.
Otherwise we will deem those posts as off-topic. If you would like to discuss the ongoing side-topic further then please create your own thread about it.

Thank you in advance.

I would like to remind users to respect the original poster's request of not discussing a certain topic in his/her thread.
Otherwise we will deem those posts as off-topic. If you would like to discuss the ongoing side-topic further then please create your own thread about it.

Thank you in advance.

omg ty

i was talking about the community projects, kondra's isn't one...
okay he got money in a project he did not create?
i don't admire it but the license allow him to do it

i'm trying to support the people who made it possible, that's why i'll never use a closed server also never use a closed client
i've ask to don't bring this on the first topic on the thread, every topic about otc some fakes/bootlicker bring this otcv8

i wanna use the community official so if i find something i can help, everybody gain the benefits, with no original sources it can become hard...

No one said it doesn't work.

Privatizing an open source project and charging people to use it... Just a shady practice.

I get that people take some open source project and work on it themselves, that's fine, but to turn around and openly be selling your flavor of it is just dodgy. I'm not even sure how it's legal.

It's like taking a linux distro, adding a couple features and trying to sell it. But they, there's people willing to do this and you found a way to make money. Money isn't everything.

this is negligible, but it is in accordance with the license placed in otclient
but my whole point is i don't want to flame anyone here, so the topic is not about that and i don't want to talk about that

i read this forum for a long time and i get lost with this 3 reps, imagine someone newest then me
for what i could see for now, i hope the meha's changes comes to the main repo and the otland repo get deleted
so we have the original otclient burning again

but my whole point is i don't want to flame anyone here, so the topic is not about that and i don't want to talk about that

i read this forum for a long time and i get lost with this 3 reps, imagine someone newest then me
for what i could see for now, i hope the meha's changes comes to the main repo and the otland repo get deleted
I hope not. Mehah client is like 60% rewritten, imagine pushing that to the old stagnant repository which has no real maintainers.

Edubart's client is the real one, Mehah is the customized version, in a way to fix bugs and enhance it. Then you have Otcv8 that is probably way better, but not an open-source.

Since the genius Edubart is not anymore in this community, all i can recommend you is to start your own branch from Edubart or stick and help to improve Mehah otclient. You can also look at the way Otcv8 works (it handles most of the features through lua i.e) and merge them to any of the repos.

Anyway, the most skilled guys are busy working irl because time is money. If we really want to have a quality client with great features, we should stop of relying on Mehah for free and letting Kondra do his business and instead should pay a small amount of $ to a team of skilled guys monthly to openly develop it. Mehah will not last forever.

we should stop of relying on Mehah for free and letting Kondra do his business and instead should pay a small amount of $ to a team of skilled guys monthly to openly develop it. Mehah will not last forever.
Nothing really stops you from donating to Mehah to support his project.

Nothing really stops you from donating to Mehah to support his project.
I don't use Mehah's client, i do have my own branch of Edubart's client, but if at any point i merge some code from Mehah's to Edubart's, i would donate to him.
Anyway, when you donate to someone, he is free to advance at the speed / topics he wants to, in the other hand, when you pay someone, he have to meet deadlines for certain topics.

I hope not. Mehah client is like 60% rewritten, imagine pushing that to the old stagnant repository which has no real maintainers.
Why not?

Why not merge the old one with the meha's one, those changes are not improvements?
And about maintainers i was talking about meha's becomes a maintainer on the orignal rep (with everybody else he want)

What @edubart (is this his user?) and @Mehah thinks about this?

Back