• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia in 3D using Runescape platform with elements of 1.2

TFS in 3d, is this something you would like to see or play?

• Yes, I would play and would like to learn how to develop a game like this.

• Yes, I would play it but I am not really interested in developing a game like this.

• No, I am not really interested in playing this type of game.

• No, I am not interested in developing for a game like this.

• I don't really care...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Codex NG

Recurrent Flamer
Solutions
Reaction score
I've been playing a number of games over the years such as everquest 2, dc universe online, champions online, runes of magic and I even just recently started playing runescape again (I have a 10+ year old account :) )

A lot of these games have really cool features which could work well inside of tibia while there are others that don't.

Although I was recently working on a new system for Tibia Next which I am most likely going to abandon and release to the public.

The original runescape was just terrible when it came to graphics but it was addictive for its content in that your character wasn't just killing creatures, you could build your character skills to use in your adventure, I think this aspect of game play is missing when it comes to open tibia servers that claim to be rpg based, aside from missing a story line or a real quest system.

Like tibia, runescape too has a mirror community devoted entirely to the development of open source servers.

So with that in mind I will be working on a runescape based tfs server :)

Link to the library
https://otland.net/threads/magical-items-for-1-2-incomplete-version.242338/

Last edited:
So today, while I wasn't causing trouble on the forums, I started working on the shop system to emulate that of found in runescape... the progress is slow but promising.

I remember when I was super young botting on runescape for 3 weeks, I forgot my laptop in my room. (I Had a another PC)

Nice idea codex would be cool to see what you come up with.

I played Runescape briefly when I was 12 (2003) shortly before I started Tibia.
I met two girls on there, and met up with them in real life the next day because they lived within riding distance of me.

It was only later in life that I realised how seriously dangerous that was and how badly that could have gone!
Ended up dating one of them for awhile though ;D

Best of luck with the project =]

I got a 3 month re-occurring membership and for the past 3 weeks all i have been doing gathering resources and building up my skills.. there is just soo much to do in that game, npc's everywhere all with a dialogue of some sorts, shops, dungeons, mini-quests, challenges, they really put a lot into the game.

osrs or the shitty eoc?
Am I suppose to know what that means?
I'll guess, no it isn't the classic runescape, its the updated version, classic runescape was discontinued.

osrs = Old school runescape, which has recently just been started up (1-2 years ago or so). I don't like eoc (evolution of combat) at all. Eoc is the latest "version" of runescape

osrs = Old school runescape, which has recently just been started up (1-2 years ago or so). I don't like eoc (evolution of combat) at all. Eoc is the latest "version" of runescape
Actually I googled it and its not a game but rather a system... who knows really I am still learning the ropes :p

Actually I googled it and its not a game but rather a system... who knows really I am still learning the ropes :p
Sure, eoc is a system implemented in the latest version of runescape. In order to differentiate between the two modes or whatever you'd like to call it, the terms "eoc" and "osrs" are used.

I played Runescape briefly when I was 12 (2003) shortly before I started Tibia.
I met two girls on there, and met up with them in real life the next day because they lived within riding distance of me.

It was only later in life that I realised how seriously dangerous that was and how badly that could have gone!
Ended up dating one of them for awhile though ;D

Best of luck with the project =]
thats a lil cute

So, my net went out again (this is the problem with getting net from the neighbors it isn't reliable :() so set up my phone to teather its network and most likely used up all my bandwidth :( I guess the unlimited data plan will be the next thing I upgrade to... So I downloaded a private rs server/client and got it running after a bit of searching for something that actually worked.

This server is awesome!

Next step will be learn the ins and outs of the source... TFS really needs to go 3d even if it is low res... but that is what shaders are for!

Hey, I was wondering. If im right you cant advertise this Ots on otservlist.org because its not a tibia server.

I heard people made a Dragon Ball Z server and the server got banned because it's not a Tibia server.

Just mentioning so you dont waste a lot of time for nothing.

https://otland.net/threads/banned.173156/#post-1681348

(Not sure tho)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I was wondering. If im right you cant advertise this Ots on otservlist.org because its not a tibia server.

I heard people made a Dragon Ball Z server and the server got banned because it's not a Tibia server.

Just mentioning so you dont waste a lot of time for nothing.

https://otland.net/threads/banned.173156/#post-1681348

(Not sure tho)
I'm not concerned with otservlist or anyone's opinion of what I can or should be doing...

Even tho I have a new computer I still can't seem to compile 1.2 and my c++ sucks, but have no problem compiling Java and it is easier to for me to grasp...

I want to make some edits to this server, since you need to compile it when you make changes... that's where the secret weapon comes in :p
Besides I think it will be a lot of fun to work on something that is 3d and could support elements of TFS :)

Look how cool this is!
Login Screen
ekt9P4O.png

In game... its snowing!
3unobqK.jpg

There is another interface to choose classes which is more awesome but for some reason I only got this one...
Class Selection
lQsPcLV.png

Last edited:
Look how cool this is!
Login Screen
login.png

In game... its snowing!
game.png

There is another interface to choose classes which is more awesome but for some reason I only got this one...
Class Selection
classes.png
Nvm. :rolleyes:

Back