• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] OldTibia 7.4 - Tasks/Staged EXP/Active Staff

@Adnan Keskin - Server goes live Friday @ 3PM EST.

@Lifer420 - Ah, I understand now. Well to be honest, we have changed some spell formulas due the problem you are stating which includw (sd, gfb, hmm, and explosions) also (Ultimate Explosion & Exori & Paralyze).

The reason for the reset, well "reasons" are as follow:
-On launch last time, it required 20 kills to be banned which allowed LOTS of random Player Killing. (Changed to 4 kills = ban, 3 kills = red skull)
-Exhausts were definitely not 7.4 values, as Heal and Combat exhaust were separate rather than being on the same definition.
-We have also added/fixed many other 7.4 mechanics that weren't present in the last era. (Example: Can't rope with items on rope spot)
-Another update is the Premium Benefits, before being premium was basically required in order to complete tasks and enjoy the game. With this era, everyone can do tasks, buy houses, use beds.
-Port Hope's issues have been fixed, Boat PZ, Depot and Ferries.
-Monster Attacks are now properly set for 2 second spell attacks, rather than 1 second.
-Also the fact the server became inactive because of these problems, so I figured lets restart with the proper values in place this time.
-The list goes on, and on, and on.

Regards,
GM Exploze from www.oldtibia.net

Last edited:
3 Days until launch! Hope you guys are ready, we will be doing events all weekend long giving away free premium and other special goodies!

Regards,

I should get some points just for showing you bugs/random shit that was wrong wit the last version + being the only player online for a few days xD! <3

Returning players will most definitely be rewarded, I mean unless you return just for free points/premium. I will not give them to you if you ask for them or just so happened to play last era. But if you were an active member like Kiperlana, Chinatown, Embyonic, Meepo, etc then most likely you will get surprise visit from GM Exploze with some gifts! :)

Don't let this discourage new comers or old players who weren't that active though, as I said we will be doing events all weekend for people who are online/playing this era.
If you are playing, hopefully you can participate and win some premium time!

I will be doing random questions, hiding items, and even hiding myself in order to reward you over the weekend. We are bound to have some fun, hopefully I'll see you there mate.

P.S. - Anyone who constantly helped out will be rewarded as well. Simply mention which bugs you helped on, and that you are playing this era and I will get to you in my runs.

Regards,

I was the most active once I started, it was me and 1 other guy playing together. I can't remember his name, but we added each other on skype and stuff, he was awesome :) Oh yeah, as im typing, I remembered. His mage was Karthus, and he had every voc haha. But you can't really buy anything but premium with the points anyway, but i'd take that :) I helped everyone when I played (all that came on anyway) and I also applied for tutor! The application may still be on the forums ;D I'll most likely end up playing again.

Wonderful, if you are still interested in the tutor position let me know. Because after 2-3 days I will be going through and asking a few players if they would like to be tutor, and help us grow. So keep an eye out for me ;D

Will do. And of course i'm still interested. That way, all the time I do get to play, I can be playing AND helping others - like always.

@Dynamics - Yep, we use a daily frag timer. So 4 daily frags to ban; frag counter resets 24 hours after your last frag. I may raise it to 5-6 when the server is online and has a decent population. But right now, 3 kills a day is more than enough. Remember, you are always allowed to protect yourself from other skulled players with no frag limit attached. If you wish to kill people when playing OldTibia, focus on the Anti-PK broadcast in game and track down the PKers within the 15 minute skull time.

@Lifer420 - Wonderful, its always great to have players like you!

@Topic - Starts in less than 2 days, are you ready for Friday!?

7.4 Feature Alert:
I have also managed to add UH Trap, so if 2 or more parcels/blocking items are on the path than you can not walk there.
Also if you try to rope up where there are items it will not allow you, the floor must be cleared.

Regards,
GM Exploze at www.oldtibia.net

Last edited:
New updates:
-If items are blocking a rope spot, then you can't rope.
-UH Trap is added.
-If 2 blocking items on tile, than cannot walk. (ex: parcel)
-GFB, SD, HMM, LMM damages have been properly adjusted.

1 Day left, get ready for www.oldtibia.net!

Regards,
GM Exploze

So what is ur plans to prevent what happend before when this server got ddosed and shut down? do you have any planes to fight this? i remember you wanted donations to prevent ddos attacks but i am asking you right now why should people decide to play on this server and not for example mastercores? what makes this server so attractive to a player that want a old school experince and dont want to have a 1-2 day server? please get back to me

@Syzlak - Are you on the wrong server advertisement? We never had an offline time other than reboots for updates/server saves. I don't know if you're confused with maybe OriginalTibia or another server with a similar name; but I can assure you we didn't have any problems with DDOS or offline times.

Well to start off, Mastercores has hotkeys enabled; we do not. What makes this server so attractive? I care about my players and am constantly updating the server to be the best it can be. I have spent the past 5-6 months correcting all values to match 7.4 features. As I have stated in the change logs, we are 99.9% 7.4 now with this launch. Our beta fixed a lot of issues, but when we launched we got some true old school players and I was able to gain some valuable information from them which has been used to better OldTibia for this launch.

The server has been online for 4-5 months, and is not prone to resets. Beta lasted 2 months (everyone was warned from the beginning about putting characters back to level 8 when we go live), launch lasted 2 months as-well and now we are relaunching for most likely the last time due to everything being fixed + server becoming inactive due to the problems. With everything fixed now, you can expect the server to not relaunch for atleast 8+ months if all goes well. Now that all source edits have been done to match 7.4 values, I am going through the entire server and adding all Old School Lore items, and making quests 100% like 7.4 with proper dialogs. Over time I hope to sculpt a masterpiece with the help of some supportive players.

Hope that cleared it up!

@53701688 - I can't wait either!

Regards,
GM Exploze of www.oldtibia.net

So what is ur plans to prevent what happend before when this server got ddosed and shut down? do you have any planes to fight this? i remember you wanted donations to prevent ddos attacks but i am asking you right now why should people decide to play on this server and not for example mastercores? what makes this server so attractive to a player that want a old school experince and dont want to have a 1-2 day server? please get back to me

Yeah, this OT for some reason, even hunting necros/dragons I felt like it was a waste of time. The exp was terrible and I had to use HOURS worth of runes that were gone in like an hour. That's why I quit (and being the only person online) but idk if he changed that. I asked him to raise the exp a few X per stage, but idk if he is.

@Lifer420 - As stated above, I have taken alot of time to make it more enjoyable. I am always online, message the instant you feel somethings is a little off. The EXP has been raised, and I had no complaints about them before other than the ending stage being 1x. Even still I raised them all by a few notches. Runes now have proper 7.4 damage values, so maybe that was also why you weren't exping at the pace you feel is normal. But either way, please let me know tomorrow if you like the changes or not.

Regards,

Here's the differences for you to compare ;D

Old Rates:
  • Level 8 to Level 19 = 20x
  • Level 20 to Level 29 = 15x
  • Level 30 to Level 39 = 13x
  • Level 40 to Level 49 = 10x
  • Level 50 to Level 59 = 7x
  • Level 60 to Level 69 = 6x
  • Level 70 to Level 79 = 5x
  • Level 80 to Level 89 = 4x
  • Level 90 to Level 94 = 3x
  • Level 95 to Level 99 = 2x
  • Level 100+ = 1x

New Rates:
  • Level 8 to Level 20 = 20x (difference = same as before)
  • Level 21 to Level 40 = 12x (difference = +1.5x) (level to level change)
  • Level 41 to Level 60 = 10x (difference = +2x) (level to level change)
  • Level 61 to Level 70 = 8x (difference = +2x)
  • Level 71 to Level 80 = 5x (difference = same as before)
  • Level 81 to Level 90 = 4x (difference = same as before)
  • Level 91 to Level 120 = 3x (difference = +1x) (level to level change)
  • Level 121 to Level 150 = 2x (difference = +1x) (level to level change)
  • Level 151 to Level * = 1.5x (difference = +.5x) (level change)
The idea with the new rates is that it is fairly easy to reach the Level 50-60 range, and then gradually becomes much harder. Also I should point out my "difference" amounts are just guestimations. lulz! Since the (level to level) differs I'm just guessing the math for it.

Regards,

Last edited:
All its fine but this system informating about killing ( justified or unjustified ) its shit rlly ruining gameplay, i am not random pk but everyone dont must know who die now and by who, and one more thing its frag limit 4 to ban its sick ... please take it to 6 its rlly better. 3 to rs good 6 to ban its perfect.

Back