• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OpenTibia Tidus Spr Editor v1.5

OmfgRegister

Reaction score
Update:
Fixed compiling under 9.6
Added icons
Added folder select to save spr file

The extracting capabilities on mine are much faster than the current spr editors out there that have full extraction.
This is because mine was written using threads and takes advantage of multi-core machines.

Some benchmarks (on my machine) against Troopers, and SprEX this was extracting tibia 7.81 which contains 19,000 sprites
Trooper: ~1 minute
SprEX ~55 seconds
Mine(un named) ~20 seconds

The compiling capabilities on it right now are not multi-threaded and therefore are not as fast as they could be.

The spr editor works like the old one by trooper where it throws everything into a folder, you edit the sprites in the folder, and then hit a compile button

Troopers old one did not work with sprites that were over 16,000 even if the format was < 9.6

Attachments

• Spr Editor Source v1.3.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 291 · VirusTotal
  • Tidus Spr Editor v1.3.zip
    574.5 KB · Views: 379 · VirusTotal
  • Tidus-Editor-v1.5.zip
    574.6 KB · Views: 882 · VirusTotal
Last edited by a moderator:
Approved

I approve this! :D
Good luck :)

Do you have any plans to work on a DAT Editor too?

Omfg try to add more features like a spr editor.. This way it will be so much more useful and then try with the dat editor. I can help tho i suck at coding so maybe i can design its looks of the gui etc :p idk.

just get it compiling and it's good enough as a SPR tool, imo I think its easier to extract/compile sprites and work on the BMP files directly then working directly in a program

maybe, i guess it is more basic and therefore less complicated. :) we just need a dat editor :D

Yea i'l probably add recompiling in the next couple days, As for dat editor, I don't have plans atm We'll see when i'm done with the sprite editor. Scarlet when i want to update this thread can I just pm you with what i want it to contain? or do i have to submit a new thread request?

will it support lower versions such as 9.54, 9.43 9.41 9.31 etc?

Yes, the 9.6 actually isn't tested atm.. although the only difference in formats is an int (4 byte) variable holding the number of sprites in the file, and a short (2 byte) holding teh number of files in the sprites... they didn't actually change their format per say but adjusted it to fit more sprites, (a short can only had ~64,000 sprites, a limit they reached in 9.6)

I've tried using it today and I got an error saying that I have missing DLLs(msvcp110 & msvcr110), I tried finding them online and while I found msvcr110 on dll-files, I couldn't find the other, any advices on how to proceed?

/\
that one is 100, it's asking me for the 110

- - - Updated - - -

and I already tried renaming to cheat it, obviously didnt worked xD

I didn't considered that because I have Microsoft Visual Studio 10 installed as I make programs with it for university classes, so I should have everything from .NET, right?

No you shouldn't. Especially ancient versions like 1.1 could be it, even though 1.1 barely gets used.

Means he either used Microsoft Visual Studio 11 or 12. Doesn't mean .net 1.1 :p

2011/12 doesn't have a distributable atm, you can install the beta or try the 12RC or find the dlls on the interwebs. Use your imagination.

Back