• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Therran - Discussion

Awesome idea!

Name: Salty Seaman
Boss monster of creature: Pirates
General description: Similar strength to a worker golem. Close combat but also throws knifes, flees in low health.
Phrase 1: I need a tissue.
Phrase 2: I swear, this never happened before!

Also, keep the submissions clean and serious. ;)

^.-

Name: Captain Freeman
Boss monster of creature: Pirates
General description: Former friend of Salty Seaman. They became enemies after the incident that led to the loss of his right eye.
Phrase 1: Come here, I'll give you a splinter!
Phrase 2: - out of imagination -

Name: Aralion
Boss monster of creature: Elf Scout
General description: Stay's at a distance. His hits are decent, a max. hit of 150. It's arrows poison you and once in a while he goes invisible.
Phrase 1: "Tha'shi Shanarah!"
Phrase 2: "You are no challenge for me!"
Phrase 3: "My arrows never miss!"

Last edited:
Name : Stanky
Boss of slimes
A very strong raid boss comparable to orshable, summons slimes,emits clouds of poison (aoe damage) melee attack
Phrase 1 : Guhh uuhh ahhhhh
Phrase 2 : puuuoop

Name: Gimpy the midget
Boss monster of creature: Dwarf
General description: 4000hp. Stong as an orc warlord or similar. Visible at all times. Run as fast as an orc berserker. Strong against fire. Very strong melee.
Phrase 1: Im half your size but twice your strenght.
Phrase 2: Who are you calling weak?
Phrase 3: Colucci is a girls name.

Keep the submissions comming! :)

I would also like to point out that the more serious your submission is, the more likely it is that it will stay the same IF implemented (If there are some unfitting things like a Phrase or the name we will have to change them, thus editing your original). I would also like to point out that we will of course correct any grammatical errors if needed. Also, the more information you add, the less we'll impact it's behaviour and strength which will keep it closer to your original idea.

Template
Name:
Boss monster of creature:
General description: (I.e. how strong it is compared to the regular monster, how it acts etc.)
Phrase 1: (Maximum 4 phrases, number them accordingly)

Name: Ghostx
Boss monster of creature: Ghost
General description: Supreme warlord of the ghosts. Summons 2 ghosts and uses a mix of holy and death magic. Has an aoe + heals
Phrase 1: brbr?
Phrase 2: hue hue hue
Phrase 3: Rapported
Phrase 4: asohaoshaoshoahsoahsoahosa

;d

for real

Name: Rutnir
Boss monster of creature: barbarian skull splitters or w,e
General description: (I.e. how strong it is compared to the regular monster, how it acts etc.) has a charge and deals 20% more damage while charge lasts (3 secs). Has a range of throwing knives (but low damage) and can "snare" enemies for 2 seconds if they try to flee. Melee hits quite a bit harder, heals. Does not run when low.
Phrase 1: Rargh! You think you have a chance with me!?
Phrase 2: Stupid child! I will rip your heart out and feast on your very soul.
Phrase 3: Fight with honour and may the gods rest your soul!

MI MI MI MI MI MI MI MI MI MI MI MI MI MI MI want update or better, an online Therran.

Has this project stopped or what happened? there was a lot of activity and update reports before :(

The project is under heavy activity, More on the scripting side as the mapping is almost finished. Since we adapted to the new TFS 1.0 Distribution, it brought some problems with functions in scripts, but we are getting trough it. Ragheed still works like hell with scripting the stuff. Its like he got a permanent red bull condition.

What the tossed MindRage said.

I still wanna see more ideas for bosses!
Don't be scared to post an idea for a boss!
(like a baws)

Hello guys, thanks for contributing and coming up with some monster ideas.

I know we haven't updated this thread a lot lately.

I'll keep it short and say we are working hard on the server. The server will be in the latest client (yay walking animations), the experience rates will be decided during BETA as I'm not sure yet what would fit the server. I have no idea how long it will be until we can launch a BETA. We still have a lot of scripting to be done and the mapping is near complete. And we haven't started on our website yet, although hopefully that wont be anything difficult to fix as I'm fairly used to how it works.

We are a busy bunch of people. I have a job, and people study, hangout with friends and enjoy their lives. But we try to work on the spare time we get, and we get an great deal of work done.

I'm glad if you guys keep supporting us even though we have a lack of information lately. It's fun to hear the community.
I will try to reveal something bigger next time.

Edit: Oh, doublepost.

We are always supporting...
But I can't keep bumping the thread without info :p so we are always here, waiting for info :)

I am truly sorry about the current inactivity we have given you. The development has paused for an undecided time.

This is due to that we currently don't have the capacity to script the different things for the server. As always, this is a hobby and when someone doesn't have time to do something the hobby is effected. We won't let this project die yet, but with a map that's nearly finished and nobody to script it we can't do more than wait.

We will update this thread again when the activity has started, but for now we ask you to have patience.

Sincerely
The Therran Team

What kind of scripting do you need? I might be able to do something to help you :)

PS: And don't tell me it's too complicated or whatever~ just tell me what you need help with and I'm sure I can do something.

Last edited:
  • Having a smaller area to explore at first gives you a possibility to get to know the server, kinda "ease it in".
  • You will find and interact with other players more regularly, which is good when needing to trade items and talk to someone.
  • From start you will be able to choose either Ramurika or Darudon as your starting city. Mistbay will only be accessable for lvl 35+ (which is the same as before).​
Sincerely,
The Therran Team

Like you said, you need to keep the interaction between the new players/regular players together, in 1 town. They should be able to start in 1 town only, so they learn it and learn what is where to be able to go at X level and meet the players that are online. And then maybe work a quest line in to get to the second town or something. Just my opinion

EDIT : Is this even still in progress? Or is it dead?

Back