• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

This forum helped me realize..

KikiCo

Frequent Donator
Reaction score
that coming back after a 4 year break was a Mistake.. OT's are dying and more RL Bull**** copies are corrupting the True meaning of OT... It sucks to see that such shameful Hosts stoop so low to beg for donations on a RL map made by 99999 other kids.. From here on today I am done with Tibia in general.

Goodbye Otland.

theres 1 thing I dont understand. If someone Dies, he dies immediently or suffers. you say tibia is dying, so is open tibia. Well u theres a few awesome servers coming up these days. and NP dude, we're probably the last tibia generation so its gonna get down on playerbase until the owners decide to takeit down. until this day nothing is dying.

that coming back after a 4 year break was a Mistake.. OT's are dying and more RL Bull**** copies are corrupting the True meaning of OT... It sucks to see that such shameful Hosts stoop so low to beg for donations on a RL map made by 99999 other kids.. From here on today I am done with Tibia in general.
If you don't like the current situation in OT, why do you leave instead of working against it and improve it?

If you don't like the current situation in OT, why do you leave instead of working against it and improve it?

What do you think people have tried over the years? (sorry for bringing old thread up, just saw this...)

This.

People need to be creative, they need to get an understanding of what players want.

Why do you think most people play real map servers?
  • WAR, WAR, WAR
  • They know where spawns are
  • Lots of quests available

All you need to do on a custom map server, you need to do this:
  • Very good PVP system
  • Good map (teleports recommended)
  • Lots of quests

Bam, you have a great server.
Now you have to maintain it, add new content once a week at least.

I am working on a project that I hope to have finished by this Summer, it has pretty much what everyone wants.
In the meantime, as you may have noticed, my disappearance is due to the fact that I am in the closing month of school semester (finally ends next week).

@Kiki: didn't you make a thread similar to this before? It was this minus the quitting. The good servers are out there, just look.

Red

@Kiki: didn't you make a thread similar to this before? It was this minus the quitting. The good servers are out there, just look.

Red

Trust me she tried... We played a few but got really bored really quick... Plus she probably won't respond back because she's done with OTLand and Tibia, I hardly see her in Skype because of her work.

This.

People need to be creative, they need to get an understanding of what players want.

Why do you think most people play real map servers?
  • WAR, WAR, WAR
  • They know where spawns are
  • Lots of quests available

All you need to do on a custom map server, you need to do this:
  • Very good PVP system
  • Good map (teleports recommended)
  • Lots of quests

Bam, you have a great server.
Now you have to maintain it, add new content once a week at least.
It takes a lot more than just that unfortunately... I've been playing/helping develop a custom server that's been online for over a year now, (started last march) and has yet to reach over a 50 player online count. We update like crazy and have everything you stated but there just simply isn't enough players. Just look at the forums here, most people who say they want a good custom server would rather build one than join one with relatively no players. There's nothing wrong with wanting to help contribute to a server, but sometimes I feel like there are more people developing incomplete custom servers than there are actually playing on the up-and-running ones. You wanna know the phrase I hear more than anything? "Wow what a great server, too bad no ones online..." From what I've seen this isn't an isolated incident.

We all just need to rally around a single server and stick to it. You don't need to start a project from scratch or join one that may never go online, there are a number of great servers that already are. Help contribute without wanting a staff position or real money. Its more fun to be a normal player anyways right? This just seems to me to be the only real way we can avoid custom servers being forever doomed to obscurity. United we stand, divided we fall.

Last edited:
It takes a lot more than just that unfortunately... I've been playing/helping develop a custom server that's been online for over a year now, (started last march) and has yet to reach over a 50 player online count. We update like crazy and have everything you stated but there just simply isn't enough players. Just look at the forums here, most people who say they want a good custom server would rather build one than join one with relatively no players. There's nothing wrong with wanting to help contribute to a server, but sometimes I feel like there are more people developing incomplete custom servers than there are actually playing on the up-and-running ones. You wanna know the phrase I hear more than anything? "Wow what a great server, too bad no ones online..." From what I've seen this isn't an isolated incident.

We all just need to rally around a single server and stick to it. You don't need to start a project from scratch or join one that may never go online, there are a number of great servers that already are. Help contribute without wanting a staff position or real money. Its more fun to be a normal player anyways right? This just seems to me to be the only real way we can avoid custom servers being forever doomed to obscurity. United we stand, divided we fall.
Hey Bintzer, good to see you again :D

@Topic
Yes, the most rl map players dont comment in addvertisement threads and almost all wanna bot.
However those custom map lovers want a custom server, but always just developing one and getting like 20ppl who comment thryd play if it gets online. It gets online, pdates frequently, still only 5 players.
TnTOpenTibia offers a great custom server and so did Ascalon back in time. But do we, the people requesting it acctually play them? Thes are what we call our dream of an ots, still no plAyers :eek:

Ive been developing my own for a long time now, and its been on and off over the last year n half.. Its not so much finding people to help, its having the discipline to finish it. A lot if good projects halt.. Look at heroland.. Or een scarlet horn, it may be dead now but the files still exist, hesten still has it.. Whether or not there is a high demand for custom ots at the moment or not, these servers are building for the future demand..

Imo it is advertising that isnt utilised properly.. Put it on facebook, twitter, flood pages and social networks with its information site, and ip. Have a ipchanger downloadable on your site.. Dont just advertise to tibia players advertise to everyone and chances are you'd get some attention of a large chunk from 800million people whether they have even heard of tibia or not. Don't market it as a custom tibia sever. Market it as a game, a new story, a new idea.

If you use otclient, custom sprites and a whole new dynamic playthrough, then you have a new game. You have a new story and you have a new idea.
Market your project way before release, get the anticipation ready and then boom, public release fills with hundreds and thousands of players.

Ive been developing my own for a long time now, and its been on and off over the last year n half.. Its not so much finding people to help, its having the discipline to finish it. A lot if good projects halt.. Look at heroland.. Or een scarlet horn, it may be dead now but the files still exist, hesten still has it.. Whether or not there is a high demand for custom ots at the moment or not, these servers are building for the future demand..

Imo it is advertising that isnt utilised properly.. Put it on facebook, twitter, flood pages and social networks with its information site, and ip. Have a ipchanger downloadable on your site.. Dont just advertise to tibia players advertise to everyone and chances are you'd get some attention of a large chunk from 800million people whether they have even heard of tibia or not. Don't market it as a custom tibia sever. Market it as a game, a new story, a new idea.

If you use otclient, custom sprites and a whole new dynamic playthrough, then you have a new game. You have a new story and you have a new idea.
Market your project way before release, get the anticipation ready and then boom, public release fills with hundreds and thousands of players.
Your right, hype has a lot to do with it. I'm on the Scarlet Horn team and if we ever get it online I'm confident it would initially get a solid online count. Sadly, the last update to the change log was submitted by me on March 6 of last year. I'm not sure what you mean by future demand for custom OT's, but it seems to only be decreasing. I hosted a custom OT a few years ago (anyone remember Road to Zion?) and the quality wasn't even near to where the server I'm playing on now is. Somehow it still managed to average 150+ people, with a max in the four hundreds. I'm assuming its because this was back before real map servers started popping up like roaches.

While I wasn't around on my current server in the preliminary stages, I did join within a few days of it starting. The preliminary marketing was lacking in areas, but since its gone online we have created facebook pages, twitter pages, and used google AdWords, all of which were pretty ineffective. Honestly the most effective form of advertisement seemed to be posting on this forum and the OT server lists.

We have always developed our current server to be a fresh, but still familiar, take on classic tibia. It was never our goal to create a new game, there are plenty of better options for that than using otclient with custom sprites. If that's the approach you were trying to take than I highly recommend you checking out the Unity engine if you haven't already. It makes it a breeze to create cross-platform, high quality, 3D games to be used on either mobile or desktop devices.

Your right, hype has a lot to do with it. I'm on the Scarlet Horn team and if we ever get it online I'm confident it would initially get a solid online count. Sadly, the last update to the change log was submitted by me on March 6 of last year. I'm not sure what you mean by future demand for custom OT's, but it seems to only be decreasing. I hosted a custom OT a few years ago (anyone remember Road to Zion?) and the quality wasn't even near to where the server I'm playing on now is. Somehow it still managed to average 150+ people, with a max in the four hundreds. I'm assuming its because this was back before real map servers started popping up like roaches.

While I wasn't around on my current server in the preliminary stages, I did join within a few days of it starting. The preliminary marketing was lacking in areas, but since its gone online we have created facebook pages, twitter pages, and used google AdWords, all of which were pretty ineffective. Honestly the most effective form of advertisement seemed to be posting on this forum and the OT server lists.

We have always developed our current server to be a fresh, but still familiar, take on classic tibia. It was never our goal to create a new game, there are plenty of better options for that than using otclient with custom sprites. If that's the approach you were trying to take than I highly recommend you checking out the Unity engine if you haven't already. It makes it a breeze to create cross-platform, high quality, 3D games to be used on either mobile or desktop devices.

Yep, understand this but i think you should publicise your advertisments too.. Spread your page links on other pages, and word of mouth is a strong aspect. Do promotions like "invite a friend - recieve one day of double exp? Or something, although you need advertising you need incentives. If i ever finish my project i will do it just for the players, i cant explain how without doing it but i seem to be able to talk ppl into things and out of them easily xD. At the moment my project is halted while i help shadowsong with necronia, but i will continue mine and i probably wont even have a donation option (debating about this) since im doing it fun, not for money. I can afford to lose money on the project as i still make more than i lose. And while im at uni, i will be able to get some quick help with certain aspects (parge variety of skills from ppl at uni).

People need to remember customer service is the #1 most important concept to anything. Advertising gets you the players, cust service keeps the players.

If scarlet horn ever finishes i will help in getting a player base (i do somewhat have a decent influence with things but idk i think owners underestimate their true potential and settle when they get 30-50 players. Always strive for more.

Of course the OTs are dying. Just look at the ad threads.

New server

999x

Come and play!

Bullshit! You need to work on every little thing and detail to make it work!

Custom servers are not found to be entertaining. Wars are.

All the Rpgers have quit or are on rl tibia, I heard mainly in the lands of Fidera.
xd

Back