• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OpenTibia Tidus Spr Editor v1.5

I just tried it on 9.60 and extracted all 66560 sprites, Only thing is wish it woul do .png files insted of .bmp files. thay are much smaller. Thanks

You can do .BMP, .GIF, or .PNG with my sprite extractor SprEx. Though, it is slower than this one, and I'm too lazy to make it faster. ;P

Or you just don't know how to make it faster!

Nah, the problem is that I use .NETs bitmap creating function to make saveable bitmaps. If I made my own code to write bitmaps as raw data it would greatly reduce the output time. By half, or more, by my calculations.

Nah, the problem is that I use .NETs bitmap creating function to make saveable bitmaps. If I made my own code to write bitmaps as raw data it would greatly reduce the output time. By half, or more, by my calculations.
You don't understand what exactly his SPR editor does... Not sure if i'm allowed to tell you or not since he made the program closed source (yes, I was helping him do it).

You don't understand what exactly his SPR editor does... Not sure if i'm allowed to tell you or not since he made the program closed source (yes, I was helping him do it).

I was talking about my code. I've been programming for 9 years, I have a pretty good idea how his works. But I'm not saying anything against his program, it's great. It does what it's supposed to, and it's fast. I was merely making a statement about mine. Also, any program written using .NET can be decompiled unless they are obfuscated, so the sources can easily be studied. I have no need to decompile his program, however.

I honestly can't tell you why tibia doesn't accept my 9.6.. or why its larger than rl Tibia mine assumes all 255 0 255 as transparent, that is one of my guesses on why the size is different.
I did try to extract a custom compiled 9.6 and it did extract it fine

Some of you guys are getting crashes, could you tell me what your doing?

And i used .Net because of the Gui and i wanted c++ not because of the managed classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: I've thought about it more after looking at the extracted sprites.. There are a lot of sprites that look identical, if i were to guess tibia is linking several of the same sprites to the same memory

If you want a concrete example: lets say tibia is saying their sprite count is for example 10.. but lets say 3 of those repeats so they only have 7 unique sprites in the tibia.spr.. however in their list it says 10 sprites. then goes on to say where in memory those files are located at: loc[0] = 1000; loc[1] = 2000; loc[2] = 3000; loc[3] = 5000;loc[4] = 8000; loc[5] = 3000; loc[6] = 3000 ;loc[7] = 9000 ;loc[8] = 10000; loc[9] = 11000
As you can see loc[2], loc[5], and loc[6] are all identical memory locations. My spr editor does not look for repeat images to try to save space, it assumes every sprite is unique and if i'm correct, upto 9.6 thats been the case. Transparency issues would only throw the size off my a couple hundred kbs at the worst. Instead of doing sprite repeats in the dat editor like they use to do, I'm pretty sure they are now doing it inside the .spr since they have a limit of 4 million sprites instead of 64k

As for tibia not accepting it, it takes the version number straight off the original file. The only thing i could think of is tibia checks the size of the file or the sprite count

Going to post an update tomorrow. I just multi-threaded my compile function and it now runs on my system in ~28 seconds as opposed to 1:52.. That is roughly 8 times faster, which makes sense because i have 8 cores on my machine (quad core i7 that has intels multi-threading so recognized as 8 hardware threads)

I also found a bug in the compiler or extractor i forget which one (fixed now) where it did not count correctly and left out a sprite every time :(

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: I'm also going to release the sources tomorrow if anyone is interested in taking a look

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: My math is shit x4:).. i found some errors from my refractoring so it might take longer than expected

;/ bugged, i can't extract, when i go extract the spr file i got crash, and i used 9.10 version and 8.60.

Does it make any progress?.. how much ram do you have when you start, and does it give you any error message?

- - - Updated - - -

And can i get a screenshot of the program before you hit extract?

- - - Updated - - -

And are you using a custom compiled .spr? If so from where

Back