• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Tutorial] Storywriting [RP Style]

Mc-Pedro

Banned User
Reaction score
Hello, and welcome, you've found your way to this tutorial in storywriting, one of the 'hard' parts of creating an OT server is the story.
Actually, you don't need to make a genesis to make the story unique.
Making books in libary, hidden houses or just a simple public house will make the player discover the story in-game.

Part I, the books.
The first part of this tutorial, the books of a RPG server is deeply important, simple fact books about creatures, locations will raise the roleplaying feeling.
Hiding clues in books is also very brilliant, writing an interesting text which could be very important.
E.g:

Gods with great power shall rise upon thou clouds.
We pray thou gods, may you bless us with greatness and power.
Thou gods shall rise.
Also you could create a book containing a mysterious language, asking non-playable characters around the world about the language will bring the further what the text actually means.

Note: Always put a title on the books, even if it's in a weird language.
Part II, the NPC's and namegiving.
Remember when creating NPC's, adding more NPC's than only shopkeepers is very important, every NPC should have at least some information about his companions around the city, also to create quests and interesting stories about their life or about other events.
Naming.
First lesson, if you're going to use tibia'ish' names like my good friend Pablol mentioned 'Pytheria', you will need to make them satisfying to say, imagine people will play and use those words daily, you will need to make them satisfying.
Also, do not make them complicated, like when you pronounce them they twist your mouth.
Compare these two names;

Pytheria.
Oceana.

See where I'm taking you?
There isn't much more to add about location namings except for a good luck and remember to use satisfying names.
Now, for naming NPCs, names like Penim, Agale, Helvert, they sound a little creepy, right?
For naming NPCs there isn't much difficulty, use regular names like;

Adam.
Morgan.
Steve.

I could carry on forever, as I've mentioned a couple of times, satisfying names.

Part III, the tale.
This part is about writing the story, or as you can call it, plot.
Remember to explain every part detailed, what is happening, how do the people look like and how the area is looking (building).
E.g:

It was a dark night in june, the sound from the wind flowing through the forrest was terrifying.
Jerry, who had been with me all night, a tall blond boy with a big coat, we've teased him for that alot.
I hope you understand some of it.
Good luck with your storywriting!

Back