• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Feature Tibia Recordings Renderer

tibiacast

Reaction score
Hiho!

I don't think that you can easily generate video frames in such an easy way, it would require a lot of work to analyze packages and draw the whole environment instead to the client. The solution you think could work as an otclient extension that generated such cages instead of drawing them, but anyway the converter above (or parsing code) will be useful as input data for such a solution in the customer.

This is all in all an interesting challenge for the future and who knows, maybe someday it will be automated.

That day is now. :)

Tibiacast had this feature back in the day, and last year we decided to clean up and open-source our Tibia rendering library because why not. You can find it on GitHub here: GitHub - tibiacast/tibiarc (https://github.com/tibiacast/tibiarc)

While mainly intended to be used as a library to be included in existing Tibia applications like tulio150's Tibia Time Machine or gurka's upcoming online player (emscripten-based), there's a demo command-line application for Linux/WSL that can convert recordings to any video format that ffmpeg supports, or act as a really basic player through its sdl2 backend.

Currently supported recording formats are .trp (TibiaReplay), .recording (Tibiacast), and .tmv2 (TibiaMovie). More can be added relatively easy but I haven't had enough recordings to work with. You can use gurka's .rec converter to convert old TibiCams to .trp, or tulio150's Tibia Time Machine once we've got support for its .ttm files.

Supported Tibia versions are 7.11 - 7.92, and while there's rudimentary support for versions up to 10.95, I haven't had any recordings to test with while cleaning this up for public release, so it will be very much hit-or-miss from 8.0 onward. If you've got a recording that doesn't work, open an issue on GitHub with it attached and I'll see what I can do. :)

1707558369940.png

Back