• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Years of Decay - 10.98 - Real Map - Low Rates - PvE

Yodot

Reaction score
Greetings all,

Years of Decay presents Austerror, a RL OTS.

Austerror is a 10.98 OT running a RL map.

NEW AREAS!
Grimvale.
Asura Palace Tiquanda.
Edron Vampire Crypt.
Edron Hero Fortress.
Port Hope Medusa Tower.

NEW FEATURE!
!trade
command to buy supplies while on the go (food, potions, runes and ranged equipment).

MORE BUG FIXES!

AND MORE!

Experience: 10x (staged).

Skills and Magic: 3x.

In-game Account Manager: No.

No Lag, 24/7 dedicated server.

Level Rewards.

Random stats on drops.

Everyone is welcome to play on this RPG server and join the Austerror community.

Cheers.

Go forth adventurer and make your stake in, what is, the Years of Decay.

Years of Decay is a 10.98 server intended for role playing.

Rates have been kept low to try to encourage RPG instead of PG.
So why not join us, you wont be dissapointed.
IP: austerror.dyndns.org
Port: 7171

Look forward to seeing you online.

GM Yodot.

Last edited:
Thought I should list the recent fixes/updates.
  • Royal Rescue Quest (Dwarven Legs) has been fixed and can now be completed
  • The Hunt for the Sea Serpent Quest has been fixed and can now be completed
  • Children of the Revolution greased levers will now work
  • Travel between Kazordoon and Thais via the steamship can now be done in both directions
  • During mission 2 of What a foolish Quest, the special flask from Bozo will now collect a freshly slain slime
  • Blessings now work and are bought with the !bless command
  • NPC Irmana will now trade for cloths
  • NPC Alesar now buys Ancient Shield
  • Black Bert now sells items to those that have finished The Thieves Guild Quest
  • Amulets bought from Djinns will now have correct charges
  • Terra Amulet reward from Against the Spider Cult Quest is now properly charged
  • The piano teleport at Liberty Bay Cultists now teleports those that have learned all 4 verses
  • The Minotaur Task can now be obtained from Budrik after completing his quest
  • The Towncryer no longer spams
  • Travelling Trader Quest has been fixed. Those stuck at Snake Eye can now ask him again about the Package for Rashid and they will now have access to the flashing door
  • Both Angus and Mortimer will now accept any Dwarven Pickaxe for The Explorer Society Quest
  • Family Brooch from Dwacatra should now be obtainable
  • Waldos corpse will now drop Waldos Postman Horn in The Postman Missions Quest
  • Skull of a Caveman will now appreciate the view in Port Hopes western tower during Unnatural Selection quest.
The following features have been added:
  • Items with bonus stats will now randomly drop from monsters
  • Advancing some levels will earn rewards of items, mounts and/or outfits
  • Lottery system (three hourly draw of 20k).
A note about Rookgaard.
Yes, this server has Rookgaard, but only one character per account needs to complete it. Once you have a vocationed character on the mainland, any further characters you create will start at level 8, with a vocation (of your choice) and gear.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Pce,
Yodot.

Hello everyone,

Unashamedly bumping this thread with some more info and updates.

Due to my inactivity last year for several months the community has dwindled. I now have ample amounts of time in order to maintain and manage the server and am trying to get a player base again. The server is very stable and boasts an uptime of 99.64% in over 6 months (as listed on http://otservlist.org/ots/1578765).

The Lottery system now occurs hourly starting 1 hour after server restart.
The rewards are separated into tiers to keep rare prizes rare.
Some of the possible Lottery prizes are:
  • Piggy Bank
  • Costume Bag
  • Crystal Coins
  • Decorations
  • Mount Items
  • Statuettes
  • Fansite Items
  • Double Experience Tokens (Award 24 hours double experience when used)
  • ... and more.
A new NPC, Gonzalos, occasionally sets up a dice gambling table at Thais or Venore boat. He provides a basic dice game where you can pick high, low or the exact number in 10k stakes.

Rookgaard has been removed and all new characters will start at level 8 in a town and with a vocation of their choice.

All houses are now able to be viewed on the site. This makes finding a house to rent much easier.

IMPORTANT: Due to a bug with blessings last year, existing players level 100 or higher, with a deathlist entry prior to 12th January, 2017 are eligible for a 100k compensation and 1 x Double Experience Token. Message GM Yodot in game in order to receive your compensation.

Lastly, the first 10 players to message GM Yodot in game, saying "double me up", will receive a double experience token.

Cheers,
GM Yodot

You seem like such a genuine and devoted developer. Even though your player base is very low you still deliver updates. I'd give it a shot but I have a rule for myself where I don't play real maps.
Do you think there is a chance you'd ever create a custom RPG? Either way good luck and hopefully you get some more players. Cheers. :)

Hi Zasranets,
I have run custom OTs before but I feel it's a bit like opening Pandoras Box, and thus a little overwhelming to make a decent custom OT.

YoD is still running with a 99% uptime and still with regular fixes and updates. Come try us out if you're after a low-rate, PvE OT to call home.

Cheers,
GM Yodot

Is this server gonna stay open?

Also, the random stat on item drops (all gear), only raises the def and atk by x%? or is there more (ie mana leech, +100hp, etc..)

Also, player named Navos might be botting, he's not answering me PM's and he's gaining levels.

Last edited:
Is this server gonna stay open?

Also, the random stat on item drops (all gear), only raises the def and atk by x%? or is there more (ie mana leech, +100hp, etc..)

Also, player named Navos might be botting, he's not answering me PM's and he's gaining levels.

Hi XeekXeek,

This server has been running for a few years now and has no intention of ever closing down.

The random stats on equipment only enhance existing stats, and does not create new stats. So, for eg, distance weapons can gain higher range and attack, armour can gain extra ARM rating and so on.

As for the botters, I am working on getting them to play legitimately before I end up getting the ban hammer out. If the server population increases dramatically then I'll happily start banning botters.

Thanks for your enquiry.

Yodot.

New areas have been added:
Edron Hero Fortress
Edron Vampire Crypt
Port Hope Medusa Tower

New Command !trade to buy food, potions, runes and ammunition on the go.

Plenty of bug fixes.

Play today. Stay forever :D

!autoloot feature added. Add up to 25 items to your Autoloot config.

Honestly i cannot see how someone could be interensted in pve on a rl map server. Cool server name though.

YoD has updated to version 10.98. New areas and features coming soon!

We're now on 12.86

• Low Rates
  • TC Rewards For Levelling Up
  • Gold For Levelling
  • Random Loot Box Drops (1%)
  • Custom Island With Trade NPCS, Teleports and Trainers Accessible From Every Free City Temple
  • 15 Years Experience
  • Discord Webhooks for Raids and Other Server Announcements - Join here.
  • Regular Updates
  • Dedicated Xeon Server w/64GB RAM
  • Customised 12.86 Client (in Downloads)

This dudes server has been running for what 5 years now? My dream would be you getting a distro, fix it and open a lower client server because you are the kind of owner this community needs but doesnt really deserve.

Back