• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibiantis - reversed old Tibia project - discussion thread

Thanks everyone for your patience :) A bit late, but test server is about to come. We'd like to hear opinions on what you'd expect from it. What rates, what you would want to test and how we should service that. Test server is mostly for players, as requested. Originally we didn't have a public one in plans, but thought it was indeed a good idea to let everyone test and verify our work before the actual start. So please, share your thoughts. :)
A few things to note though:
  • It is not meant to be a 'high rate edition' or anything in this kind. It is stricte TEST server only. The main purpose is to let people try the authenticity of Tibiantis server mechanics before its start. Hence you should not expect test server to be balanced and highly populated with typical rat race, wars etc. It's supposed to be convenient for testing, not playing. All characters will be wiped out after.
  • Test server will start as a clean copy of real Tibia 7.4, which is not what actual Tibiantis will exactly look like. Some custom changes in mechanics may be applied during test server, but we want to give an opportunity to review the original first. Any custom content (such as new creatures, map changes, quests etc.) will NOT be included in test server at all, to keep it fair for everyone on the start of Tibiantis. So you do not have to worry, no secret knowledge will be revealed.
  • Anything that's not in accordance to real 7.4 can be reported as a bug (unless already announced - in case of own changes).
  • On test server everyone will be given premium account.
  • Rates for test server can be discussed, except for loot rate which will remain x1. Loot is considered a part of mechanics and shouldn't be changed to allow testing its correctness. To let people afford testing whatever they want, we might put an NPC providing gold instead (for example). But that's also to be discussed.

Please, keep in mind that any time we ask for opinions it doesn't mean 'voting'. Therefore it's not numbers that matter but the actual reasoning.

Test server will be open in just a few days. We might first let supporters only (for a day or two) in order to do some connections tests and take pictures for the upcoming promoting movie. Then it will be open for everyone.

Anything that's not in accordance to real 7.4 can be reported as a bug
Most people probably don't even know the actual 7.4 mechanics and thus won't know if something is intended or not. So I believe you should first provide information about all formulae, monster behaviour, stats, prices, and so on.

Start on lvl 40+ with normal skills/mlvl/xx runes in depot/eq , then after 1 week make everyone lvl 110+ to test higher lvls.
Dont think anyone gonna come on test server if i will have to exp from lvl 1

ooooooh i would forget, give some reward for players that gonna come and test the server which is helping the administration and server in growing and being better. Idk, some custom item with the name of player written on and special thanks or just free days of pacc on start of server.

ooooooh i would forget, give some reward for players that gonna come and test the server which is helping the administration and server in growing and being better. Idk, some custom item with the name of player written on and special thanks or just free days of pacc on start of server.

Do this for players who actually found some serious bug and not just play beta to play beta.

Most people probably don't even know the actual 7.4 mechanics and thus won't know if something is intended or not. So I believe you should first provide information about all formulae, monster behaviour, stats, prices, and so on.

You'd probably end up writing a book if you wanted to explain everything like that, and then nobody would read it anyway. Not everyone is even familiar with the information this thread already contains.
I think it's easier for both sides to let people share their doubts and keep explaining on regular basis in case they are wrong.

just add something like account with password 1/1 and lvl 100 sorc/druid/knight/paladin
to choose with runes and infinite ammo and ppl will do w/e they want on test server. Some will test pvp some will test pve deepends what they are looking for

If I were organising a test server for testing and data collection purposes, I'd probably do it something like this:

DAYEXPSKILLSMAGICREGENLOOTASSISTREWARD
11x1x1x1x1xNO+2 DAYS PACC IF LEVEL => 8
25x5x5x1x1xNO+2 DAYS PACC IF LEVEL => 20
310x10x10x1x1xNO+2 DAYS PACC IF LEVEL => 40
BONUS: +1 DAY PACC IF VOC SORC/DRUID
425x25x25x1x1xFREE GOLD & RUNES+1 DAY PACC FOR PARTICIPATING
550x50x50x1x1xFREE GOLD & RUNES+1 DAY PACC FOR PARTICIPATING

Naturally the rewards would only apply once per account.

Days 1-3 are primarily for the hardcore oldschool purists to test, verify & approve. A total of 7 days PACC up for grabs per account that meets the criteria at server save of that day.
Days 4 & 5 are primarily for the general community to have a quick play and acquaint themselves with the game-play. A total of 2 days PACC up for grabs for any account that logs into the game during these two days.

If I were organising a test server for testing and data collection purposes, I'd probably do it something like this:

Days 1-3 are primarily for the hardcore oldschool purists to test, verify & approve. A total of 7 days PACC up for grabs per account that meets the criteria at server save of that day.
Days 4 & 5 are primarily for the general community to have a quick play and acquaint themselves with the game-play. A total of 2 days PACC up for grabs for any account that logs into the game during these two days.

If you think anyone gonna spent time with low rate at TEST Server then ur mad i would rather not test at all.
Your maddnes level just wow. 1x exp skills :D spent 4hours on rookgard boyz to test if oracle is fine :D no ty

I can enjoy even 0.5 rate but when real game come out not gonna waste time for low rate testing

But just do exp x10 loot x1 magic x6 skill x8 with welfare npc that gives u gold/items u ask him for in every temple and thats it

spent 4hours on rookgard boyz to test if oracle is fine :D no ty
Pretty safe to assume Oracle works fine I'd think :p
Maybe you're right though and nobody would bother to test at 1x - but if there is specific data the developers would like to collect during such a time, then they would just have to tweak the reward until enough people would find it 'worth' participating in.

I would test but just if the rates are high, otherwise no thanks, do you remember that on real tibia they used to put a npc that gives you level and money, you should do the same, if you open a test server with those low rates no one is gonna test.
As you I'm sure that people check even the minor details, that won't be possible with those low rates or it will take too much time test phases shouldn't last more than a week. Don't be worry by upgrade the rates at least on the beta. Cause ppl will notice the effort you put into the server. And they'll call their friends. After that ofc you can downgrade the rates and ppl will still play. Because of monster AI skill rates etc. I'm not a player anymore but I wanna play this. Because of the details
Post automatically merged:

just add something like account with password 1/1 and lvl 100 sorc/druid/knight/paladin
to choose with runes and infinite ammo and ppl will do w/e they want on test server. Some will test pvp some will test pve deepends what they are looking for
An smart choice, to test from low level quest to hight check spots signs, spawn rates, details as book etc etc, but we should test also if the skills are balanced and they upgrade accordingly to the level rates too , so starting from zero would be an smart solution at least for me..
OBS:

Another feature that I remember from old tibia was that, it was more easy to gain skill on lower levels than on higher ones. For example
It's was so easy to reach skill (just as example) 60/50 on a paladin below level 20 or something like that after that it used to get harder, I'm pretty sure about that function @kay

Last edited:

I really like this idé that it changes each day. perhaps people that enjoy testing the low creatures etc would start on day 1 and those who just want to test at a high rate would test day 4-5. Also, give free pacc in the start, it's a test server ....

Another feature that I remember from old tibia was that, it was more easy to gain skill on lower levels than on higher ones. For example
It's was so easy to reach skill (just as example) 60/50 on a paladin below level 20 or something like that after that it used to get harder, I'm pretty sure about that function @kay

If I'm not completely mistaken, the character level didn't have any effect on the damage output of a weapon-type attacks. It only effected to magic damage. And back in the days when weapons didn't have level recommendations, basically any knight or paladin could deal the same amount of damage, based on their weapon skill and the weapon in use. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that only the weapon-skill effected to your damage output on weapons.

Knights were quite good to hunt some specific monsters, because of their ability to train their skills fairly high and therefor block the input damage and deal pretty good output damage on a low level. Only thing knights needed the level was to gather capacity and maximum HP to block and/or hunt nasty creatures.

Sorcerers and druids needed magic level AND level to deal the maximum damage. Low leveled UH-maker druid did quite impressive damage with magic level up to 50-60s, but a 100 level mage with the same magic level would deal a lot more.

this idea is good, but I suggest keeping it in flexible terms e.g start with 1x and keep it until youre satisfied with the results, then switch to next stage ?5x exp? where you check how gameplay behaves on mid-levels. Again when youre certain that everything works as intended move to end-game part with adequately raised multipliers. After all the stages being processed successfully you can turn the official server. good luck!

@edit
i was referring to mdwilliams post

If not completely mistaken, the character level didn't have any effect on the damage output of a weapon-type attacks. It only effected to magic damage. And back in the days when weapons didn't have level recommendations, basically any knight or paladin could deal the same amount of damage, based on their weapon skill and the weapon in use. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that only the weapon-skill effected to your damage output on weapons.

Knights were quite good to hunt some specific monsters, because of their ability to train their skills fairly high and therefor block the input damage and deal pretty good output damage on a low level. Only thing knights needed the level was to gather capacity and maximum HP to block and/or hunt nasty creatures.

Sorcerers and druids needed magic level AND level to deal the maximum damage. Low leveled UH-maker druid did quite impressive damage with magic level up to 50-60s, but a 100 level mage with the same magic level would deal a lot more.
I didn't said that player with higher level got higher damage.
I said that with lower level it was easier to gain skill.

Not true either way
I wouldn't say that, I played since the year 2002 I'm pretty sure pall Knight and mages earned skill/mlvl way easier in the first levels
And this changed after offline training was added, skills had stages per level
You can run the files and test

Back