• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MySQL Very detailed tutorial on how to setup a MySQL Server! -[Screenshots Included!]-

Port 3306 is for MySQL
If you are running a mySQL database server and wish to allow internet access (ensure you have strong passwords) then you will need to setup a port forward within Link Logger for port 3306 such that future inbound traffic on this port will be logged as normal and not as an alert within Link Logger.
mySQL Bot scans this port looking for mySQL servers with weak passwords and if it is successful in logging in as root (ie DBA access) then it will use an exploit to install the bot on the system.

Not really.. also
Why use xampp 1.7.2? You will probably have problems with that later on..

When I open Xampp
I press START on Apache. It says its Running but 1 second later it stops
Then I start MySQL and happens the samething :(

When I open Xampp
I press START on Apache. It says its Running but 1 second later it stops
Then I start MySQL and happens the samething :(

Okey,

If your apache doesn't work, then that means that you have another program that
are running on port 80, for example skype, teamviewer ect..

You have to shut down the programs that runs on port 80..

Last edited:
I can't figure out how to get into step 3? Like I click the link and the page doesn't load because it's offline or something. How do I do it?

Not too sure what that means. I did every step before that though if it's something like that.

Make sure you have openend the port 80, and make sure you have started the Apache before entering the localhost page.

Okey,

If your apache doesn't work, then that means that you have another program that
are running on port 80, for example skype, teamviewer ect..

You have to shut down the programs that runs on port 80..

no.. im not running any of those programs. The same thing with the MySQL. Runs and 1 sec later it stops :(

no.. im not running any of those programs. The same thing with the MySQL. Runs and 1 sec later it stops :(

Wierd, cuz it happened to me and I've just tested it by opening teamviewer and apache didn't start, when I shut it down apache started..

But, could you post the error you gain in the control panel? So I can know that the problem actually is..

Last edited:
When i start apache and mysql, the apache doesn't run. It runs like 1 sec and stops... only mysql runs normally... What is the problem? please tell me on [email protected] or send me a private message

Ok ... I've read the whole thread and did everything what other guys were told to do it, but I couldn't find what to do in my case.

So ... I downloaded XAMPP and installed it ... then I opened XAMPP Control Panel and started Apache and MySql but nothing happened. I've also checked ports for those two and those ports are opened/free.

So what am I doing wrong? Screenshot:

screen01.jpg

Thanks for all the answers!

Ok ... I've read the whole thread and did everything what other guys were told to do it, but I couldn't find what to do in my case.

So ... I downloaded XAMPP and installed it ... then I opened XAMPP Control Panel and started Apache and MySql but nothing happened. I've also checked ports for those two and those ports are opened/free.

screen01.jpg

Many people has this problem, and it's because you have other programs opened with the same ports as Apache/mysql..
You need to close the programs that has the same port as apache/mysql, for example skype, that program has port 80, so you have to shut it down to start apache..

screen01.jpg

You had the same problem, Cyko helped me with pics last time, its on that other thread.

So ... I've seen an option in XAMPP control panel called "Port-Check" so I checked it out ... Believe me, all ports are free like screenshot under clearly shows:

screen03.jpg

Seriously, I don't get it. I'm the only one retarded here ... :(

So ... I've seen an option in XAMPP control panel called "Port-Check" so I checked it out ... Believe me, all ports are free like screenshot under clearly shows:

screen03.jpg

Seriously, I don't get it. I'm the only one retarded here ... :(

Ye, but if you have Skype/ Teamviewer, or other programs running on port 80, you have to close them before opening Apache.

Back