• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia Old School - Historia Discussion

Dead Zone

Historia Owner
Reaction score
Historiaforumbanner.png

Development Process

The RPG factor is a huge development goal since I wanted to tie in the history of early tibia. Each book you see in Historia will be well written with past info. Also some books may act as a helpful guide for custom quests. Or the books might turn on you and summon a daemon from hell! Well I'm not that brutal, but only in places that are hellish. Other books can increase your magic level or skills depending which one you find. Npc interaction will have key old players that would help you out during your first hour of journeys in the main land. NPC's will also broadcast events based on there trade. For example Frodo one day could run out of meat to sell. Frodo will wide broadcast a message to the players of Historia to bring him xxx amount of meat. Once the players reach the goal of meat brought back. He will bless the world with increased HP and Mana regeneration! This does not stop here! You can also join alliance with Ferumbras and become followers of Ferumbras. Then march a wide attack on the city of Tibia to defeat the king. If successful followers of Ferumbras will rule the city of Tibia for xx amount of time. Which will grant the followers special powers! Though having special powers comes with sacrifices.

The Tibia Clients

Historia will offer three client options to choose from. First one of course will be the Tibia 6.4 client. Followed by the Tibia 7.72 client. Which will allow players with newer hardware play Historia with the option to use the older graphics of Tibia 5.0. The final Tibia client which you can play on will be the client Tibia 5.0!. Tibia client 5.0 brings us huge client limitations on levels. Also for the famous random tile missing from floor bug.

Tibia 6.4 client - Pictured is the old Rookgaard temple.
Rook.png

======================================================================================================================​
Tibia 5.0 client - Pictured a player with his summoned Orc Spearman.
Tibia50Dungeon1.png
]

Level Cap - The Tibia 6.4 server will have a level cap at 150.
How it works: Upon reaching the maximum level of 150. On your next level you will be granted mLevel 1 (Monster Level 1)
Monster level: Monster level will have no cap, each monster level you gain has it's advantages.
Advantages: Various hunting grounds, Special dungeons for each vocation and harder monsters!

HP and MP gain will stop at mLevel 50.
Capacity will still gain per mLevel.

Player Feedback​
The community will indeed be the hardest part to bring back like how it was. The Historia team will try our best to host many events to the historia community.
Game play will be focused on RP-PVP, a new unique game play technique we think will offer the players the best of two worlds PVP and RPG.
More information on the player community will be posted in the upcoming days of development.
So now I ask the community of Otland. Would would you like to see in a true "Old School" tibia server?
Like what you see? Join our facebook fan page! https://www.facebook.com/tibia64

Last edited:
What about features? Can you list most ideas, features, and your payback ideals for this project to success?

I would love to play this, seems pretty awesome. I never had the chance to play 6.4 myself so it'd be cool.

sounds cool! Same as Bazzese never had the chance to play 6.4 so would be awesome if this comes online!

lol, i doubt this will work. 7.4 is fun, but 7.1- is no skull system, no ank, no hotkeys on autosend, but it looks like a 7.7 server with 6.4 sprites. (correct me if im wrong)

lol, i doubt this will work. 7.4 is fun, but 7.1- is no skull system, no ank, no hotkeys on autosend, but it looks like a 7.7 server with 6.4 sprites. (correct me if im wrong)

They can always add skull system, hotkeys and others.

What about features? Can you list most ideas, features, and your payback ideals for this project to success?

Features as of right now:
Broadcasting
PVP - No skull system! There will be a custom banishment system in place for this.
Summon monsters - Same as real tibia. Though once you log out monsters become hostile and go rampant on other players!
Spell system - Same as a Tibia 7.4 server. Though other classes can learn spells from other vocations via spell scrolls.
Key housing - Housing works just like real tibia. Though you will need to use a key to open the door. Each house has their own key.
Day and Night system - During the night a custom undead raid goes rampant on the Tibia city.
Vocation system - Vocation system is the old vocation portal room.
Books - Read the description above on my first post.
Almost complete Tibia 4.0 real map with original locations and quests.

Features as of right now:
Broadcasting
PVP - No skull system! There will be a custom banishment system in place for this.
Summon monsters - Same as real tibia. Though once you log out monsters become hostile and go rampant on other players!
Spell system - Same as a Tibia 7.4 server. Though other classes can learn spells from other vocations via spell scrolls.
Key housing - Housing works just like real tibia. Though you will need to use a key to open the door. Each house has their own key.
Day and Night system - During the night a custom undead raid goes rampant on the Tibia city.
Vocation system - Vocation system is the old vocation portal room.
Books - Read the description above on my first post.
Almost complete Tibia 4.0 real map with original locations and quests.

You convinced me, while reading I was picturing how fun this shall be. The most exciting one are raids !!

Edit;

Do you have twitter or a website were we can hook up all the changes / work you've been doing?

Looking great so far! Should upload some gameplay previews !

You mean there will be 2 servers at the same time ? 6.4-5.0 and 7.72 or one server that we can connect from both clients ? If second option its not good idea on old client for example you cant open battlelist and backpack in same time in new 7.72 client you can. It will not be fair for players who play oldschool client. For people who have newer windows than xp should be tutorial how run old tibia client throught virtualbox for example.

You mean there will be 2 servers at the same time ? 6.4-5.0 and 7.72 or one server that we can connect from both clients ? If second option its not good idea on old client for example you cant open battlelist and backpack in same time in new 7.72 client you can. It will not be fair for players who play oldschool client. For people who have newer windows than xp should be tutorial how run old tibia client throught virtualbox for example.

I plan at this point have two servers up. Since the same thought came to mind from the testers of the 6.4 client. Some people cannot stand the way Tibia 6.4 plays, so with the 7.72 option they will have the same UI they're used to. Right now we're thinking about making the 7.x server different from the 6.4. Different story line and quests will be the changes in mind so far. How does "Historia 7.72 - Rise of the Demon God" sound? More info soon =)

That's great to know ! Maybe i will play both servers :D. But for sure i will play 6.4 one, cause it's more unique, and i love that hardcore UI it have. And i will not expect many players at the start, but for me its ok. I was playing 2 years ago on very similar ots, it was running on modified Tibia 7.6 with old sprites, scripts etc. There was like 15-20 players online (it was polish server not world-wide) and i had much more fun playing it with 15-20 great people, than playing on 8.4 server with 600 people without any fun. I think only matured, not kiddish players will play on 6.4 cause its much harder to play, but it's more oldschool :). And thanks to that community will be much better.

And other problem on 7.72 - bots :(. There is no 6.4 bots, even aim bots isnt exists anymore ;d.

Back