• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia 11 - End of botting era?

There was someone who made a post regarding this matter which was very well written, and it stated that Cipsoft is not copying OpenTibia and its ridiculous to claim they are (maybe it was someone in the ox team, I dont remember).

OpenTibia is following Cipsoft, and we are 'forking' the game in so many ways, come on.. we got thousands of developers doing different things, dont you think Cipsoft sooner or later will have the same idea? Its not like they give a **** if something has been invented in OpenTibia already..

Actually, Legally CipSoft could have ended Open-Tibia many years ago..
But they didn't, it seemed like they enjoyed watching OTs grow with ideas and sprites and they actually watched the OT community that much that they even offered a few guys jobs at CipSoft as sprite artist, game coders and more.
There were certain tools created by highly skilled programmers in the past, almost all of them who did impressive work has been offered job.

I'm not 100% sure about this person, but I believe Daemon, a programmer that made some really good sprite/dat editors in the past was offered a job and took it (not sure it was him..)

And on the subject CipSoft looking, they're looking at what devs have been doing and what the reaction from others have been (new features) and took the ideas and made it to their own.
It's obvious everyone at Tibia's own forum is complaining and not giving ideas how to fix shit, while a look at a OT-Forum there's thousands of threads with issues and how to fix them.

And I wouldn't bee too surprised if CipSoft would look into how OT's connection works and try to use that as well as OT's game connections at many cases are a lot better than Tibia's own connections.
Also they will probably soon take a look at threads and save systems as well as OT's is a lot better at saving and keeping RAM as low as possible without fucking the game up.

For example, CipSoft can save an entire world with about 5 minutes delay, before every morning save.
Normally their server-saves take 10 minutes, sometimes even longer.

I can make same type of saving but in less than 10 seconds from start of save until the game is up and running again, with ofc going completely offline during the process.
And yes I'm pointing at saving the entire ingame map as well.. that's what CipSoft does.
But in what I do, it doesn't make any sense saving the entire game map, storing all crap so I can do my save&start with only a 3 seconds delay. (Counting that all houses has items in them)

So, in the end.. I don't think cipsoft ignores Open-Tibia, they could earn a decent amount of cash suing the top 50 servers from taking their customers and earning money doing so.
I think they're around to look for ideas and solutions, like they've always been.

dont you think Cipsoft sooner or later will have the same idea? Its not like they give a **** if something has been invented in OpenTibia already..
There was leaked document with gm policy somewhere on otland or something like that stating that they are forbidden to talk about OpenTibia.
sry for cutting your quote so much btw

@OpenTibiaServer
They're restarting the whole region (i.e all game servers located in germany or usa at the same time).
I guess everything is probably on a single machine so they save money or something plus the server setting is old and it stores a way larger amount of data so no wonder it's running slower. Consider it.

We're restarting a single game world in many cases with <100 players so no wonder it takes a way less time.

Last edited:
There was leaked document with gm policy somewhere on otland or something like that stating that they are forbidden to talk about OpenTibia.
sry for cutting your quote so much btw

@OpenTibiaServer
They're restarting the whole region (i.e all game servers located in germany or usa at the same time).
I guess everything is probably on a single machine so they save money or something plus the server setting is old and it stores a way larger amount of data so no wonder it's running slower. Consider it.

We're restarting a single game world in many cases with <100 players so no wonder it takes a way less time.
They are restarting each game world like we restart our servers, it's not like they have 1 database that need to colelct all at same time.
They have several databases, one for each world and each world only needs that database to run and save.
And yes, they store larger data than OTs which cause the delay, but more data doesn't mean more stuffs ingame.. their way of saving everything is as old as xml saving systems.. incredible huge and unnecessary.
and players online amount doesn't matter about the saves I'm talking about, it take just as much time with 10 players as for 10,000 players so that argument isn't valid.

My DarkOT is the oldest saving system I'm using atm, making complete saves every 60 seconds without anyone ingame notice, a save that is equal to the morning saves.. and it saves just as fast with 5 players online as with 400 players..
Thorsan is using my latest saving system and is saving 1,000 times faster than DarkOT and are currently saving every 10 seconds.. and once again it doesn't matter how much players there's online, or how many items there's in the houses.. you wont notice the saves anyway.. it's all how you design the system.

I see. It would require a lot of conversion and rewriting load/save functions, like moving from XML to SQL or from vB to XenForo.

Jul 05 2016 -
Tibia 11: Start of Open Beta Test
After three closed Betas, Tibia 11 is ready for the Open Beta test!
Tibians, we invite all of you to try out the new client version and help us tweak it before its official release!

Just invest some money on gms or people that have botted before. they know where botters are and they know where to find them. A botter always thinks like a botter.

There was someone who made a post regarding this matter which was very well written, and it stated that Cipsoft is not copying OpenTibia and its ridiculous to claim they are (maybe it was someone in the ox team, I dont remember).

OpenTibia is following Cipsoft, and we are 'forking' the game in so many ways, come on.. we got thousands of developers doing different things, dont you think Cipsoft sooner or later will have the same idea? Its not like they give a **** if something has been invented in OpenTibia already..
LOL ox team? they lie and make bad servers all I got to say.

botting will never end..they will always find a way to update thier bots..even browser only games have bots..

the only thing you can do is what i have done in the past if you find a botter make a trap where they cant move but creature can still kill them

ive prolly killed over 50 knights in thais anicent temple orcs alone easy by putting them over by bonelords and putting bonelord over bridge with it closed so they get shot by bonelords but cant attack back

Back