• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia 11 - End of botting era?

The graphics look shit

meKH8my.png

And I cant seem to find a way to set my own resolution in Graphics settings (like we can do atm in the current client). I can merely select between OpenGL and some DirectX versions. So this is how it looks atm..

Haha, I was playing like this for about a year when I was a kid. It looks like you don't have graphic driver or client doesn't support your card.

You need to enable AA, thats why it looks jagged. And Tibia is 2D. The sprites, code and perspective makes it look 3D, but it isint.. Sprites are just images, not actual 3D objects.

Lucas from Windbot said they won't have problems with Tibia 11. In fact they stated they'll be ready with their bot by the time the new client releases.

This client wont solve botting problems, there's already a few bot-samples working with tibia 11,
The random invitations "accidentally" invited few old bot developers that got curious about it, fired up their memory reading programs and started testing around.
Autoheal and full light and a few more features is already existing..

And as Tico Newgate said, bots will be available already the first day, for a fee ofc..

My hopes for a fair tibia has been ruined, the only thing that would help but wont happen, is if cipsoft actually hire staff that logins and manually cleans the game.
We all know that even if they only hired one, to sit 30-40 hours/week jumping server to server, the mass botting would decrease fast as shit.

My hopes for a fair tibia has been ruined, the only thing that would help but wont happen, is if cipsoft actually hire staff that logins and manually cleans the game.
We all know that even if they only hired one, to sit 30-40 hours/week jumping server to server, the mass botting would decrease fast as shit.

I don't understand why they never made one gm controlled game world. New servers bring fresh cash to the table these days (shop for pots plx) so it definitely won't hurt to try and see what happens. Me and my friends would instantly sign for such a server.

I don't understand why they never made one gm controlled game world. New servers bring fresh cash to the table these days (shop for pots plx) so it definitely won't hurt to try and see what happens. Me and my friends would instantly sign for such a server.

Yeah but I have my theories about the bots, I've been in tibia since they started and I've seen a lot of shit.. and yet today I have my theory that cipsoft is the ones that makes money from the bots by either helping bot makers with the linkers or making the bots themselves..

1: Once in the time, there was only noob bots that was like macrors mostly, east to kill, bugged and all that shit.
2: Tibia always had google similar ads on their hompage, to make extra cash, even after premium was introduced.
3: One day a bot ad for tibia was displayed on their homepage for quite some time during a day, number of bots peaked and incomes for the bot-developer skyrocked.
4: Tibia stops using advertises because "too risky".. but they never said where they'd get the extra cash from.. and since that day, cipsoft yearly income has also skyrocket and have been ever since..

Think about it, their income still skyrocket even if the players gets less and less.. math says you can milk players more and more but there's always an end to it and they should have reached that end years ago with world transfers and shit..
Still raising...
The business?.. bots ofc.. they're used in nearly every OT, bot users is 100's of thousands of paid bots.. only a small part of all users have "cracked" or "free" bots.

Imagine the number of money this could be, every OT you see have at least 1 paying bot user..
And think that CipSOft income still skyrocket..

Makes me feel all warm on the inside :)

I don't want to get to deep into details, but if cipsoft wanted to get rid of bots then they could easily do that, it's just a matter of money that they do not shut it down completly as bots also bring in money.
It's just a to long explanation as to why they will never do it.

Yeah but I have my theories about the bots, I've been in tibia since they started and I've seen a lot of shit.. and yet today I have my theory that cipsoft is the ones that makes money from the bots by either helping bot makers with the linkers or making the bots themselves..

1: Once in the time, there was only noob bots that was like macrors mostly, east to kill, bugged and all that shit.
2: Tibia always had google similar ads on their hompage, to make extra cash, even after premium was introduced.
3: One day a bot ad for tibia was displayed on their homepage for quite some time during a day, number of bots peaked and incomes for the bot-developer skyrocked.
4: Tibia stops using advertises because "too risky".. but they never said where they'd get the extra cash from.. and since that day, cipsoft yearly income has also skyrocket and have been ever since..

Think about it, their income still skyrocket even if the players gets less and less.. math says you can milk players more and more but there's always an end to it and they should have reached that end years ago with world transfers and shit..
Still raising...
The business?.. bots ofc.. they're used in nearly every OT, bot users is 100's of thousands of paid bots.. only a small part of all users have "cracked" or "free" bots.

Imagine the number of money this could be, every OT you see have at least 1 paying bot user..
And think that CipSOft income still skyrocket..

Makes me feel all warm on the inside :)

Still does not explain why they're not making a gm controlled game world. Let ppl have their bots on the other worlds, even I botted for some time cuz everyone around me started using it. Got no problems with it, sio'ing 50+ ppl with hotkeys/typing got quite hard.

Still does not explain why they're not making a gm controlled game world. Let ppl have their bots on the other worlds, even I botted for some time cuz everyone around me started using it. Got no problems with it, sio'ing 50+ ppl with hotkeys/typing got quite hard.
Because cipsoft would be stupid to tell out they allow bots, specially back in 2006, the game would completely die down since there's many others MMORPG that actually beats botters all day long.
Only OTs can say they allow bots and succeed with it, if lucky or very viral with a decent playerbase, but as a global company and game, it would be suicide if they actually said they want to allow botters.

And like Evil said, if Cip really... REALLY wanted botters gone, botters would be gone.
CipSoft have hired a lot of people from OT's to work for them, graphic artists, coders and designers, but they've never hired anyone that's very skilled in detecting and avoiding bots. there are quite some people around here who knows how bots works and have decent and functional ideas how to prevent them, the only thing making OT developers handicapped is the fact nobody has sources of the tibia client and therefor are limited to dll injections and hex editing.

People are already creating these so called "anti-bot clients" and that's all with dll injections, imagine how awesome anti-bot clients would be if we actually had sources to rebuild the client :)

Me myself, I've been working a lot with anti-bot stuffs and I've tried for years to crack down the tibia client into source files but never really succeed to recompile it.. maybe I never will but if I crack it one day, oh my gosh I got some real nice ideas how to avoid bots on daily basis by only using the client :D

There's one reason why CipSoft is keeping botters.
Money $$$ €€€ $$$
And they still didn't think about advertising Tibia...

Ok, so if I read newspaper and I see "Buy 2 products get 1 gratis" that means I'm reading a swedish newspaper?
It's used in many languages.
even though you can use gratis in many languages, its mainly used in swedish, other languages mostly use other words..

Ok, so if I read newspaper and I see "Buy 2 products get 1 gratis" that means I'm reading a swedish newspaper?
It's used in many languages.
I never said anything like that, I was just wondering why they didn't write "free premium account".

Please stop using that italic font also, eyes bro :(

Back