• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibiantis - reversed old Tibia project - discussion thread

Lmao we should have access to these metastruct mechanisms in case we wanna use it in our projects too. Looking forward to launch ;)

Everyone has access to it. Just download Cip server, decompile, and try to get some sense out of it. :)

@topic
In other forum someone has asked about pathfinding, or to be more precise: how monsters behave when you kite them around 1 non-walkable square. Because typical ots monsters can be fooled easily to walk on just two squares (forth and back), but that's not how it was in Tibia - he said.
Indeed, it wasn't. I was asked to make a gif, so posting it here as well.

This is ots monsters behavior (tfs):

mWqG4xs.gif

This is Tibiantis / authentic Tibia AI. The above sequence will not work, monster will keep walking around and eventually turn back and hit you:

O5dewHb.gif

Basicly, ots monsters calculate the shortest path all the time, while Tibia monsters have a kind of 'queue' to do, which often makes their moves less predictable.
Ofc it's still possible to kite them without getting hit (depending on speed), but not by only two moves. You can make it turn back on 3-4 squares, or try to walk all around.
That's one of the AI differences. :)

Last edited:
I'm so excited.. Yay! Need a developer or generally somebody to test your stuff for a reward? Haha :D

• When closing a door with someone standing on it, the player should always get sent to the front (never to the sides or to the back, even if there's something in the way)

The thing is in Cip 7.7 server you may be pushed both ways, depending on whether there are any obstacles. The 'front' side is prioriotized, so if no obstacles at all, or both sides having an equal blockade, you will be pushed to the front. In other case you may be pushed to the back as well.
Unless it's an m-wall or wild growth tree, cause then, well, this happens...

3q7acNd.png

dzyna7Z.png

Pictures taken on Cip server. Not a big issue with standing on doors, but m-wall cannot be destroyed at all.

Now, the question is whether the whole mechanism was any different in 7.4. I believe it could.
I remember somewhere around 7.55 patch there was a bug that pushed people to the side, on the wall, which even resulted in possible items theft from certain houses. Some screenshots on the internet may still be found:

Q5BGKIM.png

jlTqNIf.png

(pictures found on photobucket of "Rhaziel_Bruth")

Cipsoft fixed it the same day, so of course this bug doesn't appear in 7.7 server anymore. However maybe it means that was the time when they actually were changing doors-behavior. We can notice that one mino statue and assume this was the cause. Maybe the newly-implemented mechanism had a little mistake in the code.
But it could have also been caused by something else. Around that time they also announced house walls replacement:

Anyway, if we can find atleast one recording to confirm you were always pushed to the front in 7.4, we will fix it (but what to do with m-wall?). Personally, I think you're right @Astrax but not 100% sure yet.

Another thing is this table-passthrough. It works just as doors, but in ots you'd actually end up standing on top, it doesn't push characters.

LNRteS4.gif

So which way is correct as for 7.4?

Last edited:
Looks like a nice project you guys have going on here.
It certainly looks promising, and it's great that you are putting so much effort into making it as authentic as you can.

From my own subjective opinion, Kay is one stubborn person in many ways to say the least. That's exactly why I also think this project is one to follow if you're a fan of old school gameplay.

Good luck!

The thing is in Cip 7.7 server you may be pushed both ways, depending on whether there are any obstacles. The 'front' side is prioriotized, so if no obstacles at all, or both sides having an equal blockade, you will be pushed to the front. In other case you may be pushed to the back as well.
Unless it's an m-wall or wild growth tree, cause then, well, this happens...

3q7acNd.png

dzyna7Z.png

Pictures taken on Cip server. Not a big issue with standing on doors, but m-wall cannot be destroyed at all.

Now, the question is whether the whole mechanism was any different in 7.4. I believe it could.
I remember somewhere around 7.55 patch there was a bug that pushed people to the side, on the wall, which even resulted in possible items theft from certain houses. Some screenshots on the internet may still be found:

Q5BGKIM.png

jlTqNIf.png

(pictures found on photobucket of "Rhaziel_Bruth")

Cipsoft fixed it the same day, so of course this bug doesn't appear in 7.7 server anymore. However maybe it means that was the time when they actually were changing doors-behavior. We can notice that one mino statue and assume this was the cause. Maybe the newly-implemented mechanism had a little mistake in the code.
But it could have also been caused by something else. Around that time they also announced house walls replacement:

Anyway, if we can find atleast one recording to confirm you were always pushed to the front in 7.4, we will fix it (but what to do with m-wall?). Personally, I think you're right @Astrax but not 100% sure yet.

Another thing is this table-passthrough. It works just as doors, but in ots you'd actually end up standing on top, it doesn't push characters.

LNRteS4.gif

So which way is correct as for 7.4?

I'm 95% sure of it. It was changed either on 7.5 or 7.55 as a way to prevent "abuse" by placing a firefield in front of a door, and trying to kill players by repeatedly opening and closing it (it was mostly useless as you could just place a through or other "hard" unmovable item the other way and you would still get sent to the front). And yeah, I remember that house bug in 7.55, it was hilarious haha, must've been related to this.

Gonna try looking in my archives for an old tibicam of someone doing it, will post back.

EDIT: Talking about fields, another thing which got changed in either 7.5 to 7.55 is that fields used to do full damage to players when aimed directly at them (I.e. firefield did 20 damage initially and energy field 30, as opposed to 10 and 15, respectively).

Last edited:
I'm 95% sure of it. It was changed either on 7.5 or 7.55 as a way to prevent "abuse" by placing a firefield in front of a door, and trying to kill players by repeatedly opening and closing it (it was mostly useless as you could just place a through or other "hard" unmovable item the other way and you would still get sent to the front). And yeah, I remember that house bug in 7.55, it was hilarious haha, must've been related to this.

Gonna try looking in my archives for an old tibicam of someone doing it, will post back.

I'm also thinking it was changed in 7.55 and the new behavior was initially bugged which resulted in that house bug. But still, 95% doesn't equal 100%.
And the problem with your reasoning is that in 7.7 when you place fire field in front, doors will still push you on it, with no additional blockades on the other side, it was checked. Only unpassable objects count, and fire field is considered passable in this case.
It would be nice if you have a proper .rec on hand and could send us. Might save us some time :)

By the way, 7.55 patch news mentioned changes in roping mechanism, so that the stuff you rope up would appear on the square you're standing on. But it actually never came true, or if it did - it must have been for a short time and then reversed. In 7.7 there's still traditional roping - things always apear south of the hole.

I'm so excited.. Yay! Need a developer or generally somebody to test your stuff for a reward? Haha :D

Once we open a test server you'll have an opportunity to test anything yourself :)

announce date in advertisement please

Date is not set yet, we are planning to start during Christmas-New Year's eve time. Working on it, but still a way to go.
Before we also want to open a test server for everyone to check, as mentioned above.

Last edited:
my last post is I hope u give us option to exp share. Would be a nice little thing to have on x1 with no tasks. I think thats one thing majority can agree on.

Also is the new custom content going to be in ankrahmun? because it would be a bit empty with just dragon caves and scarab holes.

EDIT: Talking about fields, another thing which got changed in either 7.5 to 7.55 is that fields used to do full damage to players when aimed directly at them (I.e. firefield did 20 damage initially and energy field 30, as opposed to 10 and 15, respectively).

That's correct. Some time ago I re-discovered this difference when I was investigating pzlock on placing a field. I was surprised by the fact on cip server you get pzlock (so that you can't enter pz) instantly by using field/bomb rune, even when you actually don't deal damage to anyone. While trying to confirm this it then turned out at 7.4 fields still dealt 100% damage. It's half damage since 7.5 update. Previously I thought it was changed earlier.
Whether it should give pzlock remains unclear tho.

Also is the new custom content going to be in ankrahmun? because it would be a bit empty with just dragon caves and scarab holes.

Yes, it is mostly placed on the terrains left by ankrahmun. It's not going to be empty.

Last edited:
I remember the patch where they changed the rope behaviour to prevent monster stack traps, everything you ropped would go to your sqm, but they reverted it, I dont remember the reason, I think it broke some quests or some bug happened in pvp

What's going to be kept in Ankrahmun area?

I love this server! can you atleast promise us that it has good DDOS protection? cuz people like to ping newly created servers these days so they can clone items etc and because of that people quit instantly and server dies

no ddos, bugs, cloned shits + authentic 1x server + custom changes that make the gameplay interesting at every stage + good advertisement = epic succes

Back