• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia will exist in 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naod123456

Wazzaap
Reaction score
How many here think that tibia will exist in 2017 its 2014 now soon 2015 :/

Remember that Cipsoft will try to mimic others to gain money, they added stages(ots etc), mounts(wow) and alot more that I can't think of atm..
One day there will be the ability to buy premium+ that will include an integrated bot with the client..

Remember that Cipsoft will try to mimic others to gain money, they added stages(ots etc), mounts(wow) and alot more that I can't think of atm..
One day there will be the ability to buy premium+ that will include an integrated bot with the client..

Mounts is already a general idea, it's not something that can be "copied" from other things. Humans have been mounting animals for thousands of years. Tibia had the experience system before WoW, does that mean WoW copied off Tibia? No. You cannot copy these ideas, they are just great ideas, and with great ideas, you'll get happy people, and with happy people, you'll get income. It's really not that complicating.

You seem to blame CipSoft, a company, for trying to make money. Let's not forget, the game is FREE to play and has a premium subscription model, this is commonly called "freemium". Technically, you're not a company if you do not make any money. If you don't have money, you can't hire anyone to work for you. If you don't have anyone to work for you, then you don't have a game. CipSoft is doing what ANY other gaming company would do. Offer cooler things for a price, and you're not forced to pay for it.

CipSoft will not have a bot integrated into the client, CipSoft will not make it possible to purchase gold or items. I don't know why people think CipSoft is THAT stupid. Think outside the box and think about what they're actually doing, and when I say "think", I mean thing REALISTICALLY. CipSoft is a company and they have one goal, to not fail.

On topic to the thread, yes, Tibia will be around in 2017. They have a new client coming out, they have been greenlit to distribute their game on Steam, they have plans of completely redoing vocations in 2015, the future is bright and sound.

btw note that WoW "copied" a lot of things from Tibia since 2 employees left Tibia to work for blizzard a while before the release of WoW.

Mounts is already a general idea, it's not something that can be "copied" from other things. Humans have been mounting animals for thousands of years. Tibia had the experience system before WoW, does that mean WoW copied off Tibia? No. You cannot copy these ideas, they are just great ideas, and with great ideas, you'll get happy people, and with happy people, you'll get income. It's really not that complicating.

You seem to blame CipSoft, a company, for trying to make money. Let's not forget, the game is FREE to play and has a premium subscription model, this is commonly called "freemium". Technically, you're not a company if you do not make any money. If you don't have money, you can't hire anyone to work for you. If you don't have anyone to work for you, then you don't have a game. CipSoft is doing what ANY other gaming company would do. Offer cooler things for a price, and you're not forced to pay for it.

CipSoft will not have a bot integrated into the client, CipSoft will not make it possible to purchase gold or items. I don't know why people think CipSoft is THAT stupid. Think outside the box and think about what they're actually doing, and when I say "think", I mean thing REALISTICALLY. CipSoft is a company and they have one goal, to not fail.

On topic to the thread, yes, Tibia will be around in 2017. They have a new client coming out, they have been greenlit to distribute their game on Steam, they have plans of completely redoing vocations in 2015, the future is bright and sound.

Lool, that was my opionion. I don't think Tibia will survive just due to they got the greenlight from steam. The biggest problem with Tibia is bots. If they need money(as they do) they will add a buyable option for bots to get the money from xenobot and all the other bots.
And if you think about it, how many programmers do they have? Lets say 20, are those 20 so retarded they can't keep bots away? No... They keep bot support to get more money. If they remove bot support the player count would go down to 3k for all servers...
Cipsoft needs all the money they can, why would they otherwise merge servers?
They are trying to mimic others you can't say no to that. Aurora/Aurera 2x (ots) and fine Mounts aren't owned by WoW, but the latest one looks pretty much like they copied the spirits from WoW.

So no they won't be around in 2017 unless they do something major, like completely removing bot support or allowing bot support and sell it them self(like CandyBot for OTC).

And where do I blame Cipsoft for trying to make money? Ofc they can put out offers to gain more, but if you ask me they are just trying to scam the players till they die out.

how u know? source pls

Well it's info from back in the days when I still played real tibia got it from a couple gamemasters who I had befriended. One of them was friends in real with one of the guys who went to work for Blizzard.
But they also got a couple employees from Runescape. Blizzard was actively headhunting for people who worked at decent RPG's to improve their producting of WoW.

they both level up and have guilds but that's where the similarities end

It is not about the direct visible similarities, it's more about the global knowledge of RPG's and what costumers expect etc. Plus if you compare the both games decently at the date of release of WoW, you'll find alot more then just guilds and lvls.

Question....where in the world did you hear about a plan to redo vocations?

As far as I know it's not redoing the vocations it's just re-balancing but they have been doing attempts at this for years so not sure if it will make that great of a success this time.

Question....where in the world did you hear about a plan to redo vocations?

I should have made it clearer, like Exoltes has said. They are re-balancing the vocations. This has been talked about a couple times. Craban mentioned it on Twitter and it was also mentioned in an interview he was in.

Lool, that was my opionion. I don't think Tibia will survive just due to they got the greenlight from steam. The biggest problem with Tibia is bots. If they need money(as they do) they will add a buyable option for bots to get the money from xenobot and all the other bots.
And if you think about it, how many programmers do they have? Lets say 20, are those 20 so retarded they can't keep bots away? No... They keep bot support to get more money. If they remove bot support the player count would go down to 3k for all servers...
Cipsoft needs all the money they can, why would they otherwise merge servers?
They are trying to mimic others you can't say no to that. Aurora/Aurera 2x (ots) and fine Mounts aren't owned by WoW, but the latest one looks pretty much like they copied the spirits from WoW.

So no they won't be around in 2017 unless they do something major, like completely removing bot support or allowing bot support and sell it them self(like CandyBot for OTC).

And where do I blame Cipsoft for trying to make money? Ofc they can put out offers to gain more, but if you ask me they are just trying to scam the players till they die out.

I didn't say they would survive entirely with Steam, but to not say it being a factor is absurd. Indeed, the biggest problem is bots, indeed. CipSoft is very well aware that it is indeed a big problem. Botters are being deleted every day and they keep coming back. Every game has bots, it's not such an easy thing to eliminate. If you're a programmer that knows how to stop botters at any given instant, please apply to CipSoft, or better yet, apply to a major security firm because if you can stop people from exploiting your services instantly and forever, then employers would be on their knees begging you to work for them. As I mentioned before, it's not an easy task; so the programmers are not retarded. "If they remove bots player count would go down to 3k bla bla bla" I don't buy this bullshit, it's a completely absurd assumption, I'm not even gonna argue. Again, how is doubling experience rates "copying" from OT? I actually question your awareness of other MMORPGs. You act like OT invented "double experience", again, please don't be absurd. I'm done arguing with you, you have put literally no thought into your arguments.

As I mentioned before, it's not an easy task; so the programmers are not retarded.

I personally believe their tool can detect almost everyone that uses a bot.
Do you think they could continue to be a growing business if they axed all the botters at once and every new one that emerged after them?

Red

There are ots that seem to be having no problem getting people to implement an anti-bot system in the client (mainly people from tpforums). Idk why cip is having such a hard time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back