• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibiantis - reversed old Tibia project - discussion thread

I love this server! can you atleast promise us that it has good DDOS protection? cuz people like to ping newly created servers these days so they can clone items etc and because of that people quit instantly and server dies

of course they have they are not idiots like retrocores owner

You can't do much against DDOS attacks, you can only mitigate it by having bigger and faster WAN links (like 10Gg), thats why DDOS is so effective and everyone, even real live MMOs like Tibia and WOW struggle with DDOS Attacks.

The best thing for it is a link with high upload speed.
1574851315736.png

It really depends on your hosting provider, and if they support DDOS mitigation. Usually it's very expensive, and still not very effective.

You can't do much against DDOS attacks, you can only mitigate it by having bigger and faster WAN links (like 10Gg)
Well, this is not fully true, and at this point I even wonder if it's partly true. What you are saying is not DDoS protection, but rather - DDoS allowance. And on top of that, you are talking about bandwidth attack, which is just one of a types of DDoS.
There are, obviously, ways to protect yourself from DDoS attack - but those require real-time decision-making and cannot fully rely on prepared in advance tools. It's like a real-time medieval combat rather - whenever you see attack coming, block it. But it's always attacker who has upper hand.

I love this server! can you atleast promise us that it has good DDOS protection? cuz people like to ping newly created servers these days so they can clone items etc and because of that people quit instantly and server dies

Items don't get cloned through DDoS attack. In short words clonning may happen when for some reason the server wasn't able to save everything properly and data was desynchronized. Especially when it tries to save things 'live', as data may still change during the process (not a good idea if you ask me).
Whenever the full save fails everything should be returned to the state of previous successful save to ensure there's no data corruption. That's how Cip handled it, that's also what Medivia does as far as I know. The other servers seem to not care or they don't want any complaints about rollbacks so they choose to let clonning happen and then convince people they can track and delete all cloned items (which is obviously a lie).
We will do it Cip-wise, so there's simply no way one could clone items in Tibiantis in case of server crash (which we of course do not expect, but always various random accidents may happen, e.g. hosting machine breaking down).
And as for DDoS we are aware of the problem and will do our best to grant a good protection that will minimize the effect of possible attacks.

Last edited:
Well, this is not fully true, and at this point I even wonder if it's partly true. What you are saying is not DDoS protection, but rather - DDoS allowance. And on top of that, you are talking about bandwidth attack, which is just one of a types of DDoS.
There are, obviously, ways to protect yourself from DDoS attack - but those require real-time decision-making and cannot fully rely on prepared in advance tools. It's like a real-time medieval combat rather - whenever you see attack coming, block it. But it's always attacker who has upper hand.

I'm not saying you can't, just that mitigation is the best thing you can do.

you are talking about bandwidth attack
Most DDOS attacks are flood attacks, as they're the most effective.

whenever you see attack coming, block it.
This doesn't always help. You can block things at a firewall level, but that doesn't stop packets that come knocking at the door and flooding your link.

Think of your server like your house. You can shut the door, that that doesn't stop millions of packets (people) from coming and knocking on your door, blocking the path for REAL visitors.

I just mean people really shouldn't just bad mouth victims of DDOS attacks as being inept, because at the end of that day, you can't prevent them and mitigation is often difficult and/or expensive, and not really something you can protect against 100%.

Not claiming to know everything, but I've been hosting game servers for about 10 years, I work in IT as a IAAS and Internet service provider and DOS attack is a common issue.

Last edited:
I just remembered another thing that is usually wrong in even the most 'refined' OTs like Medivia / Tibianic back in the day: shield breaking

Don't know how to explain, but on your average OT, a trap like these ones don't work:

If u mean engine and custom map - better ;-)
Doubt it. Especially engine. many hosters said this and at the end they are not even close. So we'll see at the opening. Not gonna play tho. Too much grinding on a 1x like this xd

@Astrax
Why wouldn't these traps work, do you say?
I mean, when it comes to combat mechanics in general, ot servers have many things wrong usually. Starting from incorrect formulas, then going to delays (usually not present, which can be abused) and ending with wrong exhaust system. There are also some other basics, like damage reduction (from amulets and rings) or defense while wielding a bow/crossbow and such that don't work correctly.
I could frankly provide dozens of dozens of examples for this topic after having played various ot servers for years.
Not sure what exactly you mean with this one tho.

Doubt it. Especially engine. many hosters said this and at the end they are not even close. So we'll see at the opening. Not gonna play tho. Too much grinding on a 1x like this xd

Not even close to what? You mean Tibianic? It sure was stable and all, but the engine itself was nothing like real Tibia 7.4, that's the deal. Not to look far, I can tell you that pretty much all these combat-related things listed above were wrong in Tibianic. And that's only a lil part.
It may look like bragging to you, but it's not. The map and content are sure questionable, but in term of accordance Tibiantis engine is already way better than Tibianic ever was. Since for the most part Tibiantis uses the same algorithms as Cipsoft server did.

Last edited:

I was very active in Tibia between 7.0 and 7.5 and I remember the mechanics very well, I've had a long chat with the hosts to try to see if something is missing and they seem to have everything right, this server is the real deal.

Last edited:
What about dmg?

I always seen on Otservers dmg knight and paladins its too higher, and i think they have to higher chance to hit. I remember old tibia dmg is annoying, one time hit is 5 hitpoitns, second time 100 hitpoints, and chance to hit is not that higher than ots.

@kay

Can you please make a gyazo for me, where you can show me how a warlock behaves overall? Because i've watched some cams ranging from tibia 7.1 to tibia 7.4 that were easily found on youtube and warlocks on those videos have nothing in common with warlocks shown on the gyazo on your thread, the part that interests me is their movement specifically. Could you please provide that?

@kay

Can you please make a gyazo for me, where you can show me how a warlock behaves overall? Because i've watched some cams ranging from tibia 7.1 to tibia 7.4 that were easily found on youtube and warlocks on those videos have nothing in common with warlocks shown on the gyazo on your thread, the part that interests me is their movement specifically. Could you please provide that?

Sure, but tell me what exactly you'd want to see, what kind of situation.
And what do you say is different? I guess you mean that moving forth and back? If that's what bothers you, you need to know how "ThrowPossible" is calculated in Tibia. Let's assume the yellow square is an obstacle that blocks shooting. "P" stand for players (or creatures in general).
The green arrow indicates shooting in that line is possible, red - not possible.

AOXEUrL.png

As you can see it is not symetric.
So when we speak about warlocks, those two examples shown below are two different situations.

88ReT69.png

PrGStdj.png

Although in both cases it presents a move of a knight (horse) in chess game.
In the first one warlock cannot shoot from that spot, so it will come closer and then back. Back in the days I even used that to make warlock constantly step on a trap so it would receive damage and become visible again.
In the second example, which was the most common place to lure warlocks to (in these old cams), it will not work, because warlock is able to shoot on you while standing in the corner.

In most ot servers it would stand still in the corner in any case, because either the function that checks shooting line or the AI is bugged (most likely both).

Those pictures show the actual line of shot, blockade on any of those squares, that arrow goes through (and only those), would stop you from shooting on the e-field spot.

uBR4qPX.png

ylcNG3X.png

Ofc it doesn't apply to shooting only, but placing m-walls, throwing stuff, even area spells such as UE, etc.

TOMHrNO.png

Hope that clarifies a bit :)

Last edited:
full old 7.4 without ankrahmun BECAUSE TOMB ARE 2OP XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

"our own experience too " owner typical rpg player who got punch on tomb from teams.

I couldn't shrink from checking your other posts to see what kind of great pvp player I am dealing with and... well, I wanted to say something but no 😂😂 just no 😂

ye gj,go check my old posts
nice server,1x without tombs so if you wanna exp sorcerer / druid so you need exp probably dragons/guards with demon skeleton to the end of your career on the server GL

Lack of tombs doesn't mean there's nothing in the place instead. Anyway, if you can't imagine any ways of hunting other than that, you obviously didn't play back in the days. I'm not here to teach you how to play the game, but let me mention tombs were just newly added in 7.4, and somehow people managed to reach 200 levels as mages that time.
The thing is it was once a vocation for people who actually knew what they were doing. Hard to play, but extremly powerful. While nowadays even unexperienced ot players, such as you, can exp it up by only repeating one pattern (which is often the only one they know) and then play big (as you try to do here). As a result todays servers usually have too many high level mages coming out of nowhere and then they tend to apply 'fixes' like UE nerf or boosted damage for other professions, once they start to realize how unbalanced it has become.
You may not be aware, but by your attitude you are just proving our point here.

"While nowadays even unexperienced ot players, such as you, can exp it up by only repeating one pattern "

you could have been a little gentler to him and not just explained him like the little bitch he is

Back