• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Transfering created OTS to VPS

biaggio12

Reaction score
Hi, so my question is, if i can create my own server here on my laptop and then just move the files to my VPS ?
I just need to copy files and that's it ? Or is it more complex ?

you just copy the files and switch the config.lua ip address to what your vps ip address is, you shouldn't need to port forward

If your VPS server runs on Linux there are a few more things you need to do like compiling.
The installation of a web server and mysql server is also a bit different than on Windows.

By compiling the server, you create an executable file to run the OT. (Basically the .exe file, but compatible with Linux).
https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/wiki/Compiling

So let's say im creating OT in my WINDOWS PC, it is TFS 1.2, and after i finished, i'd like to move it to my VPS. So i have to move all my custom data, custom scripts and so to my LINUX VPS, and there i have to compile it again right ? Basically i need to switch datapack am i right ?

You do not need to switch data pack, especially if you have the source code or know which version your server is based on. Transfer the source code, compile it on the linux VPS, transfer the data pack.

Linux is case-sensetive so make sure the files are named exactly as specified in all xml files.

Other than that all you need is to transfer the data and compile on linux with the source code.

Back