• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Thronar - Alternate Tibia Server (New more organized thread)

The cathedral dungeon was quite hard. You really need a team there and preferable a team of friends. The only time I was deep in the dungeon we were with a lot of different people. Many had died already and then someone ninja'd looted some kind of item which wasn't even for his vocation which made the blocker? angry and the group split up. Some left the lair with the blocker? and lived, the others continued and died shortly after.
With enough content people will be strong enough for the boss within 2 weeks though and if there are some real PGers maybe a week.

Only thing I didn't liked about the server was that you didn't really had a lot of freedom with choosing your profession. If you were a high dps psychical vocation you kinda had to take the profession that allowed you to make weapons and ammunition or you would miss out on some very powerful offensive masteries.

Good thing is that this server still has my favourite npc. The one from who you have to get Elvish wine. The dialogues gave me some good laughs.

Haha I had some fun creating him, hes probably my favourite too.

And the professions, its true that according to your class youd have some more obvious choice, but knowing each of their masteries can lead to some unusual builds, such as a blocker with low cooldown herbs and potions, or a highly resilent tracker with deffensive masteries. Its up to each person's creativity.

Haha I had some fun creating him, hes probably my favourite too.

And the professions, its true that according to your class youd have some more obvious choice, but knowing each of their masteries can lead to some unusual builds, such as a blocker with low cooldown herbs and potions, or a highly resilent tracker with deffensive masteries. Its up to each person's creativity.
I really hope to meet more npcs that are as awesome as he is/ He doesn't happens to have a brother or sister?

There could be some unusual builds yes and creativity is a good thing and should be encouraged (I myself love being a mage with a distance weapon of most servers). Good unusual builds require some knowledge as you said and that's where the problems comes. You like to have some secrets on the server and have people figuring things out by themselves, like not saying what some pieces of equipment do for example or not saying what the masteries of the vocations and professions are. These things work a little bit against each other. People who are willing to get creative don't really have the knowledge for it and those who want the traditional build may end up having to be creative since they picked a wrong profession. Also not all vocations are also suitable for creative building.

An other thing which I didn't liked is that the equipment for the crossbowman (and probably marksman as well) made you slower while you want to try to keep your distance from monsters as a ranged vocation.

Crossbowman is actually a heavy DPS dealer, but they lack in speed and distance, Marksman do medium DPS but they have more speed and distance, so they're like the oposite of each other.
They're unique in their own way, I like the way they are right now, last beta I had a level 25 crossbowman, using best gear which added distance, with buffs I had 98 distance for a short while (enough to use charged bolt) which I did like 600 damage once, on a player.
Marks are more like hit and run style, since their attacks is faster than Crossbowmen and their skill also give a short speed buff (strafe).

Last edited:
Idk I mean they were really good at team hunting, I remember I found some item that made me move like I was para'd but made me hit A LOT and as long as you have a blocker it was perfect.

I really hope to meet more npcs that are as awesome as he is/ He doesn't happens to have a brother or sister?

There could be some unusual builds yes and creativity is a good thing and should be encouraged (I myself love being a mage with a distance weapon of most servers). Good unusual builds require some knowledge as you said and that's where the problems comes. You like to have some secrets on the server and have people figuring things out by themselves, like not saying what some pieces of equipment do for example or not saying what the masteries of the vocations and professions are. These things work a little bit against each other. People who are willing to get creative don't really have the knowledge for it and those who want the traditional build may end up having to be creative since they picked a wrong profession. Also not all vocations are also suitable for creative building.

An other thing which I didn't liked is that the equipment for the crossbowman (and probably marksman as well) made you slower while you want to try to keep your distance from monsters as a ranged vocation.

You have some good points about everything you said, but still, Im not attempting on making anything on Thronar to follow some kind of pattern, I just throw every good idea I have into the pot and mix everything into what it is. For example, different classes learn skills in different ways, so you could say some have it easier than others, but its part of the game and wont change. Thats the same about professions and builds, some classes have it more obvious while others doesnt, thats just how its supposed to be, unpatterned. And knowledge is something that will come with time, I want the first players to walk an unknow path.

Okey, understandable. I always want to know/discover everything since my curiosity has no limits. Making rational decisions on ots without having the knowledge for it is something I find hard to do. Guess I can't have it always my way and despite not being able to always make rational decisions I still loved the alpha/beta :)

I'm most likely going for crossbowman again or maybe a tracker. Were marksmen able to wear equipment that increased their speed? If so I might make a marksman instead since I love dodging monsters.

I am so sad I didnt play in the beta cause of fking holidays trip back than. I will be on this and for gods fking sake I hope the pvp system is good *-*

Trackers are the only ones that can learn exiva and maybe it even had quite an exhaust, but I don't remember that. So in battle you need multiple people.

The vocations were maybe not balanced for 1 v 1 (which is also not needed as long as the difference is not too big), but there were interesting combinations. During a pvp event I as crossbowman got teamed up with a tank/healer or someone who could do both a bit. As long as he could keep the melee vocations a bit away from me we would do fine.

We are currently working hard on getting the OT to run properly in a linux hosting environment. ;)

Posted 4th:
I believe I said it already, about a week in the best case.

I hope

But chances are its going to take a while extra. I hope less than 2 weeks.

The distro will have to be changed to a more recent and stable one, and with it many conflicts and errors will occur. It will take a while to fix everything, but I hope not too long.

The distro will have to be changed to a more recent and stable one, and with it many conflicts and errors will occur. It will take a while to fix everything, but I hope not too long.

Just take ur time and double check everything :)

it will be amazing when it comes , if its in 1 week or in a month people will still love it

You guys could host this unstable version anyway for an Alpha testing, to check balance, spells, etc., but also the server (ping, etc) =)

So we can have a little taste while you fix it to a newer version :D

I say just work on it as long as you need and only release it when you think it's ready. I'd rather have a pretty nice server upon release rather than a really buggy one where everyone starts to complain.

You guys could host this unstable version anyway for an Alpha testing, to check balance, spells, etc., but also the server (ping, etc) =)

So we can have a little taste while you fix it to a newer version :D

Cant, the current version has a really grave bug on linux, that crashes whoever cast spells.

Back