• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Rise Of Abbadon 8.60 - 100% Custom RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a tool to deal with botters us pking them? wont that just increase our frags so now we will drop more items when we die? that doesnt seem like a great tool to me...

Bias GMs dont automatically mean they are corrupt. TBH I would be bias towards my friends. But, in what way? I know where my limits are. I know that certain things must be dealt with in certain ways.. but that will never change the fact that im bias.

Bias GMs are corrupt no matter what you say. If you're bias towards your friends that means they are getting an advantage over everyone else creating an unfair advantage which I consider corrupt. It doesn't matter how bias you are, anything from telling information from giving items to banning for stupid reason, or anything else it's all bias and unfair.

Bias GMs are corrupt no matter what you say. If you're bias towards your friends that means they are getting an advantage over everyone else creating an unfair advantage which I consider corrupt. It doesn't matter how bias you are, anything from telling information from giving items to banning for stupid reason, or anything else it's all bias and unfair.

Bias bias bias biasb iasbisabisbaisbaibaisbiasbias

Dude. I wouldn't think that neither of the GMs/GODs are corrupt on this server, you might have your suspicions but without proof, don't come say shit.

Bias bias bias biasb iasbisabisbaisbaibaisbiasbias

Dude. I wouldn't think that neither of the GMs/GODs are corrupt on this server, you might have your suspicions but without proof, don't come say shit.

YOu friend of GM or just some random guy licking ass?

edit: Liking

I'm a fan of the server and i'm defending the GMs in this case because you're just posting bullshit. You say you want more lore, this server is a massive war and you need a team to exit temple? Well, that's all just fucking bullshit. If you want lore, go play WoW, i'm sure they are doing what they can to make it as much as an rpgish feeling as possible, but it's not easy and you're demanding gold from a server that is being created by two people.

I personally have a hard time leaving the temple without someone trying to kill me lmfao. & Isn't it 3 people? Sport~ Flat~, and Heart~

Is a tool to deal with botters us pking them? wont that just increase our frags so now we will drop more items when we die? that doesnt seem like a great tool to me...

Our goal is to actually make it more profitable to hunt manually than bot. But killing botters is always an option too.
I for one know that any time I see a botter in my spawn they are dead... lol actually I always kill anyone that is in my spawn but botters are basically free money for people willing to pk them.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a fan of the server and i'm defending the GMs in this case because you're just posting bullshit. You say you want more lore, this server is a massive war and you need a team to exit temple? Well, that's all just fucking bullshit. If you want lore, go play WoW, i'm sure they are doing what they can to make it as much as an rpgish feeling as possible, but it's not easy and you're demanding gold from a server that is being created by two people.

RoA is built as an RPG server, PvP is just in so you can kill people.
The more freedom you have in a sandbox game, the better it is in my opinion. Non-Pvp would be so incredibly boring in my opinion.

If you create an Anti-Botter Police Force and go around killing botters, that is RPG, you are Role Playing as a Police Force that enforces rules that you think all players should abide.
If they create the Botters 'R' Us guild and fight back, then they are the evil organization that opposes the "good" players.

Without "bad" players there cannot be fun wars and rivalry in PvP.

I personally have a hard time leaving the temple without someone trying to kill me lmfao. & Isn't it 3 people? Sport~ Flat~, and Heart~

I can afk on trainers with my level 50's, nobody attacks me. Guess i'm just one in a million then.

So its war server...as i already mention,nothing against it. Why do they get all mad when i say its a pvp/war oriented server when its right what your saying it is? You make no sense.

I can afk on trainers with my level 50's, nobody attacks me. Guess i'm just one in a million then.

It depends on WHO you are.
Someone found me training in dragons, with 3 other level 40+s,
They only killed my character and left the other two EVEN THOUGH there is no Bounty System yet.
If you are hated they will come after you, if you aren't hated they will leave you alone.

Also, that is RPG, your character has enemies on the server!? That is RPG, a war server means the GOAL of the server is to kill the other players, on this server in PvP you gain nothing, people PvP on RoA because it is fun to them and they enjoy it. We don't support their decision and reward them for it, in fact with the Bounty Hunter system we will punish random pking, and allow Wars Between consenting parties.

Bounty hunter system being implemented.

If you die to a player, you will drop your backpack.

If you die to a monster, you will drop nothing.

If you kill a player, you will increase your chance in dropping items.

Good luck

- HeartlessX

You're focusing on the PVP aspect too early, at this moment in your servers progress it shouldn't even be considered yet... First you should attempt to finish working on character development and the servers content/foundation because it clearly isn't finished from what I've seen.

If this server didn't have the title "Rise of Abaddon" pinned to it, it'd have 1/10 of the players playing here during this time. Players are here for hope of the return of the server they once loved and was known for its RPG aspects, uniqueness and character personalization.

Finish building the foundation and you can then decide whether or not your server is fit to be adding in extra, albeit, perhaps unnecessary, systems but that's not for me to decide I suppose.

Whether or not players are judging the future of the server on the servers state now, it's YOUR responsibility not to get EMOTIONAL from their feedback because it is FEEDBACK and you should be glad for it because from this feedback you can form your server to be what the OT community is looking for. From my perspective, you haven't been getting what you should from these testers.

If you're not ready for players to be testing what you've finished so far and want to build the server on your preferences, then you should hire a selected few of testers and close off the server from the community until its finished because truth be told, it's very far from being finished.

You're focusing on the PVP aspect too early, at this moment in your servers progress it shouldn't even be considered yet... First you should attempt to finish working on character development and the servers content/foundation because it clearly isn't finished from what I've seen.

If this server didn't have the title "Rise of Abaddon" pinned to it, it'd have 1/10 of the players playing here during this time. Players are here for hope of the return of the server they once loved and was known for its RPG aspects, uniqueness and character personalization.

Finish building the foundation and you can then decide whether or not your server is fit to be adding in extra, albeit, perhaps unnecessary, systems but that's not for me to decide I suppose.

Whether or not players are judging the future of the server on the servers state now, it's YOUR responsibility not to get EMOTIONAL from their feedback because it is FEEDBACK and you should be glad for it because from this feedback you can form your server to be what the OT community is looking for. From my perspective, you haven't been getting what you should from these testers.

If you're not ready for players to be testing what you've finished so far and want to build the server on your preferences, then you should hire a selected few of testers and close off the server from the community until its finished because truth be told, it's very far from being finished.

This is the same conversation I just had..

Please.. please.. PLEASE explain how we are focusing on the pvp aspect too early. All we literally did was ONE thing. Add a bounty system. So PLEASE, expand on it, since no one can. HOW have we been focusing on pvp and please explain how we haven't been working on character development and server content.. lol just unreal

And no one is getting emotional, we even consistently tell players to give feedback. Here is what you have to realize and if you can't, just don't even bother posting again.

"This server is war server, people just kill you as soon as you step outside" - That is not feedback.

Please quote any person's "feedback" were we have gotten emotional and not actually taken it into consideration or discussed.

Did I ever say the server was close in being finished? In order to get a server perfected, you need testers. When I have stated I'm not ready for players. I have no clue as to where you're getting your information from and you're just talking non-sense at the moment, just don't bother posting on this forum thread anymore.

Thanks anyways,

- HeartlessX

Last edited:

Have you even been playing the server?
It has been plagued with constant mass killings. We don't want to make it Non-PvP, so we took a break from making quests to make a system that will protect people from Mass Killings.

Besides the Elf boss, pvp is ALL you have talked about or done for the last week or so. Not going to judge how you run the server, but perhaps your time could be better used elsewhere, in the meantime disable pvp except for an arena.

This is the same conversation I just had..

Please.. please.. PLEASE explain how we are focusing on the pvp aspect too early. All we literally did was ONE thing. Add a bounty system. So PLEASE, expand on it, since no one can. HOW have we been focusing on pvp and please explain how we haven't been working on character development and server content.. lol just unreal

And no one is getting emotional, we even consistently tell players to give feedback. Here is what you have to realize and if you can't, just don't even bother posting again.

"This server is war server, people just kill you as soon as you step outside" - That is not feedback.

Please quote any person's "feedback" were we have gotten emotional and not actually taken it into consideration or discussed.

Did I ever say the server was close in being finished? In order to get a server perfected, you need testers. When I have stated I'm not ready for players. I have no clue as to where you're getting your information from and you're just talking non-sense at the moment, just don't bother posting on this forum thread anymore.

Thanks anyways,

- HeartlessX

The bounty hunter system ALONE is unnecessary at the moment (being the pvp aspect), there are "...mass killings" on your server because there's currently nothing to do but hunt on it. Best solution to that would probably be non-pvp for now just so players can focus on the content being tested.

You're not taking what I said into consideration and jumping to conclusions, I never said you "...haven't been working on character development and server content", I said you should be FOCUSing on character development and server content.

You are clearly getting emotional with the feedback people give you and even in the latest response you gave to me, telling me to no longer give you feedback is evidence of that.

"This server is war server, people just kill you as soon as you step outside" - Of course that is feedback... you just have to interpret the problem the player is having and think of a possible solution. (You can connect it to players resorting to pking due to lack of content, frags are to low for RS, time for protection zone lock etc.)

I understand you don't have much experience being an owner but you should attempt to take in what other people are telling you instead of completely zoning it out, you act as if we're all against where we are only trying to help you build your server for us all to enjoy.

I haven't accused you of saying the server is anywhere near to being finished, I'm simply stating the truth. Of course you need testers, thats why I suggested you hired an experienced few whos feedback you, yourself can positively take in.

Besides the Elf boss, pvp is ALL you have talked about or done for the last week or so. Not going to judge how you run the server, but perhaps your time could be better used elsewhere, in the meantime disable pvp except for an arena.

Not going to get piety here, but I could show you a list of other things I have been working on for the last week, but I 'd prefer if you took my word on it.

You must remember that all three of us have FULL-TIME jobs, and other commitments outside of Tibia, with that in consideration, we've done a lot the last week.

As far us "focusing too much on PVP".. well, PVP is the CORNERSTONE of Tibia. The fact that Tibia offers open world pvp is it's biggest attraction. PVP, and how prevalent it is, also sets the pacing of the game, and controlling how prevalent PVP is, allows us to see how people progress through the game. PVP WILL be apart of RoA, and thus it massively effects the pacing of the game.

People do not PVP -just- because "there is nothing else to do", it is a HUGE gameplay element of Tibia, and is apart of the server, making it "content" as well. How a player interacts in the Gameworld, and the other people in it, is character development.

Furthermore, PVP is a base system of the server, and how it is on the server effects how quests, spells, and even monsters are handled, and made. It is impossible to make other parts of the game without taking it into consideration.

Case in point.. Take World of Warcraft. NONE of their "raids" would work, if Open World PVP was apart of the game. It would be next to impossible to beat any of the raids if Tibias base game mechanics were in.

That is also why we want to finish the base systems of the server first, so we don't have to constantly revise monsters/spells/quests/etc because we changed how one of the base systems worked.

Not going to get piety here, but I could show you a list of other things I have been working on for the last week, but I 'd prefer if you took my word on it.

You must remember that all three of us have FULL-TIME jobs, and other commitments outside of Tibia, with that in consideration, we've done a lot the last week.

As far us "focusing too much on PVP".. well, PVP is the CORNERSTONE of Tibia. The fact that Tibia offers open world pvp is it's biggest attraction. PVP, and how prevalent it is, also sets the pacing of the game, and controlling how prevalent PVP is, allows us to see how people progress through the game. PVP WILL be apart of RoA, and thus it massively effects the pacing of the game.

People do not PVP -just- because "there is nothing else to do", it is a HUGE gameplay element of Tibia, and is apart of the server, making it "content" as well. How a player interacts in the Gameworld, and the other people in it, is character development.

Furthermore, PVP is a base system of the server, and how it is on the server effects how quests, spells, and even monsters are handled, and made. It is impossible to make other parts of the game without taking it into consideration.

Case in point.. Take World of Warcraft. NONE of their "raids" would work, if Open World PVP was apart of the game. It would be next to impossible to beat any of the raids if Tibias base game mechanics were in.

That is also why we want to finish the base systems of the server first, so we don't have to constantly revise monsters/spells/quests/etc because we changed how one of the base systems worked.

I like this guy ^

I posted earlier in the forum that the mass pking was a problem. Its making people run from the server due to the simple fact that there is NO LIMIT to pk. No repercussions, nothing. Removing PvP completely would take away a very large aspect of the server and I agree that it helps build the foundation of the server. So, by eliminating the idea of removing PvP.. It was a good idea to implement something that reduces the mass pk. You have players who will go out of there way to pk EVERYONE in town. Some new players would finally get level 20 and just get facerolled non stop. It was a smart move to implement the system. Also take into mind that the server is far from complete, so this testing period could go on for a couple months... In other words, all this complaining about wasting a week that could be used on a different aspect of the game.. Regardless of what the week was used for at some point in time it had to be done. We as the community-players are ALL waiting for the RPG aspect. We ALL want the server to be complete so that we can dive into the many wonders of the amazing RoA.. but it takes time. Everyone was given the opportunity to participate in testing-they chose to release it as alpha test... WHY is everyone complaining about how they choose to test/create their server. And all of you are correct, they should be taking the community's advice if they want a successful server. But just because 4-5 of you decide to post on forums that they are focusing too much on PvP doesn't mean that the rest of the server's players agree with you. For one it isn't complete, so if you have a problem with the way the server is right now go find another server to occupy your time until the final release.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back