• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[TUTORIAL] How-To : Manually compile Object Builder on Windows without Flash Builder

Qbazzz

Pół człowiek, pół litra
Solutions
Reaction score
TUTORIAL
How to manually compile Object Builder on Windows

Hello there OTLand!
Due to many years and endless queries and guesswork about "How to Compile Object Builder" because official compiling tutorial on GitHub link is not active anymore, here I come!

In this Tutorial i will show you how-to compile Object Builder using Flash Develop and Air SDK for Flex Developers.
Please read & follow steps in this tutorial carefully!

Requirements (you need to download those files in order to start tutorial and compile Object Builder):
- Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.3.2
[DOWNLOAD]
- Air SDK for Flex Developers for Windows [DOWNLOAD]
- FlashDevelop 5.3.3 [DOWNLOAD]

Steps to compile Object Builder :​

1 ) Run and install Apache-Flex-SDK-Installer-3.3.2-bin (remember that this is only installer so install it whenever you want)
2 ) Run the Installer, choose directory(!) to install SDK files and select Options (SCREEN) :
  • Select Flex version : Apache Flex SDK 4.16.1
  • Select AIR version : AIR 32.0
  • Select Flash Player version : Flash Player 32.0
3 ) When you see "Downloading 2.2 zip from (...)" window (SCREEN) that's mean the SDK it's installed and you can 'Close' installer.
4 ) Download and extract AIRSDK_Flex_Windows to the directory where you installed SDK(!) (previous step)

5 ) Download & Install FlashDevelop 5.3.3 (it's an "overlay / UI" for SDK)
6 ) Now, run Flash Develop, click "Import a Flash Builder project" and choose ".actionScriptProperties" file from Object Builder source. (SCREEN)
7 ) In your Object Builder project (left side of Flash Develop window) you see ObjectBuilder (AS3) click with right mouse button, select: "Properties" (SCREEN)
8 ) Go to the "SDK" Tab then in "Installed SDK(s)" click "Manage.." (SCREEN)
9 ) Now you should see Plugins Window, go to the left panel to "Plugins", choose "AS3Context" and then in "Installed Flex SDKs InstalledSDK[] Array" click "...", now you should see "InstalledSDK Collection Editor" (or something like that, i have polish windows so stfu and go ahead!) (SCREEN)
10 ) Click "Add" in left down corner and then choose path to your installed SDK then click OK, Close. (SCREEN)
11 ) Now select this SDK that u added in previous step as default in "Installed SDK(s)"
12 ) In (SCREEN) Compiler Options (ObjectBuilder (AS3) -> right mouse button -> Properties) in Additional Compiler Options change Tab [1] from
-source-path=../locale/{locale}
to:
-source-path=locale/{locale}

Now it's time to do a little trick edit to remove errors due to lack of Apache ANT software (if someone know how to do it, please post it), but let's go in our way, so..

13 ) Go to your SDK folder : "sdk/frameworks/" and replace in air-config.xml : "{airHome}" (line: 63 and 83) for your SDK directory (example: G:/Apache Flex/sdk)
14 ) Now, go to the ObjectBuilder Source folder and edit : "src/ob/components/SplashScreen.mxml" in line 59 you should replace "../" with path to your ObjectBuilder source folder. (example: "G:/ObjectBuilderSource/")

15 ) Now, go to the ObjectBuilder Source folder and edit : "src/Workers.as" in line 44 you should replace "../" with path to your ObjectBuilder source folder. Same as you done in previous step.
16 ) Now, you need to create folder named: "workerswfs" in main source folder of ObjectBuilder (G:/ObjectBuilderSource/workerswfs)

Now it's time to compile this beast!

17 ) In FlashDevelop in project explorer ObjectBuilder(AS3), right-mouse-click "ObjectBuilderWorker.as" and click "Set Document Class" and click Build Project (F8) (in FlashDevelop you need to do this to compile selected file, because it's not compiling entire project, you need to select what you want to "compile")
18 ) If the build of ObjectBuilderWorker.as is done, you need to move and rename file from: ObjectBuilder/bin/ObjectBuilder.swf to: ObjectBuilder/workerswfs/ObjectBuilderWorker.swf

19 ) In FlashDevelop in project explorer ObjectBuilder(AS3), right-mouse-click "ObjectBuilder.mxml" and click "Set Document Class" and click Build Project (F8)
20 ) Copy ObjectBuilder/src/icon entire folder to ObjectBuilder/bin

21 ) Now move yourself to "ObjectBuilderSource/bat/" and you should see few .bat files.
Let me explain IMPORTANT ones:

CreateCertificate.bat - This one is to generate digital certificate to pack ObjectBuilder installer;
PackageApp.bat - Creates installer of ObjectBuilder in ObjectBuilderSource/air/
RunApp.bat - With this .bat you can directly launch your fresh compiled ObjectBuilder for testing purposes without making installer;

After following all of those 21 steps and had compiled ObjectBuilder and ObjectBuilderWorker,
first you must run CreateCertificate.bat then you can run RunApp.bat for yourself or PackageApp.bat to create installer of compiled ObjectBuilder to share with someone.​

Hope you did it! That's pretty much all. Thanks @Fresh for sub-edit of the tutorial.
If you have any questions / troubles, feel free to post it in this thread.

PS.
In exchange of this tutorial if someone can share Object Builder's Sources with "Frame Groups" to Outfits (Tibia >= 10.57) ready-to-use I will be very glad.
Have a nice day!

As I'm mentioned in this thread as sub-edit creator of this tutorial, I'm confirming that - it's working way to - ObjectBuilder be compiled. We sat together on Discord and done that.
Another way is to use Flash or Flash Builder, but these environments as far as I know are not supported for a long time and will not be supported, so we decided to use these and not other environments.

So.. in our way... 👇
Important Note:
The only thing that is advanced and worth remembering is to build properly ObjectBuilderWorker.as because you can compile ObjectBuilder without this 'worker' trick (see in tutorial).
However if you do that and forget to build and move ObjectBuilderWorker you're f*#$ed up because this 'action script' is responsible for loading/drawing objects after opening Tibia .dat/.spr.

So if you don't follow ALL of those steps to make it work like @Qbazzz said, you will have always blank page after loading .dat/.spr files into compiled ObjectBuilder.
So remember it!

PS.
The official and latest(?) ObjectBuilder Sources (GitHub) are missing important feature for Tibia >= 1057 : "Frame Groups" (Idle/Stand , Walking) in Outfits,
so if someone have sources with Frame Groups feature working, it would be nice if you can share them, the rest is fine after compile.

Last edited:
Can someone explain whats the point of compiling object builder for yourself when you can download .exe

Can someone explain whats the point of compiling object builder for yourself when you can download .exe

Because people want to make further modifications and features in the program (for example, support for newer tibia versions), and you do that by modifying the source code and compiling a new executable with those modifications.

All that to get this outdated crap to compile? We really need new one.
The problem was with libraries of AIR framework that almost every link is not working nowadays.
I heard from somone that there is a faster way with Flash Builder, but as I said in first post after thread author this "framework" is not supported by official creators anymore so u have to find this sh#t by looking at unofficial sites or something.
Important is that : This way works but if someone will find any shorter way to get it works too, feel free to post this method.

Flash Developer 5.3.3 is not downloadable do you know why? Scratch that it does not download with google chrome but with microsoft edge

Last edited:
Does anyone have the 'Apache-Flex-SDK-Installer-3.3.2-bin' working? I can't install it

Bump! Someone already compile Object Builder 0.4.8 with support for 10.98?

Back