• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Unity3D client?

You would like Unity3D client?

• Yes

Votes: 57 93.4%
  • Nope

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fenrisus

Ferin-Sha
Reaction score
Hello there, today i wanna showoff my Unity3D client (currently unfinished), started 5 days ago, just for fun solo project.

What is currently or partially done:
1)Tibia.dat & Tibia.spr load & parse.
Nothing special, exept this one: It's converting all sprites into Texture Atlases for got better perfomance and other things.
ivY3o1x.jpg
2)Basic internal classes.
Just utilize ThingType, Creature, Player, Map, Tile, and etc.

3)Full networking connection & initialization.
Yeah with RSA and XTea. It's able to connect to TFS already. Multiprotocol.
vZHhQrZ.jpg

9lmUxCA.png
4)Map Draw code.
It's works! All bugs fixed!
Screens UPDATED!

xRwFTcn.png

B7c46v2.png

kGj1VeR.png

w0nEqcR.png

LzRURm5.png

ltYd6eI.png

5)Partially done Packets.
It's just all about coding. Networking platform works like a charm. I just need write all required parse/send packets, and setup interaction with client systems. (Like Open UI windows, Stack/Pickup/Move/ Items and etc.)

6)Partially done UI System.

Uae5MlK.jpg
Well, are you interested on beta playable ver. of this client?
Maybe you have a suggestions?
Tibia 11+? Support their atlases/dat? Gimme Tibia 11+ compatible TFS with packets, and i can do it for compatible with 11+ ver. too.

Last edited:
Is it like OTC but written with unity?
If you monetize ur server then dont you need to pay monthly for unity?

Is it like OTC but written with unity?
Yep
If you monetize ur server then dont you need to pay monthly for unity?
Nope. Unity3D is "free"(from torrents, non-free edition, same as licensed). But on this case - OT Server - is private server. That is completly illegal already. Due to CipSoft property for Tibia.spr and Tibia.dat, protocol structure, and etc. We got this as result of reverse engineering.
Well, you dont need care about Unity3D Terms of Service and License agreement, as long as your server stay as OT. In case full graphics content replacement, no RL map and other obivious Tibia content - you may be as official game with that. Unity3D EULA tells us:
"If your company currently makes more than $100k in annual gross revenues or has raised funds in excess of $100k, you are not permitted to use Unity Personal as defined in our EULA Agreement. You may use Unity Plus for up to $200k in annual gross revenues, or Unity Pro with an unlimited revenue capacity. "
(Unity3D Personal Edition is free for Commercial Usage but in cases described above).

If it works, and is easy to make changes to it then I'll use it.

Would try it out, even tho I really don't like C# :p
But then it would be better to make changes to OTC where most of the code is already written, trying to focus on the framework that seem to be a HUGE problem with OTC.
Even doing small things can help get people to use and want to write codes for OTC aswell.

But ye, fun seeing someone doing something new at the same time :p

I very eager to test this client.

I know a little bit on the Unity3D can assist in the development of later

Bro I would pay you for it if u had fully working product. Please do it :D

Hello guys! I am continue my work on it! And you also may help me with that!
Just visit my Patreon
Supporting me on Patreon also will make client progress faster. Also that will be great if someone share my patreon on other OT forums (and also tell about this project to other OT users)
Plus is much more easy to publish my progress and other project-related things on Patreon instead of support few threads on OTLand, TibiaBR and etc.
Re-creation of client - is a hard task and requires alot of time. But community may support it, and i can offer more time for it and also more advanced features, like additional particles, higher sprite resolutions, shadowmap generation and other things.

Collaboration - is a great thing. But for example, not all have a time/skills/something else enough for development a whole new client (or for example, you have a your own project, and all your time is for it). Well, in this case - Patreon is a great solution. With community support, i can give: more time for development project, hire another indie developers who will work on it with me together and etc. For single supporter - is a very cheap, but just imagine, what we can do, if we will works as community?

Shouldn't we all use Patreon just because we develop something?
Why don't TFS developers have Patreon when they developed something from scratch without any platform such as unity?

i give you a challenge. A possibility of scrambling game data from inside of client like creating npc's from scratch or quests all that fun so we can all make our single player campains!

Shouldn't we all use Patreon just because we develop something?
Why don't TFS developers have Patreon when they developed something from scratch without any platform such as unity?

They dont have a Patreon because at start development - there is no kickstarters, patreons and etc. But, you dont remeber OTLand premium? For example, you should have a premium for got access to TFS 0.3.6 - 0.4 source code (in the past). For long time, 0.4 has been "private" same as latest tools for OT. (Exept of few forum cases like Vapus, where you always may take "premium" OTLand content for free thx to Styan).
"hey developed something from scratch" - not true. TFS is a fork of other pre-tfs server. All of this related to first Tibia Private Server - TDA(Tibia Dark Age), well they start developing them not from scratch.

Finally - it's a fully your choice, support me or nope. When someone support me, it's help me grow this up better and faster. Just look at sale thread (Ascalon, Chasm by FaRe for example), and other projects based on TFS has been sold for 400$+. In my case i dont sell anything, but compare - whole new client or custom server based on exists code for sale/full RL map/custom LUA scripts? What is harder? =) I just askin for support me if you can. Yeah, i can do the client without any support, but what is next? Thread for "[SELL]Unity3D client[HOT] 700$"? I dont wanna this. Really. I just wanna try to got something for improve client, and maybe laters buy a few sprites for my server and bottle of beer for my self.

Few sprites (tiles, biomes) + few bottles of beer for me, bought by community for got Unity3D Client. Fair enough? :):):)

PS. i will develop this anyways, no matter how many users will support me. (Or maybe no one :() Donations is fully optional and few $ is just your thanks to me. Nothing else.

i give you a challenge. A possibility of scrambling game data from inside of client like creating npc's from scratch or quests all that fun so we can all make our single player campains!
Good idea! I've seen same system on StarTrek Online, where users create their own storylines, quests, and after publish them inside game at "Foundry". You wanna something like that? Can you describe this more on PM? If you have a time ofc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea! I've seen same system on StarTrek Online, where users create their own storylines, quests, and after publish them inside game at "Foundry". You wanna something like that? Can you describe this more on PM? If you have a time ofc.
basically a map editor builded in but that should be easy other would be npc's and scrtipts like buy this item etc and finally item editor (that would let us choose behaviour of the items? maybe even with option to create new items and code them in lua or whatever?)

basically a map editor builded in but that should be easy other would be npc's and scrtipts like buy this item etc and finally item editor (that would let us choose behaviour of the items? maybe even with option to create new items and code them in lua or whatever?)
Items Editor already here bro! Just it's all about coding the UI for them.
44NubhM.png

SVEsScd.png

+
There is done some Debug tools for client. For example, with that, you may always see what you recieve with you client via network from server.
Useful for custom opcodes and protocol changes too.
ckT4ucC.png

Well there will be a full toolset for client.

And "offtopic" Little example of UI
H453RwU.png

Note: GameMap drawcode almost done!

how about a single dungeon generator? generating random dungeon giving random lvl and random monsters for that lvl :D

I would suggest to keep your patreon on the first post for visibility as Im pretty sure many won't mind helping you with whatever they can afford if they find your project interesting.

That would be awesome tho it could be a bit hard to implement as different servers may use different game versions/tfs distros and scripting stuff won't be user friendly at all unless you are a developer or have some lua knowledge. The map editing part alone could be very useful. Nonetheless interesting idea.

Back