• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia 11 - End of botting era?

Deepling

Just a spammer
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello!
Today in tibia.com a news about new stand-alone client got published.

letter_martel_A.gif
new version of the stand-alone client is on the horizon, Tibians!

login_screen_beta_small.png
Client version 11.0 comes along with a redesigned login screen and a launcher to improve the installation and updating process of the stand-alone client. Most importantly, though, Tibia 11 has received a massive overhaul below the surface. We have completely revamped the technical side of the client to make Tibia fit for the future.

Tibia's long development history has left quite a few marks on the code of the current stand-alone client. Its age is evident through numerous technical limitations that weigh heavily on its maintainability and flexibility. Therefore, we started working on a new version of the stand-alone client that enables us to go beyond the currently existing restrictions as we continue to develop Tibia further.

So far, we have focused on Tibia 11's performance during development since we know that a stable and reliable client is crucial for players. This is also the reason why the new version of the stand-alone client pretty much looks and feels like the current version for now - a look and feel that you are familiar with and that some of you have grown to love as we learned back when the Tibia Flash client was released. Before starting to work on new client features or UI improvements, for example, we want to make sure that most of you are satisfied with this version of the stand-alone client in terms of reliability and performance.

Therefore, we are going to have an extensive Beta phase to gather data and feedback that helps us to make sure client version 11 is ready for release.
A closed Beta test has started today during which a group of randomly selected players can try out the new client version for some time. We plan to run further Beta tests with other groups of randomly selected players later on. Players who have been selected for a closed Beta test receive an email invitation on their registered Tibia email address with further instructions.
Of course, we will open the Beta to everyone eventually so all of you will get the chance to experience and test the new client version before its official release.

We have set up a specific board where invited Beta testers can give us feedback about their experiences during the Beta. All players can read this board. You can also find a dedicated FAQ there which summarises important bits and pieces about Tibia 11 and the Beta. It may be a lot of information to take in but it can help to answer commonly asked questions so please make sure to read it thoroughly!

Last but not least, please keep in mind that Beta means that things may not work smoothly yet and are subject to change. As usual during test runs, glitches and bugs are to be expected. That is the reason why we are running this Beta - to find and squash bugs and to optimise the new client version performance-wise before the final release. Please also note that Beta testers will log in and play on the regular game worlds with the Beta version of Tibia 11.

We hope we can count on your help and constructive feedback!

Your Community Managers

Some screenshots
11trade.png

11market_small.png

11options_small.png

Link to FAQ : http://forum.tibia.com/forum/?action=announcement&announcementid=81&boardid=139729

Do you think it is going to be end of the botting era?

~Eternity

I do not know for sure, I don't know if believing the comments like: "Cipsoft's economy depends on botters so they won't get rid of them" that many people posts in official forums and here.
I hope they do, or at least this new client will give them the chance to do so.
I do not know how the client works neither do I know a lot about servers, but with the little knowledge I possess I would dare to say that, with this client and how it seems to operate, creating a 100% anti-bot tool is really hard as bot programs seems to even generate different patterns of walking, different intervals to use items, etc. So it's nearly impossibe to differenciate between a person actually making inputs to a bot making them..And surely, this bot programs simulates key pressings instead of just sending the information directly.
Even if they don't simulate key pressings, I don't think the actual Tibia Client nor Servers have a way to recognize that.

On the other hand, I am very happy with the last news about the new items and effects!
And with this client news I'm even more happy!
It seems Cipsoft is moving on, finally! Tibia deserves a fight, it's a game we all love!
Even if people say Cipsoft ruined Tibia, the last news renewed my hopes in them!
Gogo Cipsoft! Hail Tibia! <3

If anyone is invited to the closed beta that is also active here in OTLand, can he maybe upload the setup or files of the client? It might be interesting, if only the features changed but not the protocol so much we might be able to login and play arround some with it.

To answer the question we need to analyse the protocol. If they have been lazy, it was not changed at all as it would mean they had to change their server aswell. The article sounds like the client is focused on a remastered GUI and rendering engines (OpenGL 2 and so on...) So I doubt there are heavy changes here...

They did not even setup a test-server but the beta-testers will use the client to play on the regular game-worlds on their own risc.
So in fact I cannot imagine they put two protocol handlings into their live servers, so I assume we might even be able to easily login on an OT supporting the latest protocol-version with only a few slight changes.

Last edited:
no invitation here either.
Created:Apr 04 1998, 13:12:24 CEST
:p

They picked people that were suitable for the testing period. They might've been active in discussions, feedback and such. Or they have been tutors or important people. it simply isn't only about you having an old account. :D

They picked people that were suitable for the testing period. They might've been active in discussions, feedback and such. Or they have been tutors or important people. it simply isn't only about you having an old account. :D
shush you. :p
I wanna first, okay? :eek: :oops:

Yea I was tutor in the past and I dont mind being again but its not possible with the "Thank you" feature because noone is asking stuff in help chat of forum that you can even answer and when they do and you help them: They do not know that they can click "Thank you" or they simply wont do it anyway. You cannot rely on fair people if you want to elect people that way. Whatever Its Cipsoft what did I or anyone expect? I just want the client... ^.^

Bot developers will always find a way to make their bot work on the tibia client.

There is always someone who will be able to reverse engineer it and find a way.

To be honest, Botters dont bother me anymore, They just make the boring days more fun, When trapping and wasting botters with monster traps and such.

Its a necessary evil in tibia, Which i think will never be removed, Cipsoft also makes alot more money when there are botters around, Which i think is the reason they havent tried too hard to remove them :p

No bots on CIP-servers = 1 years time they will be left with a handful of servers, maximum.

EDIT: or 2 handfulls(10) :p

Its a necessary evil in tibia, Which i think will never be removed, Cipsoft also makes alot more money when there are botters around, Which i think is the reason they havent tried too hard to remove them :p

Ofcourse! The skullsystem was implemented partly to get rid of playerkillers that killed bots...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. Not the end of an era. Rather the beginning of a new era.

There was development underway for a FlashClient bot but rumors of this new client forced devs to wait.

i personaly will get auto healing couple minutes after download new client. and i guess cave bot will be here around ~5 days

Its a new client totally developed with QT Framework, i believe it take more than few days to get cavebots to works. As the new client is different inside, those bots that are on the market will not work.

It's only for tutors and fansite staff.
No, they randomly selected accounts. We checked roughly 300 bot accounts and found 2 that were invited.

Even if you have the beta client, you cannot login to Tibia with the client unless that account you're logging in with has been given login access by Cipsoft.
Later tonight, I'll stream it on Twitch so everyone can get a glance.

Back