• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] [8.61][RPG/CUSTOM]Tibia Dark Side

Let me keep trying. I'm part of reason also, shame on me.

Maybe if he get 'come back' spam... still I'm not sure if I'm allowed to pass his fb ;s

Let me keep trying. I'm part of reason also, shame on me.

Maybe if he get 'come back' spam... still I'm not sure if I'm allowed to pass his fb ;s

I'm sure you're not haha, just ask him to bring it back and pass him the thread link.

Its more than just us that want this back, many people that is just reading want this back, but are just too lazy to post

Well well. It flatters me that you all still even know what tds is!

It saddens me that tds no longer exists. I wish to this day that it didn't have to be taken down.

With that being said. There were many factors that contributed to shutting it down.

The main problem was with the tds team. It was non-existant. I was the only one working on the server for the last year pretty much, maybe even more. And I only knew maps and basic xml and lua. With me being the only one working on it,things slowly fell apart and I couldn't be the only one to fix it.

Another problem was the population. It was always low, and part of that was, I was the only one working on it... there were other issues popping up that I couldn't fix alone, and people wanted more than just maps and monsters.

Lastly, the time consumption. I couldn't focus on my life and tds at the same time.

There were other factors, of course... but none too substantial.

I, even with the problems, still miss tds to this day. It was a time consumer, but without tds, I have nothing to output any of my creativity. And I miss that, as well as the people that played and made tds what it was.

Will I start tds again? I do not see that happening. Tds cannot be, without a working team. And this project is meant to be kept with the people that started. With that I do not want tds to be given away.

It was a fun run, that is for sure.

If there was something to bring Tds back, i would say, The ones you really need to get rallied, are more people. Then get all of them to get the team excited about it. But if they don't want to get in on it... then tds will surely fail.

I thought the 7.6 version was the best! It was my first ot server I ever played and still to this day the best one.

YES YES YES.

I have to apologize myself...

Nowdays server like this have more chancw to survive. I will invest myseld time yo play anc money this time.

Also its truth about population. There were peajs with 25 people on, still we were all connectef with friendship... also I must say one:
J
Xen, I know it was hard to work only witg Quint and TR, but... you kept being sterile. Maybe before ressutection try set up a little project where people could contribute ideas you would choose what would be im. I remember bug tracker. You just couldn't do it all alone. I do not know how did you contracted with Q and TR, but nowdays community is able to support Gods/GM/CM anymore than in past. Let people support you. Ofcourse everything is up to you, but..
Even CIP took ideas from TDS. People that played will tell the same...
You and your brother set everything on a very new way, which was eaten by brainless people willing to pay on servers that were up few months. You've been up for YEARS. Ofcourse it was time consuming. Still I understand why - everything was too unique to get lost. Still, imhp it is what is needed now. Only Tibianic (soon other name) could be compared with uptime. Still it's place to heal complexea for people who can't reach anything else over level 40 in global. That is what for all RL Tibia OTS stands for.

All that TDS needed, except advertise, was the team, which was sterile. Having team doesn't mean selling game secrets (as I tried to help with very little mapping). It means considering other people are able to help.

Sorry if I'm teaching. It all your will.

Last edited:
I can easily map, and do other things for this server. I would join the team if it came back. Just sayin <.<

I can easily map, and do other things for this server. I would join the team if it came back. Just sayin <.<
@Xenus

I'm in on this with lifer I would give a helping hand on some of the scripts and possibly mapping I'm not the best but I'm capable of helping out with some of the small or even mid rate scripts.

also one of the better servers I ever played beside a few others I enjoyed but this was unique :)

TDS was the first server with a working, stable party share exp.. Even before CIP came out with it

Ok so, what do we NEED for this server to work? I want this back and I'm willing to help

I'll say this first, I'm going to make this into a petition of sorts, people that want to play this server, say "AYE" in your post at the beginning.

Three categories of requirements:

First is People:
Problem: I don't want to low ball this, if people want the server back up, I wanna know about how many are wanting this. Last time we hosted, everyone left because there were no players, and there were no players because everyone was leaving. So this is a mutually beneficial requirement, the more players we have, the more people want to play. So, just how many people care about TDS? This also would boost the morale of our team, so by gathering people, we rally the team.
Requirement: I don't want to say a number of people that are required to start this up, however, I have to know how many so we can gauge the steps to take.

Second is Hardware:
Problem: As it is right now, we have no physical server computer... We also are not in a prime location to run localized hosting on site. That is, sub-par internet connection, and insufficient router power.
Requirement: We will need off-site secure hosting -- to be clear, secure that only we can access, not hosted at someone's house.

It may seem picky, but this is a requirement. We want our server to have the ability to handle the traffic we want. We don't want only 15 players on the server anymore. After the years we hosted the server, the major problem was every time we'd get more than 25+ players, it would get super laggy. Later on, eventually with only 15 players on it would get laggy still.

We want this to be able to support 70+ players easily. With that, does anyone know of a hosting service that is reliable and generally good?

The potential problem with this is that it will cost monthly to run the server, which means we may have to bump up on purchasable goods (more reliable), or rely strictly on donatable amounts (less reliable), maybe even subscription (highly reliable).

I still hate with a fiery passion 'buying' into games. So what we decide to make purchasable -- if we decide to go that route, shouldn't give too much of an edge over everyone else. But this is a possibility if it becomes too costly to run the server.

Here's a breakdown of the server we're looking at getting:
Processor: Intel®Xeon® E3-1270 V3 - 4 Cores (HT) x 3.5 GHz
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 ECC
Storage: 1,000 GB (2 x 1,000 GB SATA) + 260 SSD <-- I realize this may be a bit too much but we can't change this

With a domain that would run to 163 a month, our initial start-up is around 160. Not bad, however we're cutting cost on the operating system, it's 35 a month extra for a Windows OS, we're wanting to try for Linux, but we're unfamiliar with Linux. (At least TR and I, not sure yet about Quint)

We'll see how this goes.

Another option would be to see how much money people are willing to donate for the server computer -- if we wanted to host it on our own. Then we'd have to get a business class internet connection.

If you've read this far into the post, that's amazing!
How do you feel about subscription based fees?
How do you feel about purchasable goods?
Should we stick with donations?

I'll say this first, I'm going to make this into a petition of sorts, people that want to play this server, say "AYE" in your post at the beginning.

Three categories of requirements:

First is People:
Problem: I don't want to low ball this, if people want the server back up, I wanna know about how many are wanting this. Last time we hosted, everyone left because there were no players, and there were no players because everyone was leaving. So this is a mutually beneficial requirement, the more players we have, the more people want to play. So, just how many people care about TDS? This also would boost the morale of our team, so by gathering people, we rally the team.
Requirement: I don't want to say a number of people that are required to start this up, however, I have to know how many so we can gauge the steps to take.

Second is Hardware:
Problem: As it is right now, we have no physical server computer... We also are not in a prime location to run localized hosting on site. That is, sub-par internet connection, and insufficient router power.
Requirement: We will need off-site secure hosting -- to be clear, secure that only we can access, not hosted at someone's house.

It may seem picky, but this is a requirement. We want our server to have the ability to handle the traffic we want. We don't want only 15 players on the server anymore. After the years we hosted the server, the major problem was every time we'd get more than 25+ players, it would get super laggy. Later on, eventually with only 15 players on it would get laggy still.

We want this to be able to support 70+ players easily. With that, does anyone know of a hosting service that is reliable and generally good?

The potential problem with this is that it will cost monthly to run the server, which means we may have to bump up on purchasable goods (more reliable), or rely strictly on donatable amounts (less reliable), maybe even subscription (highly reliable).

I still hate with a fiery passion 'buying' into games. So what we decide to make purchasable -- if we decide to go that route, shouldn't give too much of an edge over everyone else. But this is a possibility if it becomes too costly to run the server.

Here's a breakdown of the server we're looking at getting:
Processor: Intel®Xeon® E3-1270 V3 - 4 Cores (HT) x 3.5 GHz
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 ECC
Storage: 1,000 GB (2 x 1,000 GB SATA) + 260 SSD <-- I realize this may be a bit too much but we can't change this

With a domain that would run to 163 a month, our initial start-up is around 160. Not bad, however we're cutting cost on the operating system, it's 35 a month extra for a Windows OS, we're wanting to try for Linux, but we're unfamiliar with Linux. (At least TR and I, not sure yet about Quint)

We'll see how this goes.

Another option would be to see how much money people are willing to donate for the server computer -- if we wanted to host it on our own. Then we'd have to get a business class internet connection.

If you've read this far into the post, that's amazing!
How do you feel about subscription based fees?
How do you feel about purchasable goods?
Should we stick with donations?

Aye. Just do the regular premium for 10% extra exp, 1% less death loss and maybe 1 other thing. Don't make it like RL tibia premium where you can only cast certain (most) spells with premium. Donations = ingame items that can be acquired.

Aye. I think there should be subscription based premium. No donation items or anything to give players an advantage like pay to win

AYE i don't care if its Sub/donation i was younger when i played here and i've gotta say in all my years playing tibia and OT's this is among the best experiences i have ever had. currently playing Tibianic(medivia) as its now called and i'm willing to quit fully from it if TDS is revived. I'll support in any way possible but im not a great programmer and i have more money than time to be completely fair.