• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Rise Of Abbadon 8.60 - 100% Custom RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
A huge part of me wants to put up the exact exact replica copy of the original ROA based from 8.1 server and watch how:

1. No one gave a sh!t about the storyline since the only way you would actually know the storyline was, being able to get access to the library in each city which had 7 books where you would have to sit there and read each one to know anything. If you could explain why it's called ROA and what the general storyline is, I would be VERY impressed.

2. How the storyline wasn't even incorporated with the gameplay other than changing the names of a couple of monsters

3. See how unbalanced and useless a majority of the 40 vocations were.

4. How if you didn't donate for t5, you would basically sit a tree and lumberjack it down every 5minutes until you got enough tokens to buy t1, and keep doing that until you got eq.

5. How boring it really was.

At the end of the day, I still will be bringing the original aspect of ROA back but everyone has to realize that, this era of ROA won't be the same one you saw 5 years ago.

Abbadon was a child found on a battle field by the then lord, he was taken in as a foster child and grew up with his adopted brother, who turned evil when Abbadon was made lord over him. Sanctum was created from a frozen wasteland when they found a magical object mining wasn't it? That's all I remember.

Anyway, I was not saying the old RoA was balanced or fun by any means (unless you were a sharpshooter of course). I did enjoy reading the stories in the library's in all the cities and the way the bosses back then were tied into that story was very interesting. I actually like the current RoA you have created much more than Bill's, it is already more balanced and the way to acquire tiers is much more enjoyable.

It is just somewhat annoying that you can barley walk out of the DP with out someone attacking you once you hit 20.

the guy is actually saying that lvl 50 will just make alt lvl 20 char with good weapon and drop newbie lvl 20...Those will quit due to their inability to compete agaisnt other player having main chars.. In the short term it doesnt matter..in the long run,you dont want to lose as many player as i think your gonna lose.

It happens in every OT and even in real tibia. I can log on real tibia, make a level 20, work my way up and a level 45 MS can come kill me and i'll drop my BP with everything in it. Does that mean I should quit?

If you can't handle dieing, don't play tibia lol (not directing this at you, just saying in general). It's the risk you take, and it makes it that much more exciting.

And just taking it into perspective, even if you did lose your backpack, all you would lose is your potions and loot you just obtained. Which isn't game breaking, you could still work your way up. If you carry every bit of gold you own, that's just dumb, and you deserve to drop it. There is a depot for a reason.

I honestly don't want to budge or move my idea on dropping backpacks, and it will most likely stay.

Last edited:
It happens in every OT and even in real tibia. I can log on real tibia, make a level 20, work my way up and a 45 MS can come kill me and i`ll drop my BP with everything in it. Does that mean I should quit?

If you can't handle dieing, don't play tibia lol (not directing this at you, just saying in general). It's the risk you take, and it makes it that much more exciting.

And just taking it into perspective, even if you did lose your backpack, all you would lose your potions and loot you just obtained. Which isn't game breaking, you could still work your way up. If you carry every bit of gold you own, then that is just dumb. There is a depot for a reason.

I honestly don't want to budge or move my idea on dropping backpacks, and it will most likely stay.

What is to prevent me from killing every level 30- that i see and stealing their loot, I will get rich and new players will be quilting by the dozens, if i die all i lose is some t1 armors and I gain tons of loot through my mass pking, as to your anti-move loot you will implement, what stops me from looting them with a second character that doesn't pk and then send the loot through parcel to my main ( I can use bot to have a lvl 19 follow me and loot everyone i kill preventing loss of items.

Just the way it is i guess...play while people are still playing and quit with the mass if it comes.

The problem might not be from dropping loot but from losing exp and time..

As of right now, I think that allowing peoples backpacks and armors to drop would be a bad idea. People like Adposatnr and Rozpiernicz Poziom Hard run around PKing people lower than them without limit. Once thoes low levels drop things they wouldn't even bother hunting, they would just PK.

And then a high level comes and bashes them, they drop items, they stop pking.

As of right now, I think that allowing peoples backpacks and armors to drop would be a bad idea. People like Adposatnr and Rozpiernicz Poziom Hard run around PKing people lower than them without limit. Once thoes low levels drop things they wouldn't even bother hunting, they would just PK.

There IS a limit, its called BOUNTY.
If I go around killing all these low levels, I'll gain BOUNTY, the more bounty I have for killing people with no shields, the MORE items I drop when I die.
We will also have "Most Wanted" posters in town, where just looking at them will show all the mass killers so people can hunt them and get good Equipment Drops when they kill them.

Good luck mass pking with no items.

This is literally a war server now, I used to love ROA because I had so much fun RPG'ing now it's just constant PVP. Step out of depot pk, go hunt somewhere pk, go do a quest pk, train somewhere pk, there is no end to this madness. There are tons of power abusers and I've seen and heard tons and tons of people quitting because of all of this, including me. This server just keeps taking the wrong turns and is getting a lot worse. I also feel like gms do more of what they want, instead of the players which I don't understand at all. At the rate it going at I don't see it being successful, it's such a pity seeing a good server with so much potential go to waste.

This is literally a war server now, I used to love ROA because I had so much fun RPG'ing now it's just constant PVP. Step out of depot pk, go hunt somewhere pk, go do a quest pk, train somewhere pk, there is no end to this madness. There are tons of power abusers and I've seen and heard tons and tons of people quitting because of all of this, including me. This server just keeps taking the wrong turns and is getting a lot worse. I also feel like gms do more of what they want, instead of the players which I don't understand at all. At the rate it going at I don't see it being successful, it's such a pity seeing a good server with so much potential go to waste.

You have to take into consideration that it is alpha testing for a reason. The rules/scripts for PVP have not yet been implemented. The current PvP is nothing of what the real server will be like. People should realize when coming to this server right now that it is in testing. If you already have the mindset that it going to be "ALL FANTASTIC RPG AMAZING OP GOOD SERVER" while in Alpha testing, you ARE going to be disappointed. Right now the server isn't necessarily meant to please people. It's meant to be played so that the owner/scripters/mappers can work with bugs, add new systems, scripts.. so that when its complete it WILL be that ALL FANTASTIC RPG AMAZING OP GOOD SERVER. But why judge the server while its incomplete? And if your only arguement is why are you releasing a server thats incomplete.... well stupid question/answer... because it is for TESTING. TESTING PURPOSES.

You judge a server while its in testing. You act as if your character is going to be saved anyways. And that all the hard work/effort you put into it right now will pay off. IT WONT. ALPHA TESTING. So who the F cares if you get pk'd a couple times? It takes like 5 minutes to get back the exp/skill loss that we currently receive. Max level right now is basically 50 and it takes all of 1-2 days to get 50 right now.

Last edited:
The biggest reason people like RoA is for the rpg feeling, building your character, quests et al. Some people like the pvp also, others don't. The people working on the server have a limited ammount of time per day to work on the server. Every second spent working on features that less than half of RoA players are interested in is a second not working on post 50 areas, vocations, lock picking, quests et al.

That's not judgement or opinion. It's cold hard fact.
Although I am guesstimating the ammount of people interested in pvp as a primary focus, it could be a little more or a lot less, bearing in mind that the majority of players will never post here.

They works on pvp way to much. Its their focus obviously. Thats what they're showing so far. No rpg feeling on this server. I didnt played the first server but this is jhust a war server with different voc to me.Mostly why i stopped playing actually.

Why do you have "issues" in quotation marks as if its a lie and there are no actual problems. Why the fuck else would the website be offline lol.

Your IQ seems not to be so high..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back