• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[UK][7.4] Tibiantis Test Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Website/AAC
https://tibiantis.online
Server Address
tibiantis.online
Server Port
Client Protocol

kay

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
TibiantisOnline
RccQnhl.png

We'd like to invite everyone to our test server that has just started. For those, who don't know what Tibiantis project is: you can read about it here: Tibiantis - reversed old Tibia project - discussion thread (https://otland.net/threads/tibiantis-reversed-old-tibia-project-discussion-thread.267116/)
So long story short, I'll only note what's related stricte to the test server.

Test server is free to play for everyone, all accounts are automatically premium.

Accounts managing and client download are available under: Tibiantis (https://tibiantis.online)
Please, don't mind primitiveness of the current site, as it is still in development, being written from scratch.

Rates on TS are following:
  • exp x10
  • skills x10 (only on Mainland)
  • mlvl x2
  • mana regen x10 (10 mana points added each tick instead of 1, applies only to food regen; rings and mana fluids are x1)
  • health regen x1
  • loot x1

Because loot is not changed for the sake of testing we added a special NPC Tobias, found in Thais depot, which will grant some free cash every 10 levels (the higher level, the more cash). Simply ask him for "cash" or "money".

TS starts with clean 7.4 mechanics, but some of them might be changed during.
TS starts with clean 7.4 map, NPCs, quests and monsters - this will NOT change. No custom content will be revealed on TS, to keep it fair on the start of actual Tibiantis. So yes, Ankrahmun is also present on TS. Keep those two above in mind: TS is not exactly what Tibiantis will look like.
What is the purpose of such TS then? We want to let people verify the overall stability and authenticity of the mechanics. That should also give a good picture for comparison - in case you want to propose any mechanics change for Tibiantis. A few changes will certainly come during TS, but not just yet (on the start). Last but not least, you can simply have some fun :)

Please, keep also in mind that although fully playable, it's still a test server. It's not meant to provide balanced gameplay, but convinient environment for testing. It's not 'serious' in the way of players' competition, as all characters will be wiped out anyway.

Let me also put that straight: staff will not spend time dealing with cheating during TS time - that is because we don't want anyone to use TS in order to gain any knowledge of our ways of detection and so on (also any cheating-prevention code was cut off the client for the same reason). It also feels like a waste of time, we rather focus on what's to be done before Tibiantis start that everyone's waiting for.

Should you find anything inconsonant with original 7.4 - you can report it. Unless it was already announced change.
In case it turns out the "bug" was actually an original mechanic - we'll try to show it.

Client is a customized 7.72, because it supports DX9 and OpenGL. But we made it look like 7.4, the old conditions window is here :)

6BKqYlH.png

Soul Points line from skills window could be removed as well, but we thought it would be a good idea to put Speed in there.
The small '+' button just above fight modes opens additional options: WASD and cam player/recorder.

Another little detail brought back from the older clients is that health bar and nick don't disappear when HP goes down to 0. Makes it feel more like real 7.4.

Test server will last until we are ready to launch final Tibiantis server, which isn't set yet. Have fun meanwhile :)

Also inviting to join our official discord server: Join the Tibiantis Online Discord Server! (https://discordapp.com/invite/YATGtun)

After 1st day of testing everything looks really good. It seems u putted alot of effort into this project, had alot of fun by checking daily spawns that i was visiting back in the days. There wasnt any server since x years that makes possibility to use old tricks that alot of people forgot or didnt know. The only problem for now is traveling system but as u guys told me it will be changed. So far highly recommending this server, join and test with us! 😄

Reactions: kay
I Approve the server, i also want to say that as a tester of this server, i checkd rats rookgard -1 lever with 2 other camrats doing so called "wahadelko" which works perfectly good, i was cliking it for 2 hours, 0 bugs so far. So tibians dont worry, at start of server u can go throu this bridge peacefully without fear that u gonna get stuck.

See you on start of server

Yours,
-Typlo The Greatest.

I can approve that everything looks like it should be back in 7.4 so you can close test server and start actual thingy.

take care @wild345 scammed me for bright sword, he gave me katana... gm can u do something with that ?!?!!?!?

I'd like to clarify a few things that people keep addressing as bugs:

• Muted system is the same as it was in Tibia, but we will probably loosen it up a bit as requested. It indeed seems a bit harsh.
  • Monster's death is not delayed. It's only that health bar doesn't disappear when hp goes down to 0, that's how it was in older clients (you can watch any cam older than 7.6 to check). So we brought it back for the old client feeling, but it's only client's side visual change - there's no actual delay in death itself.
iMQDxID.gif
  • 'Lagging' of numbers animation (damage, exp etc.) is normal in Tibia client. It's not OTC.
  • Spawns times are correct as for real Tibia. The problem of monsters respawning slow comes from two things. Firsty, the formula is dependant on player's online, but there aren't too many players on TS. With a high online counter respawn could be ~2.5x faster on average. Secondly, people tend to block respawn unconsciously by looking from lower/higher floor - back then monsters wouldn't respawn and it was a common knowledge. On every demon hunt old .rec you can see people wait for spawn more to the west, so they would not block it. It still was like that until 7.8, which you can read here: Tibia - News (https://www.tibia.com/news/?subtopic=newsarchive&id=394)
  • Fleeing monsters getting 'stuck' - that's not a bug either. When monster was lured more than 10 squares away from its home - it would trigger a new respawn (so called "overspawn"), but a fleeing monster was unable to pass that barrier! unless it was already lured beyond that limit before it started to flee. It is CONFIRMED to have worked that way. Not only it's the same as with anti-luring code, but you can also watch it on some old cams, e.g.:
rvvFcNg.gif

^ Fleeing poison spider stops exactly 10 squares away from its home.
Gif was cut off from old Tibia .rec, check "hjorbAxmYEQ" on youtube.​
  • NPCs reacting "weird" are in fact Cip NPCs.
  • Not being able to throw things or shoot while constantly walking is normal Tibia mechanics and I'm really surprised people question that.

What will the rates be on launch ?

I don't want to sound negative, but that has been done before, many times by bigger projects than this. Nobody cares about 1x servers. 2x is about as hardcore as most players are going to stick around for. I think you are better off going with stages ending up at 1 or 2x above level 150. (Starting off at 10x maybe).

Spawns times are correct as for real Tibia. The problem of monsters respawning slow comes from two things. Firsty, the formula is dependant on player's online, but there aren't too many players on TS. With a high online counter respawn could be ~2.5x faster on average. Secondly, people

True it's not a bug, but it's an annoying design.

people question that, because realesta teached them something different. the 0 cooldown on anything playstyle made just to pk/war

I don't want to sound negative, but that has been done before, many times by bigger projects than this. Nobody cares about 1x servers. 2x is about as hardcore as most players are going to stick around for. I think you are better off going with stages ending up at 1 or 2x above level 150. (Starting off at 10x maybe).

When was that many times? Medivia had two servers x1, that's all I know of. Not so much to base such conclusion on.
On the other hand, there've been hundreds of staged/high-rate servers already and they all die quickly. Only except for Medivia's Pendulum, which is way different from Tibia nowadays (they had to change all the formulas and basicly everything, so it's a game for 400 levels now).

Anyway, rates are out of the question. The project aims for a long-term, not 3 months of fun until next "edition". What you proposed is not going to work for anything more than that.
Anything higher than x1 is bad for longevity. It destroys the balance and shortens the 'freshness' as people will get very high levels in no time.

Last edited:
When was that many times? Medivia had two servers x1, that's all I know of.
On the other hand, there were hundreds of staged/high-rate already and they die quickly.

Anyway, rates are out of the question. The project aims for a long-term and anything higher than x1 is bad for longevity. It destroys the balance and shortens the 'freshness' as people will get very high levels in no time.
When was that many times? Medivia had two servers x1, that's all I know of.
On the other hand, there were hundreds of staged/high-rate already and they die quickly.

Anyway, rates are out of the question. The project aims for a long-term and anything higher than x1 is bad for longevity. It destroys the balance and shortens the 'freshness' as people will get very high levels in no time.

1581794401692.png

Retrocores is only 3 months old and it already has 200 levels. It's also safe to assume that atleast 3/4 of the online list are MCs, because that's how many they allow by the rules.
You also said that "x1 never worked", but as far as I can remember, after 3 months from its launch Medivia's Destiny was doing atleast as good as Retrocores now, didn't it?

As I said, it's not a matter of what it's gonna be after 3 months, but what it may look like after a year or two.

Anyway, I'm not going to comment on other servers' strategy here anymore. Everyone does what he wants and everyone plays where he wants.
We're aiming for something different, whether it's 'optimal' from 'bussiness' point of view or not, and whether you like it or not. You are free to play Retrocores if it suits you more.

People showing the online list of retrocores that counts 5 servers at once, with allow of 4 multiclients, and making characters by GM, heres the prove :)

This is so funny that people are so brain washed that they keep giving a retrocores example of good ots that is working well, i cant even know how to argue with this people.

Here you have, a guy that made from level 1 to 127 IN ONE DAY, WITHOUT EVEN DESERT QUEST COMPLETE (honestly, 0 quests done).

Even 200 ms on retrocores called Jerry, that makes 1kk/h already on warlocks with sds, making max of 6mln exp per day XD

Now use your brain and tell me again, that x2 exp stage infinite runes is doin so well, that gm need to make characters in notatnik to sell them cuz he have no money XD

Attachments

I have a problem. Even though I have like 250 fps I am feeling like I have 10 in game? Whats wrong? (direct 9 and opengl - same shit)

Good luck with your project. If you have more than 15 unique players online after 7 days I will be shocked.

What other server is there to play that you can tell is serious, long term and has classic 7.4 mechanics? Thats right. None of the servers available nowadays. That alone is enough to attract players to this server. Besides, i dont know why people expect from the servers they play to allow them to reach level 100+ in no time, pk and quit cause theres nothing else to do anymore. Play a highrate, theres plenty of them, nowadays even Medivia isnt even that hard of a server considering Pendulum exists.

I have a problem. Even though I have like 250 fps I am feeling like I have 10 in game? Whats wrong? (direct 9 and opengl - same shit)

Cap your fps to what your refresh rate is, there's no need to waste resources on producing that many. Then force using integrated graphics card. If you already were using, then change to the other one. Swiching between those fixed the issue for the most. But it all depends on your card, drivers, OS and other settings. You can also try running it in compatibility mode for some older OS (win XP for example).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.