• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA][8.4] Acidsot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might as well post this here too, I sent this as a reply to ropid's PM:

Well, I found the old 7.6 server, and it works, but it badly need some touch ups (like a reset). And I need to make some sort of account maker for it too.
I can use my pc as a server and I have a fairly good connection, so what i lack is some motivation and someone to help me.

That's where I stand today.

lmfao, well i was one of the original mappers from acidsOT (GM Grimmus) i can not believe this simple project has become sorta godlike, I wish i stayed with acidsOT, but when Tomiz/Tommix(cant remember and dun care about hacking nubs) hosted it I left, too much corruption with him, hacked his friends accounts and shit, soo since then i had left the otserv scene and now looking to return to mapping atleast but no-one seems to care about independant mappers and whatnot these days, Yes the art of mapping has changed as back then i was using SimOnes mapeditor and 'decorating' the maps was a bitch of a task.

I was also the only coder there for a little while, but as i don't really know much LUA it was VERY basic coding and VERY buggy to say the least,

I wish you the best of luck getting acids back up and running, I would also try to re-host this as i enjoyed playing on the good Old server. its a pitty it was taken over from Acid, he was a champion!

Well I'm pretty sure the 7.6 version of the server that jonern has got isnt using the scripts you made to the very old acidsot, but nice to hear from you:) I hope some of the old acidsot players comes to it IF jonern will turn it up again :D

I'd rather say I'm pretty sure there are scripts that Krypt have made that's still in use in that server! The whole thing is a big mess :p And I know what he means when he says decoing in the old mapeditors were a hard and boring job.

I guess I was wrong then xd. Anyways back in thoose days I never really cared about how a map was decorated, still think its a playable map and really fun actually. but I'm pretty sure the most ot players of today wouldn't agree with me since it wasnt really "well mapped" as you said.
btw Jonern hows it going? Are you in need of any help?

Last edited:
Znote said he had an Avesta 7.6 server that's good, so I'm thinking I would like to move to that server. I guess that will take some work, and then we have to check for bugs :p And THAT will take a lot of time :p

It's good news :D
I looking every day new post hmm its some months :D im old player play 7.6 - 8,41 i think and i wait :D

AcidsOT will be on again in few days - goto acidsot.4um.pl for more information !
We've got the 7.6 files in some weeks we're going to have full backup of 8.1 AcidsOT server. Till then, we hope we will be able to run 7.6 server for fun !
Go to the forum for more info.

I can confirm that the server is up running now on the 7.6 protocol. Tell all your friends and join! And yes, it's running on acidsot.no-ip.org port 7171.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back