• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Unity3D client?

You would like Unity3D client?

• Yes

Votes: 57 93.4%
  • Nope

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have been wanting to redo the tibia sprites in 64x64 or 128x128 for a long time, but couldn't really justify it if I couldn't conveniently use them.

Am I understanding this correctly in that with the client being made with unity, really any reasonable size sprites could be used?

Thought I would ask before I get too carried away spriting :)

I guess it wasn't as "close" to a first release as i had hoped :p

I guess it wasn't as "close" to a first release as i had hoped :p

The only thing that delays the publish is finding the best way to draw layers (map floors)

Since we view 0 +-2 floors (intersecting). So we have in total 10 * 5 tilemaps (50 tilemap)

10 (stack pos for every tile)

5: (the base floor) + 2 (elevation up) + 2 (elevation down)

for every movement we need to clear a row from every tile map (assuming vertically), this takes quite cpu processing power

while moving fast, this is not really easy

I'd also apperciate if somebody would finish the buffers (i did like 100 of them including map ones)

+ If somebody already has the newest packets, sharing it is appreciated because currently, i am using my own server's topology.

Taken from Discord as of today

it would be already far ahead of otclient
despite of that he would also amazingly develop some management skills since ofc he'd need to keep contributors on the right path (and thats probably his main concern regarding accepting thirds contribution imho)

I have been wanting to redo the tibia sprites in 64x64 or 128x128 for a long time, but couldn't really justify it if I couldn't conveniently use them.

Am I understanding this correctly in that with the client being made with unity, really any reasonable size sprites could be used?

Thought I would ask before I get too carried away spriting :)
[DISCUSSION] 128x128 pixels Tibia sprites with AI (neural network)
OTClient with configurable 32-256px sprites. Loading images from PNG files.
It compiles only on linux right now, but I don't have time to prepare version for all systems :(

An Unity client would take tfs to another level. We won't be a tibia project anymore, people would use this source for many kinds of other projects as unity is simpler to edit than otc was. For example, you can simply download a GUI asset and replace for your Logon Menu, if the logon box is a prefab, you just attach to this new GUI and it's already done. A whole new menu in 5 seconds.

An Unity client would take tfs to another level. We won't be a tibia project anymore, people would use this source for many kinds of other projects as unity is simpler to edit than otc was. For example, you can simply download a GUI asset and replace for your Logon Menu, if the logon box is a prefab, you just attach to this new GUI and it's already done. A whole new menu in 5 seconds.

Yep! It's so exciting. I'm really hoping we actually get a release, and it not end up like so many other projects and just lead people along for 2 years and then disappear. (Don't get me wrong, i dont think this is the case, im just weary about getting overly excited until it hits github).

It'll be one of the biggest deals to ever happen here.

@Fenrisus I have made some maps for the community and do mapping for private projects (see sig). This is a project i have been watching on/off for a while now. If have made a map creation tool or something of that nature and want some people to test it please let me know, im happy to do work free for the community to use.

There is a new thread in the forum with some videos about Tibia 3D

Awesome. That project looks really cool.

But this project has nothing to do with making a 3d tibia..

Is this thing actually close to release, or this just a carrot on a stick?

Re-creation of client - is a hard task and requires alot of time. But community may support it, and i can offer more time for it and also more advanced features, like additional particles, higher sprite resolutions, shadowmap generation and other things.

Collaboration - is a great thing. But for example, not all have a time/skills/something else enough for development a whole new client (or for example, you have a your own project, and all your time is for it). Well, in this case - Patreon is a great solution. With community support, i can give: more time for development project, hire another indie developers who will work on it with me together and etc. For single supporter - is a very cheap, but just imagine, what we can do, if we will works as community?
Just wondering: why not make a git or something as well if you're planning on releasing the source code anyway?

@Fenrisus
Any update on this thread?
GIT please.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't want to create another thread about tibia client that won't be finished. I will post in this thread.

I'm working on TypeScript client based on OTClient - web browser client.
Right now it can 'watch cams' or 'spectate casts' (thru websockets). No outfit colors. No animations. Just render screenshots. Today rendered first valid game screen! :)
webclient_first_screen.png

EDIT 2018-11-23:
Played first movie today. Framerate around 1-1.5 FPS on i7-8700k@5GHz with GF 1080TI :D
Still no movement animations.

Last edited:
@Fenrisus
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't want to create another thread about tibia client that won't be finished. I will post in this thread.

I'm working on TypeScript client based on OTClient - web browser client.

This is fascinating!

Back