• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Rise Of Abbadon 8.60 - 100% Custom RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
They works on pvp way to much. Its their focus obviously. Thats what they're showing so far. No rpg feeling on this server. I didnt played the first server but this is jhust a war server with different voc to me.Mostly why i stopped playing actually.

Adding in the Bounty Hunter System - less than 50 lines of code

Adding in the [Boss] Rizo quest we are working on - over 1000 lines of code

You - can go fuck yourself while I work on this server.

By the way, we increased lootrate by 2x (which means now you have a 40% chance of looting a creature product)
***This did not increase Tier 1 Loot***

Tonight we add in the Bounty Hunter quest and reset everyone's !stats and that will take care of most PKing after a few days. The REASON we are working on this first is BECAUSE of all the random pking.

They works on pvp way to much. Its their focus obviously. Thats what they're showing so far. No rpg feeling on this server. I didnt played the first server but this is jhust a war server with different voc to me.Mostly why i stopped playing actually.

That is the most ignorant thing I've read on this forum thread. As if you know what the fuck "our main focus" is. We literally work on the OT every - single - day, spending hours on it as soon as we get back home from work and work on every aspect of the OT.

And you're going to sit there and judge it based off the - TEST SERVER, where there is A LOT still to be done. Yes, I said "TEST SERVER"

It still amazes me how SO MANY people still make it seem like this is the final release and they payed $60 to play and are not receiving their money's worth towards the OT.

If you guys can't handle an alpha test server, just log off and come back when the server is complete. I'm on this thread to receive opinions and suggestions, but when you guys make ignorant or invalid statements, it's just going to get ignored from now on.

- HeartlessX

This weekend the [Boss] Rizo quest will be released, I wonder how long it'll take for the first team to complete it ^_^.

Cool! looking forward to it! :)
Also, seem like XP is back at 1x and elfbot looting stopped working once again.
Not neccessarily a bad thing, but it's really strange though, cause first it worked fine, and then all out of the blue it started working again, and now once again it has stopped working.

Something that could be added would be viable hunting spawns. Right now people usually go rots 8-20, then they head to slimes/gazers/bonelords, and stay there until 50 or they go Cyclops & Dragons. I haven't heard of anyone that hunts Elves or Dwarves. You could try to make a spawn of creatures that's not usually hunted, or make a team hunting spawn, which is hard to hunt for yourself, but really profitable to go hunt with a friend at, like perhaps a slightly stronger Gozzler spawn, or maybe something like a minor cult spawn or a Dwarf Geomancer spawn. This would be really cool and it brings out a more variety of mobs to hunt. Dwarves arent viable to hunt since they are so fast and hit like a truck, and elves are just a pain in the ass to chase down. This is just my opinion, and it would be really cool. I think you should finish up the bounty hunter & Rizo first though. I also know that you don't wish to add too much to the 8-50 area considering it'll be passed considerable fast once the real server is up, but yes, think about it! :)

Something that could be added would be viable hunting spawns. Right now people usually go rots 8-20, then they head to slimes/gazers/bonelords, and stay there until 50 or they go Cyclops & Dragons. I haven't heard of anyone that hunts Elves or Dwarves. You could try to make a spawn of creatures that's not usually hunted, or make a team hunting spawn, which is hard to hunt for yourself, but really profitable to go hunt with a friend at, like perhaps a slightly stronger Gozzler spawn, or maybe something like a minor cult spawn or a Dwarf Geomancer spawn. This would be really cool and it brings out a more variety of mobs to hunt. Dwarves arent viable to hunt since they are so fast and hit like a truck, and elves are just a pain in the ass to chase down. This is just my opinion, and it would be really cool. I think you should finish up the bounty hunter & Rizo first though. I also know that you don't wish to add too much to the 8-50 area considering it'll be passed considerable fast once the real server is up, but yes, think about it! :)

We tried to do some spawn editing to make more of the spawns huntable (removed a lot of the Lich's from Tomb, removed like 20 of the demon skeletons from vampires, etc). But we still don't see many people hunting these spawns.

What we will probably do is:
1) Take out vampires and necros and just make the underground spawn for ghosts/ghouls/demon skeletons/priestess.
2) Take add another level below the tombs where you can hunt ancient scarabs with plenty of room to run around.
- We expanded elves and added tons of more hunting here, I think the spawn is enjoyed by hunters mainly because of volley and range.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and, the only thing left to do on the Rizo quest is to re-make Rizo.

We tried to do some spawn editing to make more of the spawns huntable (removed a lot of the Lich's from Tomb, removed like 20 of the demon skeletons from vampires, etc). But we still don't see many people hunting these spawns.

What we will probably do is:
1) Take out vampires and necros and just make the underground spawn for ghosts/ghouls/demon skeletons/priestess.
2) Take add another level below the tombs where you can hunt ancient scarabs with plenty of room to run around.
- We expanded elves and added tons of more hunting here, I think the spawn is enjoyed by hunters mainly because of volley and range.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and, the only thing left to do on the Rizo quest is to re-make Rizo.

Yeah, I noticed about the elves, but Arcanists still seem to have tons of HP and doesnt give out a whole lot of EXP. I'm only tossing the idea of a few more spawns around considering how many people there will be on release :]

Yeah, I noticed about the elves, but Arcanists still seem to have tons of HP and doesnt give out a whole lot of EXP. I'm only tossing the idea of a few more spawns around considering how many people there will be on release :]

I do see your point, I think the main issue is, there are 6 hunting areas, and only 2 are enjoyed by most players.
-Beholders: one of the most hunted spawns
-Graveyard: I think this is the least enjoyed spawn, needs a huge nerf and to be more fun-profit
-Tomb: I think more people would hunt here if we made the whole first story crypt Shamblers then added one way to Scarabs-then deeper would be ancient scarabs, and the other way is mummies-deeper would be the quest room.
-Cyclops/Dragon: This is the most hunted spawn at higher levels, [Boss] Kain needs to be a quest instead of just a monster spawn.
-Dwarves: WAY too many dwarfs spawn down here, we should lower the amount and spread them out so it's possible to hunt them safely, maybe add a geomancer/guard floor deeper into the cave.
-Elves: has already been expanded and quest is about to be added.

Wrong thread lol

Bleh had both threads up and stoned does that still count? Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Hopin it will be up when I wake up tired as shit later guys and sorry for killing Livestreamer earlier ;< The trainer had already died. Random urge had to scratch ;o

Bleh had both threads up and stoned does that still count? Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Hopin it will be up when I wake up tired as shit later guys and sorry for killing Livestreamer earlier ;< The trainer had already died. Random urge had to scratch ;o

Lol kill whoever you want, it is part of the game, you should be proud of your frags not regretful.

I'm loving what you guys are doing with it so far but I'm noticing a few of the bosses to be a bit on the reallly hard side like 1 hitted on a warrior with full t2 :/ 800+ hp Ancient Scarabs being one of them Dragons are easy as pie if you dodge the wave.. Geomancer is another does the tier sets actually reduce elemental damage? I know it says all.. but just making sure...

I'm loving what you guys are doing with it so far but I'm noticing a few of the bosses to be a bit on the reallly hard side like 1 hitted on a warrior with full t2 :/ 800+ hp Ancient Scarabs being one of them Dragons are easy as pie if you dodge the wave.. Geomancer is another does the tier sets actually reduce elemental damage? I know it says all.. but just making sure...

i was wondering the same thing though i havnt tried to test it yet

Have a druid hit you in cobra form a few times, then put on your set and see if the earth damage it is 10% less.

As for things hitting too hard - It is good to have monsters that are difficult, if dragons are a "walk in the park" the only things really left are Ancient Scarabs for difficulty lol.

At least till level 50 that is.

I do see your point, I think the main issue is, there are 6 hunting areas, and only 2 are enjoyed by most players.
-Beholders: one of the most hunted spawns
-Graveyard: I think this is the least enjoyed spawn, needs a huge nerf and to be more fun-profit
-Tomb: I think more people would hunt here if we made the whole first story crypt Shamblers then added one way to Scarabs-then deeper would be ancient scarabs, and the other way is mummies-deeper would be the quest room.
-Cyclops/Dragon: This is the most hunted spawn at higher levels, [Boss] Kain needs to be a quest instead of just a monster spawn.
-Dwarves: WAY too many dwarfs spawn down here, we should lower the amount and spread them out so it's possible to hunt them safely, maybe add a geomancer/guard floor deeper into the cave.
-Elves: has already been expanded and quest is about to be added.

Personally I loved the Graveyard, and I loved hunting tombs, until the temporary nerf of the tombs.
& I was never able to really 'profit' exp/money at the Graveyard. & the necromancers/priestess are really a bitch for warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back