• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] [8.61][RPG/CUSTOM]Tibia Dark Side

AYE i don't care if its Sub/donation i was younger when i played here and i've gotta say in all my years playing tibia and OT's this is among the best experiences i have ever had. currently playing Tibianic(medivia) as its now called and i'm willing to quit fully from it if TDS is revived. I'll support in any way possible but im not a great programmer and i have more money than time to be completely fair.
why look into a server to host 75 people? Most workstation should be able to handle that amount of players.

why look into a server to host 75 people? Most workstation should be able to handle that amount of players.

There wasn't really any other option in the entry level server line...

It's a choice between the intel X4i (which is kickass in my opinion) and an Atom processor -- I wouldn't go with AMD for server computing. I get they are cheap but we want stability and processing power.

As I said before, a simple 'workstation' is what we've used in the past, and it would not handle 25+ players. Not to mention now we have worse internet than before.

That computer could handle like 200 players with linux, dont use windows.

AYE. I think there shouldn't be donations. It's unfair for players which haven't got cash for donate or don't want to donate.
Also, maybe try to find host in place where both American and European players won't have lags.
I think you can find someone kind (and rich) enough to host your server for free or donate without any gains (expect server running).
I think you should look into threads with hostings on OTLand.
There are some people which are hosting projects like that for free.

/Deepling

Letting someone from here hosting is not possible. Easy reason: noone is trustful engough. Also I'm looking for some hosting services which will be reliable and cheap engough to pay (I myself could pay up yo 40-50 bucks monthly only...).

Well, I spent years on TDS, same as Skai abd maybe some other people that posted here also. I agree there shouldnt be item shop, but some premium services that give some advantage in gameplay. But yet then gameplay will need spme changes too.

I was thinking of starting crowdfunding project, we dont need that much money as it seems to be, but still we need.

Please know, we're still waiting on the full team to be on board with all this still... I will keep you all updated but if we don't have the full team, there is very little chance this will fall through.

I can host server, but it would lag on 20-30 people, and it wouldn't be open 24/7 :(
I have got only 2gb RAM :(
Goodluck on finding hoster and putting server again online :)

AYE. I think there shouldn't be donations. It's unfair for players which haven't got cash for donate or don't want to donate.
Also, maybe try to find host in place where both American and European players won't have lags.
I think you can find someone kind (and rich) enough to host your server for free or donate without any gains (expect server running).

/Deepling

Canada is very very good for both european and US players.

And you could throw in some donations, SMS makes it really easy for everyone to donate, I dont see much issue with donation items unless they are like WAAAAY too OP and shit.

I heard OVH has some cheap hosting, check that out.

And you could throw in some donations, SMS makes it really easy for everyone to donate, I dont see much issue with donation items unless they are like WAAAAY too OP and shit.

I heard OVH has some cheap hosting, check that out.

Most servers have done away with sms due to it being completely profitless & there's alot of ways around from actually paying it, xD

Aye,

if you want good stable hosting you should check out @HalfAway 's services ;)

on donations: some fair donations like lifer said for premmy seems good also some extra deco for donators is always something that could bring in some extra money (will not be the best selling item but all small bits help)

good luck if you manage to get the old team back!

So I really loved TDS for its subtly fresh, but yet nostalgic feeling. It was essentially the same thing as playing 'real tibia' but with a few neat enhancements and a brand new map (which by the way was amazing). The problem is - it has lagged behind quite a lot. Most servers you can play now have all those neat things that were rather rare at its time, at least to have working so well.

If the server is to come back, it needs to improve in at least one of the following areas:

Quests

There were achievements giving experience. That's it. It was fun in the beginning (1-100), and a nice experience boost above that, but nothing "cool" to be honest. There was a really old trailer about some massive maze - something like that is desperately needed. Fighting the final boss on TDS was fun, but it was in no way an epic quest experience. Lower tier quests also needs a bump, all I can remember was a few chests 'hidden' around in spawns.

Spells

Spells are fairly easy to add if you keep them simple, the only ones that were special were the "blood sorc" ones, and I guess creating assassin stars. They can be made a lot more intricate with things added in like knockbacks, stuns and silences - but as I recall you didn't really have a dedicated scripter willing to actually implent new things. Do you now?

Crafting
Most rpg servers now have some sort of crafting system, and I think it's almost essential to be able "compete" today. It's often very simple - mine this, magically use this item on it and poof you have a weapon. Some servers have evolved it much much further, Necronia being a prime example.

Weapon enhancing/rare loot
Back in the day TDS had (one of) the best system, where you could both loot things giving you better drop% or different damage elements, or even runes that you could mix and match yourself. This system is still good, but could use a lot of improvement. (read: disparity)

That computer could handle like 200 players with linux, dont use windows.
That's what I had looked into, it is what we will be using :)

I think there shouldn't be donations. It's unfair for players which haven't got cash for donate or don't want to donate.
This kind of logic is not reasonable for not having donations. Our server never gave extreme benefits for donating. I understand it's hard for everyone to have money and donate a little bit, but running a server isn't free... No donations is not something that we can sustain a server on.

This especially wouldn't work if we didn't have donations. Hosting two servers is doubly expensive maybe more.
We don't like the idea of hosting in someone's basement or house where they have access to all the data. That is insecure.

Well, I spent years on TDS, same as Skai abd maybe some other people that posted here also. I agree there shouldnt be item shop, but some premium services that give some advantage in gameplay. But yet then gameplay will need spme changes too.
I was thinking of starting crowdfunding project, we dont need that much money as it seems to be, but still we need.

We would never have an item shop :)

I can host server, but it would lag on 20-30 people, and it wouldn't be open 24/7 :(
I have got only 2gb RAM :(
Goodluck on finding hoster and putting server again online :)

Thank you for the offer :)

I'm thinking hosting in east coast USA would be suitable... it's closer to EU than west coast is :p

Agreed.

Spells are easy to add. But not as easy to balance. We did not have a dedicated scripter... Things on that subject are tentative at this moment.

We've always wanted this... Again lacked the scripting part. But never-the-less agreed!

Agreed as well!

I guess we'll disagree about spells, as I see them extremely easy to balance.

I like the enthusiasm from the staff, and would love to see a TDS comeback, but I can't see it being too well recieved without a proper scripter working with you.

So nice to see that so many people still are interested in the server, leave your TDS name if you want to be recognized! :) So far, I only recognize Zaniir, Evalor and Skai. And of course, Xen.:p

- Dawn :cool:

So I really loved TDS for its subtly fresh, but yet nostalgic feeling. It was essentially the same thing as playing 'real tibia' but with a few neat enhancements and a brand new map (which by the way was amazing). The problem is - it has lagged behind quite a lot. Most servers you can play now have all those neat things that were rather rare at its time, at least to have working so well.

If the server is to come back, it needs to improve in at least one of the following areas:

Quests

There were achievements giving experience. That's it. It was fun in the beginning (1-100), and a nice experience boost above that, but nothing "cool" to be honest. There was a really old trailer about some massive maze - something like that is desperately needed. Fighting the final boss on TDS was fun, but it was in no way an epic quest experience. Lower tier quests also needs a bump, all I can remember was a few chests 'hidden' around in spawns.

Spells

Spells are fairly easy to add if you keep them simple, the only ones that were special were the "blood sorc" ones, and I guess creating assassin stars. They can be made a lot more intricate with things added in like knockbacks, stuns and silences - but as I recall you didn't really have a dedicated scripter willing to actually implent new things. Do you now?

Crafting
Most rpg servers now have some sort of crafting system, and I think it's almost essential to be able "compete" today. It's often very simple - mine this, magically use this item on it and poof you have a weapon. Some servers have evolved it much much further, Necronia being a prime example.

Back in the day TDS had (one of) the best system, where you could both loot things giving you better drop% or different damage elements, or even runes that you could mix and match yourself. This system is still good, but could use a lot of improvement. (read: disparity)

I have to agree with Zaniir on this. TDS sure did have some of the most unique features at the time, but that was years ago! There's so many new features and upgrades that can make the server a million times better and more fun! If you're seriously willing to work on bringing back the server, then I suggest you try and find a dedicated scripter as the server will surely need it. The server itself was pretty nice but I can't even imagine how fun it would be with a ton of new features and upgrades.