• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] 9.54 100% Custom Server - Beta Testing begins Jul 25th, 2012!

Maybe give all accs permanent AOL or something for beta.. I found dragons, but now I have no weapon or bp. :p

Maybe give all accs permanent AOL or something for beta.. I found dragons, but now I have no weapon or bp. :p

That dragon has been causing some problems. I have made him harder to reach, and I'll be adding blessings asap.

Very nice server, though I still feel vocations are unbalanced.

Thats no big surprise :p

However, I am making changes to spell damage, mana costs, and other things to try to bring the vocations closer together. In your opinion, which classes are the strongest and the weakest, and why?

Well we cant judge class for what they are at lvl 20 can we? They are both different and i think trying to balance 6 vocation is impossible. Personnaly i was having a hard time with necro...Sop i made a runesmith. Now i make rune on runesmith to supply my necromancer. The problem might come from the fact theres not enough player and the money is kinda useless since you dont sell runes/potion etc in the shop. So i got 10k but cant do anything with it. Equipment is kinda useless. Cant spend on runes or potion....so what? Necro should be able to buy runes from a shop just like any class should. Not having healz is already hard enough :D

Well we cant judge class for what they are at lvl 20 can we? They are both different and i think trying to balance 6 vocation is impossible. Personnaly i was having a hard time with necro...Sop i made a runesmith. Now i make rune on runesmith to supply my necromancer. The problem might come from the fact theres not enough player and the money is kinda useless since you dont sell runes/potion etc in the shop. So i got 10k but cant do anything with it. Equipment is kinda useless. Cant spend on runes or potion....so what? Necro should be able to buy runes from a shop just like any class should. Not having healz is already hard enough :D

This is the biggest problem for the Beta. Nobody is buying/selling/trading because its just beta. Nothing I can do about it until we release officially.

Ya but what happen if the player count stay at 15.... in order to grow you need to make those 15 people actually enjoy the server. But hopefully it gets more then that. Else everyone will be Mc'ing runesmith and shaman and making herbs and runes to supply w/e main they have. Which in the end is kinda useless cause a shop would fix all the hassle. But i really hope it grow bigger then that. My biggest concern is,who would sell runes and herbs anyway? Cause you never have too much of them..

I dont see how a runesmith would sell any runes due to the fact he needs them for himself. If he sells them ..then hes stuck with money he cant spend at all. Shaman wont sell herbs cause,obviously,they needs em aswell. Cause people even a troll with dark armor dark helm bh shield still hits me of 5-10 per shot...Cant hunt anything without stuff. Its hardcore and i like it but,i dont think we will see people selling stuff. (pots/herbs/runes)

edit; NVM about the troll part seems like they aint doing dmg anymore.

Last edited:
Ya but what happen if the player count stay at 15.... in order to grow you need to make those 15 people actually enjoy the server. But hopefully it gets more then that. Else everyone will be Mc'ing runesmith and shaman and making herbs and runes to supply w/e main they have. Which in the end is kinda useless cause a shop would fix all the hassle. But i really hope it grow bigger then that. My biggest concern is,who would sell runes and herbs anyway? Cause you never have too much of them..

I dont see how a runesmith would sell any runes due to the fact he needs them for himself. If he sells them ..then hes stuck with money he cant spend at all. Shaman wont sell herbs cause,obviously,they needs em aswell. Cause people even a troll with dark armor dark helm bh shield still hits me of 5-10 per shot...Cant hunt anything without stuff. Its hardcore and i like it but,i dont think we will see people selling stuff. (pots/herbs/runes)

This discussion should be on our forums, and not this thread. I'd like to continue it there, if you'd please.

sure...sry im used to use those forum. And im not complaining and such just kinda viewing stuff from a different perspective. No matter how it end up i like your server. Just trying to think farther then just implementing ideas. I like to go beyond that and think what the outcome will be/could be.

Edit: Posted on your forum as you asked.

Last edited:
when is this server going to go online? got a team interested in playing it, wanting to know.

Server is up 24/7 except for when we have a major bug or I'm reloading the map (1 minute downtime).

Sure, but playing the game is the only way bugs are found. Besides, I'm working on adding spells, monsters, items, and features, and I might as well have the server up rather than down.

Ye right.. Your adding stuff. Most of that doesnt change the fact you could be releasing the real thing ( people will have the feeling they're not wasting time ). And stuff you added can be simple fix. Ascalon come to my mind. Just check the thread. Started out pretty small.. They doing update ,changing dmg value etc even if its the real thing.

Cause the way your talking means it will take forever for the real thing. cause there will ALWAIS be thing to adjust and modify. Things to add. Creature to nerf. New npc to add ...New quest.

adding spells, monsters, items, and features is just an update.. Its up to you anyway,just some people might get bored or spend their vacancy week on server they wont get delete in a couple of days.

But keep up the good work. Your seriously doing a good job with your server so far. Ill be there at the release.

I like the map, but the town is too confusing and theres a difference between mapping for 'show off' and mapping for 'game play'. I think you went overboard on a lot of details and it's really making the town annoying to even be in. There's way to many NPC's walking around, it was a good idea but once again I think you went overboard on how many there are. There's not much direction in the town, and takes forever to explore it because you walk to slow (maybe increase base speed by 10-20 levels). Couldn't find the magic shop either because once again the town is cluttered as hell.

@Deadbringer, I know exactly how and what the server should have for release. Judging from how things are going so far, we have maybe 2 weeks to release. This game won't be perma-beta.

@SyntheticX, I can't increase the base speed :( and also, theres no magic shop. Could you point out any specific locations where npcs are getting in the way, because I've tried to thin out the number of npcs so that players dont spend too much time bumping into npcs.

@SyntheticX, I can't increase the base speed :( and also, theres no magic shop. Could you point out any specific locations where npcs are getting in the way, because I've tried to thin out the number of npcs so that players dont spend too much time bumping into npcs.

There's just too many NPCs in general, everywhere.

Back