• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Thronar - Alternate Tibia Server (New more organized thread)

It crashed, it will be coming back soon and Ive indentified the cause so don't worry.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, Clerics ment to be buffers i think and they cant even taunt anything.. at higher lvl monsters taunt is very needed since some monsters can 1 hit every other classes than squires

Thats true, while clerics can block they arent the bests because of this.

Do anyone here play a swordsman?

Would be nice if he could post his opinion about his class here.

Here's my opinion and I'm not sure how many times I've told you this and I probably sound like some big cry baby because I keep complaining about it. I'm not sure why you don't understand that swordsman(tank) should have the most HP. Many aspects on here rely on your hp such as, how much burst you can tank, the healing effect of herbs and potions, and the effect of the protector mastery. All 3 of those strictly rely on the amount of hp you have. With a lower hp pool, potions/herbs heal less therefore making you tank less effective than a warrior, a warrior get more hp per level and more hp regen, they also hit more which means they kill the target faster and take less damage over all. There's only 3 things that swordsman get over warriors and 1 of them is completely useless. The "extra armor bonus" swordsman get is only .3 more which is nothing at all, it's not even noticeable. I bet if you never told anyone that swordsman had an armor bonus no one would even know because it's not noticeable. The second thing is taunt which is pretty good and needed as tank but still doesn't balance that warriors have more hp, whats the point of taunting something if you're not even tanky? Also the spell guard is complete trash, I had a test with a player with and without the spell and the damage dealt to me was still the same. I feel like shielding on here doesn't matter because when I used guard and got up to 80 shielding it still didn't make me take any less damage. You should really add some useful spells for swordsman things like taunt everyone around and heal over time, or buffs that increase your hp, stuff like that. The third thing is something I like, the shields and only how swordsman/clerics can use them but it would be nice if they had special effects on them like weapons do, stuff like x chance to heal x amount of hp, or x amount to block x amount of damage. The way I see it is that HP is one of the most important things for a tank and I've even had people tell me this. There was a time where I was hunting with a few people and there was a warrior like 4 levels lower than me who was damage and still had more HP than me at full and they were like wow, how come swordsman has less hp than a warrior... I know you keep saying that later on they will get better or become more useful but that's later on you need to focus on early game too, that's what keeps people interested and playing. If you have a boring early game people will think man this sucks and will just quit. I'm sorry if the way you designed a tank is to have less hp but honestly you're the owner and you should take inconsideration what players think. Hp is a big factor on here whether you admit it or not and I'm not trying to sound like little kid who keeps bugging you about this but it's really annoying when a warrior can tank so good, they did cathedral and even killed dragon hatchlings with a warrior blocking and it makes me feel like I'm completely useless. Well there's my opinion do as you like now because I've come to the point where I honestly don't care anymore.

Here's my opinion and I'm not sure how many times I've told you this and I probably sound like some big cry baby because I keep complaining about it. I'm not sure why you don't understand that swordsman(tank) should have the most HP. Many aspects on here rely on your hp such as, how much burst you can tank, the healing effect of herbs and potions, and the effect of the protector mastery. All 3 of those strictly rely on the amount of hp you have. With a lower hp pool, potions/herbs heal less therefore making you tank less effective than a warrior, a warrior get more hp per level and more hp regen, they also hit more which means they kill the target faster and take less damage over all. There's only 3 things that swordsman get over warriors and 1 of them is completely useless. The "extra armor bonus" swordsman get is only .3 more which is nothing at all, it's not even noticeable. I bet if you never told anyone that swordsman had an armor bonus no one would even know because it's not noticeable. The second thing is taunt which is pretty good and needed as tank but still doesn't balance that warriors have more hp, whats the point of taunting something if you're not even tanky? Also the spell guard is complete trash, I had a test with a player with and without the spell and the damage dealt to me was still the same. I feel like shielding on here doesn't matter because when I used guard and got up to 80 shielding it still didn't make me take any less damage. You should really add some useful spells for swordsman things like taunt everyone around and heal over time, or buffs that increase your hp, stuff like that. The third thing is something I like, the shields and only how swordsman/clerics can use them but it would be nice if they had special effects on them like weapons do, stuff like x chance to heal x amount of hp, or x amount to block x amount of damage. The way I see it is that HP is one of the most important things for a tank and I've even had people tell me this. There was a time where I was hunting with a few people and there was a warrior like 4 levels lower than me who was damage and still had more HP than me at full and they were like wow, how come swordsman has less hp than a warrior... I know you keep saying that later on they will get better or become more useful but that's later on you need to focus on early game too, that's what keeps people interested and playing. If you have a boring early game people will think man this sucks and will just quit. I'm sorry if the way you designed a tank is to have less hp but honestly you're the owner and you should take inconsideration what players think. Hp is a big factor on here whether you admit it or not and I'm not trying to sound like little kid who keeps bugging you about this but it's really annoying when a warrior can tank so good, they did cathedral and even killed dragon hatchlings with a warrior blocking and it makes me feel like I'm completely useless. Well there's my opinion do as you like now because I've come to the point where I honestly don't care anymore.

I will be performing a few tests, mostly concerning the damage reduction of shields, and Ill reach a conclusion soon.

Warriors definitely should not have higher hp and hp regen than swordsmans, that's ridiculous.

The fail chance on taunt should just be removed entirely imo. Basically when people are just going swordsman to be blockers, they shouldn't have to throw away all their mastery points just to taunt creatures.

Last edited:
warriors look more like this
conan-the-barbarian-poster.jpg
thats why they have more hp
and swordsmans are rather thin guys with more skill in def
so what i think siegh you could make that extra def bonus for swordsmans a little higher (slightly) so it will be noticeable
because that is what they should be good at- defending while warriors should have high power, NOT survivability
if swordsmans will receive extra hp then what may happen it will become definitely most strong class amongst all

by most strong i mean its role is to defend, not to be the best tank no matter what it takes
also if the difference when using herbs exists beetwen those two classes and tank isnt healing stronger than warrior its good in my opinion
warrior main abilities is to reach his enemy fast and kill it as fast as he can so he dont have time for pots, so in exchange herbs will give him a bit ( dont know the difference)
more hp
in my opinion its ok, and everything on thronar is fresh, somehow everything makes one part so far( for me)

edit 3 my char i a druid, my second will be a cleric in future

Last edited:
Incoming warriors who don't want their class nerfed. Ohnoes they have pictures too.
Swordsman need to be able to tank, being tanks they should have the most hp... that's only logical.
I don't understand why this should even be questioned

I will be performing a few tests, mostly concerning the damage reduction of shields, and Ill reach a conclusion soon.
Still won't make it balanced, and you could at least read everything I wrote and tell me why of all the things you won't do any of it expect damage reductions of shields will still will barely help at all not sure why you can't see how important hp is.. and please, please I really want to know why you think tanks should have lower hp than a damage class. The only possible way I would see tanks having lower hp is if they had so much base defense where monsters hit a lot less but I'm sure that won't happen. I'm
just simply asking for tanks to have at least the same hp if not more as warriors and I'm sure many agree obviously the warrior players won't but others will.

Still won't make it balanced, and you could at least read everything I wrote and tell me why of all the things you won't do any of it expect damage reductions of shields will still will barely help at all not sure why you can't see how important hp is.. and please, please I really want to know why you think tanks should have lower hp than a damage class. The only possible way I would see tanks having lower hp is if they had so much base defense where monsters hit a lot less but I'm sure that won't happen. I'm
just simply asking for tanks to have at least the same hp if not more as warriors and I'm sure many agree obviously the warrior players won't but others will.

Because I want first to know at which extent can armor and damage reduction can be increased to a specific vocation.
Saying that 10%~ more hp is more important than high damage reduction while tanking makes no sense at all, if you have much higher damage reduction you will have more effective health points.

And what Im up to are balance changes, not concept changes. Warriors were designed to have higher health while swordsmen were designed to absorb much more punishment AND taunting spells, that includes guards. If balance changes are to be made, they will include higher resistance for swordsmen, and part of it are the new shields.

The server seriously needs some kind of bless or something. Losing your bp every time you die is simply ridiculous.
-Discourages exploring
-Discourages new players from playing the server who can't reach their loot
+Gives some kind of RPG feeling???

Idk I think it's stupid, anybody else feel free to post their opinion

@Siegh You don't understand that HP is a part of tanking too, the more HP you have the more you heal with herbs and potions which is VERY important...also with the protector mastery you'll heal more. I'd be fine with having less hp but on this server where herb/potion healing scales off HP it's not fair, just because you have more damage reduction won't exactly help unless it's so much that monsters hit half damage on you but that won't happen. I know nothing I say will change your mind, once you do something your way the how it will stay, it's okay though I forgot you're the one playing the server.

@Aeroo I think there is blessings but I'm not sure. That's one of the main points of the server it's supposed to be hard and challenging.

Mini tutorial for begginers

How to start?

1. First go to website:
Thronar Beta
---
2. Next press "New account", and complete all rubrics.
---
3. Log in by your account name, and password typed few minutes ago.
---
4. Now go to "Create Character", and also complete all rubrics.
---
5. Start Tibia, then log in.
If you dont have an ip changer, or Tibia client 9.86 go to "Download".
---
6. Let talk with "Starters Guide" NPC.
Say:
-hi
-mission
-first class
-squire/archer/magician
-mission
Now you need to kill some Giant Wasps and take 2 honeycombs to this NPC.

First Mission

1. Go to position marked on map
0tsb.png

---
2. Kill some "Giant Wasps" and collect the honeycombs(x2).
v6x.png

---
3. Go back to "Starters Guide" NPC and talk about mission.
Say:
-hi
-mission

Second Mission

For Squire

1.You should go to "Barney" NPC.
2nqs.png

---
4doc.png

---
bfhi.png

---
4. Let talk with "Barney".
Say:
-hi
-mission
---
5. Go some SQM down and talk with Leoric.
Say:
-hi
-mission
---
6.1. Now you can go to "Ariel" NPC for something special.
t7r0.png

Say:
-hi
-mission
Reward:
ooes.png

---
6.2. If you have potions, you can go hunt bears for his fur. This is the way.
3gh6.png

And next
wo17.png

Beware! Bears are really strong, you should try to fight on 'party' with friend.
---
7. If you have 10 "brown bear furs", you should back to "Leoric" in Armory shop and start talk with him.
Say:
-hi
-mission
---

For Archer

1.1. You should go to "Maurice" NPC in "Light Armor Shop". Go down from temple to Teleport Statue and click "Use".
p6u4.png

---
1.2. Now go this way.
akyj.png

---
1.3. Lets talk with "Maurice".
Say:
-hi
-mission
---
2. Next you need to talk with "Leoric". Go to "Armory" Shop.
d5nh.png

gvwf.png

And say:
-hi
-mission
---
3.1. Now you can go to "Ariel" NPC for something special.
t7r0.png

Say:
-hi
-mission
Reward:
ooes.png

---
3.2. If you have potions, you can go hunt bears for his fur. This is the way.
3gh6.png

And next
wo17.png

Beware! Bears are really strong, you should try to fight on 'party' with friend.
---
4. If you have 10 "brown bear furs", you should back to "Leoric" in Armory shop and start talk with him.
Say:
-hi
-mission
---

For Magician

1.1. You should go to "Horzin" NPC in "Magical Shop". Go down from temple to Teleport Statue and click "Use".
p6u4.png

---
1.2. Now go this way.
7rog.png

(upstairs)
---
1.3. Say:
-hi
-mission
---
2. Then go to "Leoric" NPC.
m3cq.png

gvwf.png

And say:
-hi
-mission
---
3.1. Now you can go to "Ariel" NPC for something special.
t7r0.png

Say:
-hi
-mission
---
3.2. If you have potions, you can go hunt bears for his fur. This is the way.
3gh6.png

And next
wo17.png

---
4. If you have 10 "brown bear furs", you should back to "Leoric" in Armory shop and start talk with him.
Say:
-hi
-mission
---

Now you finished the quest "Starters Guide". When you reach level 10 you will be able to promote to your advanced class
Go back to temple and say:
-hi
-promote
-promote
-(there you can choose your favourite class)

That's all. Thanks ;)

@Marfi
This is a really helpful tutorial man, I will make it official and give you the credits :)

@Aeroo
While I do agree with Zasranets that it should be hard, It really is depressing at some point how you can lose all your stuff at some really far away unreachable place. I will study different death penalty options and make it suitable, but still harsh as it should be.

About Swordsmen
After a few tests, Ive noticed how shield skill isn't meaning much, and it doesnt really help swordsmen feel tankier than warriors. Tho the change in shields which added a lot of % damage reduction to them was a step in the right direction and will achieve the results I, and you players, are looking for.

Until the next restart, I will greatly increase the damage reduction on all shields and remove a few more from warriors, so swordsmen will be able to be tanky without the need of a really rare shield, and at the same time warriors won't be able to profit from this change.

The guard spell, which in addition to challenge all creatures around you for some time, used to raise your shield skill, will now be reworked into a over-time healing that increases based on your shielding skill.

All those changes will help swordsmen fit better into the role they are purposed for.

More balance changes have been added regarding the Swordsman class

--The percentage of damage reduction on shields stronger than crest shield have been greatly increased, and warriors strongest avaliable shield is now Cooper Round Shield.

--The Guard spell has been reworked. Instead of increasing the shielding skill, it will now heal the caster for a percentage of its max health, this percentage being equal to his shielding skill. So, if you have a shielding skill of 40, the spell will heal 40% of your max health over 10 seconds. The mastery Guard Master has also been reworked to increase the total healing by 15% and increase the AoE of the taunting area around the caster. All levels of the spell will now last for 10 seconds, and will share a cooldown of 25 seconds.

I want some swordsman to try the new Guard and new shields and tell me what you think about them.

Yea something's wrong with the server and the webpage. You better wake up and fix this soon or I will find you, and I will kill you.

Back