• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] 9.54 100% Custom Server - Beta Testing begins Jul 25th, 2012!

Arn

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the Arnia BETA TESTING thread. We are currently looking for people who are interested in testing the server, looking for bugs, trying to find balance problems and exploitations. Before we get into all of that, let me tell you a bit about the server.

BETA IS CURRENTLY OVER, THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INCREDIBLE FEEDBACK! SERVER RELEASE DATE EXPECTED SOON!

Map
100% custom map
Total number of tiles: 568453
Total number of items: 836045
Total creature count: 2033
Total number of houses: 97

Host
Beta will be hosted on my personal computer and will be laggy at times. Once beta is over (1-2 weeks), the server will be relocated on a MINIMUM 200MB/s up server. This is a serious server, with serious dedication.

Classes
We currently have 6 classes, with plans to add 2-3 more in the very near future. All classes are unique, and incredibly fun to play. Click each link to read about the class!
Runesmith
Archer
Berserker
Necromancer
Storm Herald
Shaman

Monsters
A lot of monsters in real tibia become ridiculously easy after a few levels. In Arnia, many monsters have had their values changed to become more difficult and more exciting. In addition, damage in Arnia is much higher than real tibia, so the health of monsters has been increased to match player strength. Lastly, there are many many custom monsters currently, with many more to come.

Spells
We took a very new approach to spells. For one, the old spell word system is gone, and the spell name is also the spell words. This makes it very easy to remember your spells and very easy to tell what the opponent is using in pvp. In addition, there are many spells that have (as far as I know) never been done before. Read below!

Bouncing Arrow(archer): Fire an arrow that bounces between targets. The number of bounces increases per level!

Lootbag Rune(runesmith): Use the first charge on your lootbag after hiding it under a tree. Use the second charge on yourself, and the lootbag will appear underneath you! If the lootbag has been moved or stolen from its original position, the spell cancels.

Undead Army(necromancer): Summon an undead minion to fight by your side. The number of summons increases with level as well as the type of summon. For example, a level 8 necromancer can summon a skeleton or a skeleton warrior, max summons 2. A level 40 necromancer has a maximum sum cap of 6, with summons as strong as demon skeletons or vampires.

Stormwarp(storm herald): Teleports you to a city if your health is full and your out of combat. This ability to teleport from town to town makes the storm herald a favorite!

The list goes on and on. We have so many unique spells with so many more to come. You can read more on the class pages. See this.

Custom Systems and Major Changes
We took a look at some of the traditional things that Tibia has done and made some major changes to make the game more fun.

Potions: Potions are crafted by combining multiple herbs together. Herbs are found on the floor, looted from monsters, made by players, and obtained through quests. Each time a potion is made, the potion is random. Additionally, the chance of getting a better potion is rarer the better the potion is. Lastly, all potions have had their level requirements removed so that even a level 8 can use the best potions. Crafting potions gives xp! Read more here.

Food: Most food types have been kept the same, while others have been changed. Blueberries are now much more efficient and have been renamed magical blueberries. The blueberry bush also gives experience when you pick it! Additionally, we have re-introduced the bread system to make it some of the best food around with all stages of the bread making system giving experience. Lastly, the best food can only be obtained from hunting strong monsters like dragon ham fro dragons. Read more here and here.

Rune Combination: Lower level runes are never bad! In fact, they can be combined at rune altars to make better runes. Additionally, combining runes gives experience per rune! See more here.

Market: The market system works! Yay!

Armor/Weapon Crafting: The system is still currently under development, but will very soon allow players to craft armor and weapons from less useful items.

Mounts / Outfits: We have mounts and outfits, although they are currently not obtainable in the beta (at this point). System is coming soon!

Player Tokens: While pking has always been somewhat of a controversial issue in Tibia, we feel that a free world is a better world, and we offer players who defeat other players bragging rights. For example, when you slay a player above a certain level, you'll get a body part of them (skull, eye, toe, etc) with their name on it!

Tutorial Island: All these features are explained incredibly well in our in-game tutorial island system. You finish the entire island in less than 2 minutes and learn all of the things you've been reading about. Additionally all stages of tutorial island are rewarded with experience and starting items.

NPCS: We've decided to make the game more realistic, and all the towns and cities are populated by lots of npcs that do various actions, add flavor text, and make the town feel more alive! Npcs will all be eventually tied into the quest system.

Mining: Mining gives you a chance to get valuable gems from ore. This system is included in the tutorial island.

jCjFo.png

Advanced Spellbook: This feature is coming very soon, but we plan to have all the detailed information that we have on spells on the website, in game. That means you'll be able to open you spellbook, see all the spells, the mana cost, soul cost, cooldown, exhaust, and even THE DAMAGE FORMULA!

Edit: Advanced spellbook is done! See below:
iTOS6.png

Gates: We decided it would be really cool to allow players to control gates at the entry to dungeons and cities. Heres an example of a huge gate at the main entrance to our cit Kreiq. Hitting the lever raises and lowers the gate!

5.png

Beta Information:
If you'd like to leave feedback, do some mapping, or anything else, please check out our forums over at: Arnia Forums - Index

Screenshots
You can find our entire collection of screenshots HERE. Please check them out! Here are some examples!

8.png
14.png

18.png
26.png

6.png
16.png

Attachments

Last edited:
It has been a great experience mapping all this with you and creating this server with you, I have gown so much as a mapper and all-around Open Tibia!
Im so looking forward to keep this project going and have some awesome updates. Is has been alot of hours work, and finally it all will come live for everyone to see!
I havent been playing Open Tibia as a player for years, but this, I would defenetly play it!

All of you our there, this will be a revolution in Open Tibia history!
Go live on the beta and give all the feedback you can, good or bad.
And after that, enjoy the amazing world of Arnia! I pormise you, you won't get disapointed!

Small edit: My 100th post, yaay!

Will try this when i get time i guess,looks totally awsome.... You said the release will be in 1-2 weeks right?

Depending on the feedback I get from beta yes. If theres more work to be done, then it'll take longer ( i doubt it). If its done early, then its done early!

Tomorrow is the big day of the Beta event startup!

Prepare for your biggest adventure in Open Tibia so far, as said, you won't get disapointed!

Thanks for all the positive responses! I thought I'd try to share some of the spells I've been making. They look rather boring the screenshots, since you can't see all that they do in a single moment. Also, the place I'm doing it in is my GM Isle testing grounds :p

1. Blade storm. Locking you in place, spinning and throwing swords and axes at all foes!
2. Bouncing shot. Bounces an arrow at all your targets. You can see in the screenshot that that arrow didn't come from me and has already bounces several times. ;)
3. Eye of Gathuul. Summon an eye that decimates your opponents with energy damage!
4. The new Herb Pouches that I introduced today as a means of obtaining herbs. You loot them off creatures and get experience for opening them. You also get more experience when you get more herbs (luck based).

Enjoy!

vOklD.png
RXNBv.png

SXmeQ.png
TSiJz.png

Decided to tease a little bit more since interest in the Beta is so high. Heres a couple more!

1, 2, 3: Animal companions. They level up with you, gaining health, attack speed, defense, and movement speed. The outfit of the animal is random so yes, you could have a yeti animal companion at level 8. Shown here are 3 of about 25 different companions you can have.
4. Burst storm. Firing several burst arrows around your target.
5. Undead Army. Here you can see some of the types of undead minions you can summon. Yes they all have separate abilities and stats. Shown here are about half the undead summons.

685nC.png
RCrpL.png
bn1WR.png

mZnsd.png

4yBtF.png

Enjoy!

Summoning an army of undead dragon is something ive never dream of....til now.

=) It gets better.

Some of the incredibly hard world raid bosses are going to drop runes of chaos. They will allow you to spawn wild (hostile) monsters wherever you choose (single use rune). P.S. Use it at the dp lol.

=) It gets better.

Some of the incredibly hard world raid bosses are going to drop runes of chaos. They will allow you to spawn wild (hostile) monsters wherever you choose (single use rune). P.S. Use it at the dp lol.

Dude that remind me of ragnarok where you could summon high ass mobs right outside the castle where people would sell their shit. You've got some nice idea in there i just hope it gets kinda like...rpg'ish/low rate and not like rush to max lvl with tp and infinite stuff .. Sure it will probably need adjusting but stuff like that can be change as the game grows . I just hope this is as good as it looks on paper(on a thread actually).

Back