• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia Editor 9.6 Discussion Thread.

Idk what you do with that all works for me..
Maybe just simple window with message tittle (So far~~) it was for me I didnt remove it.
Rly I have no idea why it could crash since it works here
folder.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

If it looks like that its fine.

File -> open -> Dat file -> Tibia.dat -> a popup with nothing -> a new popup with this error (using 9.6):

Code:
Error: Successfully Loaded: 2 item(s)
Failed on item 102
Unknown option byte: 0x21
Previous option byte: 0x10
Address: 0x75

Aborting...

Output windows says:

[19:14:53] Loading begi.. tibiaHandler.cpp
[19:14:53] File opened lets read first bytes.
[19:14:53] First bytes read.

But doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:
Not working for me either, you should post the .dat you are using tarjei, could be that the dat signature is different

Umm says i im missing a mingwm10.dll lol any one els has the problem xD, rly dont whana download a .dll only if i have to.

Ok guys let me download fresh dats then, beacouse it smells with something bad to me.
But we are already using this in our project beacouse limit of sprites has been exceeded, and I must say it works preety well.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I see Its proly beacosue there are some headers I missed damn it.

Ehh thanks for posting error, this reminded me that I just converted 8.54 dat structure to 9.6 one, but I forgot 9.6 contains also market structure. Fixing atm

- - - Updated - - -

Epic fail XD

- - - Updated - - -

Reuploaded, But I have doubts if it will compile items properly now >.< I doubt it so better dont compile new files with it yet.

Last edited:
@tarjei

Thanks now its opening, but its not compiling proper, wating for updates =)

You need a signature of dat, im too lazy to obtain it now, but dont use this Editor yet.. I completely failed and it is not compiling dat nor sprites.

Yeah but at least you can export IDF files that can help us a lot on making custom servers! Thank you very much!

tarjei, I have extracted Tibia 9.6 sprites and I would like to link the number.bmp files to the proper itemids. I've been told that information is on the dat file. Have you released your source code yet? I just need the dat reading part. If not, are you aware of a code I can use, or even a tutorial explaining the Tibia.dat format? Thank you!

I dont know what do you mean, I can release Executable of Tibia Editor but you wont be able to compile new dat yet (I need to make Market protocol)

There are already dat stuctures in net. If you need that, check tpforums.
Also you gotta imagive those files as a streams of binary numbers read bytes in proper order to get what you want.

Anyway there is repository on github (check first post) you can obtain it and check how dat/spr files are deserialized:)

- - - Updated - - -

I have a lot of work (own project and exams) so I cannot rework it this week.

¡Have Successuful with your Tests!
(y)(y)

Personaly i'm waiting for this to get the chance of work in older versions, i really care 8.6-8.54, it seems like a very good proyect and can solve the problems you get when u use noxito's & Blackdemon's programs to make items, because what you can do in one you cannot do it on the other and the items aren't visible from one program to the other.

I remember i used to have this problem creating stackable items.
if you think you can help by making this doesn't happend in this one (the problem with stackables) it would be cool.

¡Bless you!
(y)(y)

-Obsdark-

Originally it suports older versions, I guess you can find it somewhere in net. ^^

But tarjei, you didn't link to the repo on the first post yet. That's indeed what I need, to check how dat is deserialized.

Edit: nevermind, it's linked in a post below the first.
Edit2: so I'm on https://github.com/allanference/TibiaEditor ... may you give a hand and tell me where the .dat reading function is? Couldn't find it yet.

Also thank you very much for the good work.

Last edited:
its in tibiafile or something like that, you could also check in otclietn sources if you cant find it (thingmanager.cpp I guess.)

- - - Updated - - -

But it works fully?
It has essential features like loading compiling data files, importing exporting and so on..
Problem with 9.6 support is that it has a little bit other architecture and I missed market part (in compiling) for instance.
It doesnt support saving items attributes, I already put those issues into todo list.. So when I have time I will do that dont worry: )

Back