• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia will exist in 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tibia is a timeless game...
The game concept itself is awesome, you can make many friends, do a lot of stuff!
How many loved it when was a child or teenager, and still hope the bots stops?

The idea of making retro OTs it is just a proof that the game will persist like... forever!

There are ots that seem to be having no problem getting people to implement an anti-bot system in the client (mainly people from tpforums). Idk why cip is having such a hard time.

Because a lot more players play tibia and many masterminds are motivated by money to bypass all kinds of anti-bot settings.

Well Tibia will end the moment the costs become to high in comparison to the total sales.

If tibia closes down, the OT Community will explode. Therefor I believe it will continue living.

There are ots that seem to be having no problem getting people to implement an anti-bot system in the client (mainly people from tpforums). Idk why cip is having such a hard time.

It is not really that hard to understand, is it? A OT has a player base of 200 players, real tibia has more than 20k.
Therefore there are more players who could possibly develop a bot, more players who could possibly pay for it.
OTs are not implementing a bot protection, they are just making popular bots not work anymore. As bots are not open source you cannot adjust them to the changes a OTS owner did.
If Cipsoft would just change the packets / addresses (which they basically do every update, atleast addresses) then the bot update by popular bot developers would come out within a day.
Developing a whole new bot is not worth it in the most cases (for players) and bot developers are not interested in adjusting their bot and maintaining compatibility for only one OTS.

Tibia has bright future and the game is now heading in the right direction - it's doing "good" updates.
Indeed they are made some bad updates as well, but quite few actually.

Even tho the player amount has slightly dropped for the few last years, CipSoft has been employing more staff,
which means that they are doing better and better as a company(more income) - also it means that we are getting better updates more frequently.
GrowthGraph2012.jpg

With all their new updates to make more money -
I am pretty sure that if they release new chart again their turnover is over 1000k

In just 2.5 years sounds quite ridiculous to me.
Tibia is a game that has existed for soon 20 years, will likely be popular for least the next 10 years to come.

Another question would be, will Tibia be sold before 2017?
That's more likely, though extremely unlikely.

It is not really that hard to understand, is it? A OT has a player base of 200 players, real tibia has more than 20k.
Therefore there are more players who could possibly develop a bot, more players who could possibly pay for it.
OTs are not implementing a bot protection, they are just making popular bots not work anymore. As bots are not open source you cannot adjust them to the changes a OTS owner did.
If Cipsoft would just change the packets / addresses (which they basically do every update, atleast addresses) then the bot update by popular bot developers would come out within a day.
Developing a whole new bot is not worth it in the most cases (for players) and bot developers are not interested in adjusting their bot and maintaining compatibility for only one OTS.
Even though you tried to prove a point you couldn't be anymore wrong. You say and OT has a player base of 200 and RL tibia 20k but in general some of the most active world only have 400-500 online at a time. Shadowcores is an exception because they managed to pull more players then ANY RL tibia world.(excluding the newly added Hydera). There are more people that play OT's then there is playing all of Cipsofts worlds combine, hence more people to buy bots lmao

Even though you tried to prove a point you couldn't be anymore wrong. You say and OT has a player base of 200 and RL tibia 20k but in general some of the most active world only have 400-500 online at a time. Shadowcores is an exception because they managed to pull more players then ANY RL tibia world.(excluding the newly added Hydera). There are more people that play OT's then there is playing all of Cipsofts worlds combine, hence more people to buy bots lmao

The point, you missed it.
It does not matter how many players all OTS have combined, OTS do not have a special "bot protection" in general.
Shadowcores did not implement any measures against bots besides mabye ingame management.
If there is a server which uses an anti bot client it will probably have around 200-400 players at max using this special kind of protection.
Real tibia still has more than 20k on all servers combined, the amount on a single server does not matter for this discussion at all, what matters is the amount of users of a certain client.

Omg tibia will probaly end in about some years look at the graphic and tibia just loosing players I remeber when I play´d rl tibia it was people everywhere without bot now its about 10-25 people in the city example thais, what happend to the good old days now you can´t even attack people in party what the hell is tibia turning in to just stop play tibia you just waste you´re time Tibia, ot server, otland won´t exist in 2017 that´s it...

Omg tibia will probaly end in about some years look at the graphic and tibia just loosing players I remeber when I play´d rl tibia it was people everywhere without bot now its about 10-25 people in the city example thais, what happend to the good old days now you can´t even attack people in party what the hell is tibia turning in to just stop play tibia you just waste you´re time Tibia, ot server, otland won´t exist in 2017 that´s it...

You could not have been more wrong! :)

Soon tibia will be able to survive on nostalgics, the fact that they have bad graphics allows them to fix certain game-plan which other more design focused games can't. And for the OT Community it will last even longer then Cipsoft itself since a lot of people are just making OT's for fun and not for money.

I`m not sure if people noticed what runescape did. offert the oldschool server that attracted many people. I think when chip realises dayum dude no players no monez they will throw in some 7.6 servers and let nostalgia be huge, hypedtrain incoming and new players. nearly no way for chip to die out til 2017 as long as our generation is alive and remembers this game.

Kids nowadays seem to miss the fact that it is a company, I do however agree that CIP should stop the botting once and for all. We also have to accept the new generation that Don't wanna fight for anything, they want everything easy and at the second, otherwise it all sucks. The challange is to satisfie that generation with a better game then CoD and nowadays botting games aka new tibia.

How can it be bad for a company to try and earn mony? If you don't like it, don't play and they will have to change it or put down the game. Interaction is also a strange word for the new generation, that is what the merging game worlds is all about.

The people who ruin tibia are the whiners and the people who bot, in other words, the whiners are hating themselves for botting. I feel sad for them that they wont be experience what we, oldschools, have experienced.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Real tibia is actually really good, but nobody plays it and is just complaining about the route Cipsoft is going.
I just hope they would find a way to be more effective about botters without cutting themselves though.

If you wanna play 7.4 / 7.6 / 8.0 then you should not go to Cipsoft and expect their game to be like that, they won't move back.
Real map servers are focused on pk aspects and wars anyway which substitues for any kind of RPG feature which these kinds of OTS often lack / don't require.

ps everyone is talking about back to 7.6 but 7.1 was way better :D

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” - Albert Einstein

We can play Tibia IRL then!

there wont be a WW4 belive me if everyone pushs the button of there atombombs its over

Best tibia rl times was tibia 8.6, now you can´t even attack sombody in you´re party....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back