• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia in 3D using Runescape platform with elements of 1.2

TFS in 3d, is this something you would like to see or play?

• Yes, I would play and would like to learn how to develop a game like this.

• Yes, I would play it but I am not really interested in developing a game like this.

• No, I am not really interested in playing this type of game.

• No, I am not interested in developing for a game like this.

• I don't really care...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well I got it to compile in the Java IDE and I can even play it :p
Xemx2Fb.png

shops
HNrJRf3.png

a dungeon
ecDsdlO.jpg

Last edited:
Someone released the latest runescape open source server!!!
This will give you an idea what the game really looks like :)

The interface is very configurable, you drag and drop it anywhere, you can even stretch the mini-map, as you can see it has hotbars for skills, spells, attacks etc..
Best part you can play it as a stand alone or in the browser.
4WUQiuN.jpg

So after many hours and 1 movie i finally was able to download and setup the client/server
So here is a screenshot of the game and its floating windows :)
2vTODoc.jpg

World map with optional markers to show or not show map
GPLNHIe.png

Bank and a window for membership and or currency
mBjVP0e.jpg

The music is pretty decent too.

There is soo much cool stuff in this game, there is even a lobby area where you select a separate server.
6MvooWz.png

Last edited:
Looks cool. Just so you know half your images don't work.

I uploaded the images to imgur.com rather than using postimage.org.

So I got the new server/client to compile in eclipse

Interesting stuff

New Character Creation Window
eeJajaC.png

The new lobby, where you can see player info, world select, friends chat, clan chat (aka guild) and set your options as well as others things.
0cMbtOO.png

Optional interface/gameplay, you can choose between classic runescape or the new modern version
FMpe7rj.png

Old interface, classic
8MVCI6K.jpg

switch between interfaces
sLOZxRQ.jpg

new interface, modern
Ws6yZiE.jpg

As you can see its the same character in all the screen shots, frankly I like the new interface :p

Is this a showcase of RuneScape's features? Or are you simply trying to persuade us into loving your soon-to-come-Runescape-mod?

I think at this stage he is just documenting his investigation into the possibilities/potential of runescape modding.
Unfortunately this thread will probably need to move out of this board at some point and into a section more appropriate (as this is a runescape mod project rather than an open tibia project) (no hate on the project though)

I think at this stage he is just documenting his investigation into the possibilities/potential of runescape modding.
Unfortunately this thread will probably need to move out of this board at some point and into a section more appropriate (as this is a runescape mod project rather than an open tibia project) (no hate on the project though)
Indeed I am documenting the possibilities/potential, but also the progress, although I should really be documenting the procedure :p

I have some background in modeling, rigging, texturing, motion graphics etc, and I do understand to some degree how the tfs framework works.

The code for the server is actually quite clean in comparison to the client which is just de-compiled code, although my background in Java is not as extensive as it is in lua or php, but what better way to learn a language or improve on other skill-sets than to work on a project that has a probable potential to move this community in a different direction out from 2.5d into the 3d realm.

This isn't something which will happen over night and may very well take years to complete or even scratch the surface.

Believe it or not I use to be an IT Consultant/Technician, I made a very good living for a number of years in these professions and I owe my thanks not just to this community amd communities like it, but to games in general, but the dynamics of my previous profession have changed quite a bit and are no longer as relevant as they once were, however to stay relevant you must change with technology...

This is why I encourage others to learn the environment they are working in, its not just me being a dick or hard ass, I am adamant about this because you never know where this knowledge or mindset will lead you and how it can improve your life.

Prior to working in this field I was making minimum wage which at the time was about $6 an hour (yes back when dinosaurs roamed the earth), over the years through countless hours of studying and experimentation I was making almost $1,000 a day, I didn't make it everyday but I was my own boss and I answered to almost no one.

To summarize or tldr

This isn't just about making/modding a game, this is about learning new skill-sets, which can be applied in the real world.

Last edited:
The site i got this source from, the people/staff there make me look like a saint... and you think I am rude or unhelpful.. people ask simple questions like what environment can they compile this in... really simple questions and are either ignored or called a leecher.. ffs

I didn't really need any help compiling but the site is soo massive and it really isn't organized properly, its not exactly like this community where there is a bit more structure.

Where to begin is the tough part...

So I woke up this morning, and decided since I like to build tools, the 1st tool I am going to build for this project is an animation parser, I will be borrowing the code from both the client and server so that I am able to view the animation sequences, this tool will aid in allowing me to generate or even modify the combat animation of the player... you really gotta see some of these animations. :p

Since the client is de-compiled code I will be reconstructing it to terms which make sense so it is easier to update or reference on the server end.

Back