• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Upcoming server I need ideas and thoughts

Currently I'm using TFS 0.4 with client 8.60 should I move to TFS 1.2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tarek1337

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi! I'm planing on opening an OT. I haven't decided when or anything. Anyways here's some pictures of the work I've been doing for the past 4 months. With some help from special friends.

Hunting room! Still being reworked
iRPGv3i.png

Second floor, Gonna add alot more!
afacWK1.png

2 floors with awesome and unique quests
qbuz4EM.png

Training monks!
KkxOK_Z.png

Vip City! (Still not done with it.)
qVxJSD.png

Vip Quest Room!
ojIcxSA.png

Event everyday, (haven't decided which time the EXP event pops up)
fJrEbLQ.png

JvIAeu.png

Awesome features, (too many of them to show, so I showed one of them)
ed68776b3558c46d15e0fb6a976d6f93.gif

And some custom sets, Still more to show. ;)
rTEElEE.png

Thanks!

Any OT posting will be ignored and/or the person will be added to the ignored list. :)
Kind Regards, Kolhydrater​

Move to tfs 1.2, but you can still use client version 8.6

spread out the teleports in the temple by 1sqm so you can actually read what they say

8.60 is good i suppose, being much bot but i would still play 8.60 only..

Players cannot tell whether you are using 1.2 or 0.4 unless you have a ton of players.

If you have 0-200 players, 0.4 is fine, If you end up have 300+ players, then 0.4 will start slowing you down a bit.

Not to be rude, but almost no servers get that many players, so almost no one needs TFS 1.2.

Players cannot tell whether you are using 1.2 or 0.4 unless you have a ton of players.

If you have 0-200 players, 0.4 is fine, If you end up have 300+ players, then 0.4 will start slowing you down a bit.

Not to be rude, but almost no servers get that many players, so almost no one needs TFS 1.2.
Exactly what I think sometimes. The most players I ever got with this version was probably 50-80 players back in 2010. xD so

why use old versions for no reason if 1.2 has more functions and more support
1.2 has compatibility for most functions in 0.4 + it's easy to convert and fix incompatibility errors
programming style is better and easier to understand but its just my opinion :^)

why use old versions for no reason if 1.2 has more functions and more support
1.2 has compatibility for most functions in 0.4 + it's easy to convert and fix incompatibility errors
programming style is better and easier to understand but its just my opinion :^)

1.2 has some more functionality in some areas, and is missing functionality in other areas compared to 0.4.
But, unless you are making a highly custom server you will not see a difference.

Personally the reason I do not use 1.2 is because I have 3 years of customized features added into 0.4, and TFS 1.2 doesn't even come close to the functionality I have in my own version of TFS.

I think I will go over go to 0.4 since my knowledge is not that good with tfs 1.x and I think it will just take longer to take this up than just keep it at 0.4. but if I reach over 200 players (which won't happen) I may change to TFS 1.2 and since its friday today I can work with it a little I hope.

@70011983

Last edited:
OMG PLX I NEWED 999999999X SERVER!!!! TAREK WHEN U RELEASE?!!? XDP
idk bro i stil love u my dear norwergian. :*. When are you taking me to moon?

Edit, yesterday I bought Rust and feel in love with it so I forgot that I had OT to make lel
I will do some more shit tomorow I hope

Last edited:
Back