• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Feature Tibia Recordings Converter

kor

PHP ziom
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
rookgaard
YouTube
Rookgaard
Hiho! Do you have a very old recording on your computer that you would like to watch and reminisce about the good times, but you don't have the tool to open it? Fear no more, because here I present a small but useful tool that will convert a given recording (in .rec or .cam format) to another type so that you can watch it in the player you are using.

Just insert the files from Releases · rookgaard/rec-converter (https://github.com/rookgaard/rec-converter/releases) (or compile them yourself from sources) into the recordings directory, and the tool will do the rest.

Inside the code, you can decide what format the recordings should be translated to from:

The program was written to work, not to be bulletproof. If the recording file is damaged in any way, the program will simply turn off (crash) or freeze in an infinite loop. However, when running it on a pack of famous 4900 recordings (http://ots.me/tmp_files/4900_TibiCam_movies.rar) it works very well and converts them on my PC in about 9 minutes (into 5 output formats, so into one selected it would take less than 2 minutes). Also, a huge thanks to @tulio150, because his code was an inspiration for me, as well as a clue to the key to decrypt the packages tibia-ttm/Tibia Time Machine/video.cpp at 5c88229043a10a99ebd4d6a24d38f5cd8b0d1f97 · tulio150/tibia-ttm (https://github.com/tulio150/tibia-ttm/blob/5c88229043a10a99ebd4d6a24d38f5cd8b0d1f97/Tibia%20Time%20Machine/video.cpp#L34)

I do not provide support for the above program, I do not help in its compilation, nor do I engage in other discussions related to it - whoever wants and knows how to use it, will use it. Please note that the names of the commits are in Polish, because I don't care.

Attachments

Last edited:
When I saw the title I had hoped the converter was going to put it into frames and then compile it together as a .avi or .mp4 or something. Nonetheless, still nice.

I don't think that you can easily generate video frames in such an easy way, it would require a lot of work to analyze packages and draw the whole environment instead to the client. The solution you think could work as an otclient extension that generated such cages instead of drawing them, but anyway the converter above (or parsing code) will be useful as input data for such a solution in the customer.

This is all in all an interesting challenge for the future and who knows, maybe someday it will be automated.

I'm very glad to find my code was inspiration to someone. This is great work.

There is a small problem. In very old .recs, some packets are stored fragmented, and they would break your code.

Last edited:
Back