• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Uncreativs' Mapping

Uncreativ

Mapper
Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to this forum and a beginner mapper. I started like 2 or 3 days ago and hope to get some good advises and critics here, whcih can help me to improve my mapping :D
Kind Regards,
Uncreative

So here we go:

e8sn14.png

Press Q before taking a screenshot, don't use the big grass tufts, and the magic trees and mushroom either, they don't fit there.

Welcome Uncreative! try to click Q before taking the photo in remere. Kinda good for a beginner :)

Agreed with prest.

Yeah, i can't make ingame screens, my computer cant get it managed to host a server even just for me(localhost) is too hard..
here i edited it, but I dont like it now :
219rj9l.png

Now it's looking better, but remove that big tuft on the wooden floor thingie, try using the 2 smallest ones, make something new now :D

If you have started mapping 2-3 days ago, that isn't yours..
This is in frozen-hell, a donor spawn in the house for fishing monsters, already implemented 5-6 months ago in frozen-hell

So i removed that grass ;)
try to map something new soon :D
2ldugpc.png

Here is something new, a little island where some seegulls, a yeti and some winter wolfs are living in harmonie together and waiting for the player to kill him and build cities on their homes :( Thats what the human does, destroy dreams of future for the animals.

14tc27b.png

Last edited:
If you have started mapping 2-3 days ago, that isn't yours..
This is in frozen-hell, a donor spawn in the house for fishing monsters, already implemented 5-6 months ago in frozen-hell
He's right, ripper.

Ripper means that you've taken something that isn't yours and don't give credits.

But I'd remove either the frost wolf or the yeti. They don't fit together.

And the seagulls.

Oh, I would really say, they do...
Because if you think about it again, doesn't a wolf fits perfect behind this tree, waiting for his food.. And the yeti infront of a tree, he broke before.. and next to him big,strong ice blocks :D
I find it really looks nice :)

Ehrm, I'd say they don't...

Since the Yeti is a larger creature than the other ones. So...

I'd keep the wolfs and the gulls.

Ye, try to avoid autoborder, thats all i can tell you, since u already map better than i ever did :/
But all I wqs told was to use RAW and no AUTO...
Gl m8

You should first learn how to use RAW-section, also to get a "proper" shape, with that I ment a good-looking shape.

Also,

5 seagulls
2 winter wolf
1 silver hare

They don´t fit together like that in that tiny little area, and that frozen earth border just feels wrong to have there.

Personally I think it was your time which got loss due to uploading that picture, I don't like it.
Take this as a advice and not a flame.

Back