• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

VIDEO TUTORIAL: From nothing to a fully working OT server, website and shop system

Cause I am STARTING FROM NOTHING... so its false advertisement which is why i said it didnt help. Feel free to defend it tho. You are more than welcome to do so. I was just expecting something different for new people. Not complete BS which is all I got.

Really? So you are making your own game with its own client and server? Your not using Cipsofts SPR sprite container? Your not using any OT server?

I am not using any of their sprites at all. some designs might be identical but nothing was taken from them. Have you seen zezenia? is that tibia SPR?

But there are only so many ways to make spheres or boxes... so if i make somthing that is a shpere and you say looks like tibia orb then nothing i can say. an orb is an orb... if i make a box then yeah it has 6 sides just like the ones in tibia... but i dont take from them

From nothing to a fully working OT server, website and shop system

/\ this is the title? well i started from nothing... i only asked for help but i take it you dont know how either which is why you defend this thread so much. All I said was it didnt help me and asked for help and it seems like you cant do that but want to start an arguement online which is stupid from my point of view. Soon your gonna try to get a rise out of me by asking if im a kid or ifi m like 8y/o or somthing stupid. And in the end its not worth it. So just stop. If you had a clue then youd of asked me what i was needing help on. Lets just agree to disagree and go on about our day shall we? Thanks.

Well i got this problem atm : http://tinypic.com/r/2mmhisn/8

At sql i putted this :

sqlType = "Mysql"
sqlHost = "Localhost"
sqlPort = 3306
sqlUser = "Otserv"
sqlPass = "z2VfcCJ5QKXu7FEf"
sqlDatabase = "Otserv"
sqlFile = "forgottenserver.s3db"
sqlKeepAlive = 0
mysqlReadTimeout = 10
mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
encryptionType = "plain"

it's at 8.6 but it should be the same right? before i edited the sql i could run it so idk what i did wrong..

Kindly regards

Well i got this problem atm : http://tinypic.com/r/2mmhisn/8

At sql i putted this :

sqlType = "Mysql"
sqlHost = "Localhost"
sqlPort = 3306
sqlUser = "Otserv"
sqlPass = "z2VfcCJ5QKXu7FEf"
sqlDatabase = "Otserv"
sqlFile = "forgottenserver.s3db"
sqlKeepAlive = 0
mysqlReadTimeout = 10
mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
encryptionType = "plain"

it's at 8.6 but it should be the same right? before i edited the sql i could run it so idk what i did wrong..

Kindly regards

mysql not Mysql
localhost not Localhost

Not it didnt gave error but i got this now :

[24/07/2014 22:23:07] Failed connecting to database - MYSQL ERROR: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) (2003)

[24/07/2014 22:23:07] > ERROR: Couldn't estabilish connection to SQL database!

Not it didnt gave error but i got this now :

[24/07/2014 22:23:07] Failed connecting to database - MYSQL ERROR: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) (2003)

[24/07/2014 22:23:07] > ERROR: Couldn't estabilish connection to SQL database!

localhost to 127.0.0.1

Well its kind of a lie if you think about it... I started with nothing.... then we got some graphics. We didnt use tibias cause that isnt starting from nothing. The tutorial should just read how to take someone elses idea and copy and make it your own.

Before trying to waste your time with my 46 min long video, the first half minute I am explaining the contents of the video. The mic is a bit weak but you could always read the notepad list.

From nothing as in:
A clean computer without any relevant programs to host, run and manage an OT server.

To a fully working OT server, website and shop system as in:
A OT server that works as in you can start it, stop it, connect to it and play it.
A website that goes along the OT server, allowing you to view highscores, create account and all that jizz with Znote AAC.
And I guess I don't actually have to explain the concept of a shop system.

The OT resources used are available for free, you can download and modify it to your hearts content. Which is actually something you should do. But that part is irrelevant to this video.
You don't need to learn how to map your own unique map to have a fully working OT. Using what is available for download is perfectly fine.
You don't need to learn how to code to have a fully working OT. Using free scripts available on internet is perfectly fine.

Thats the great part about Open Source, you use, collaborate and share content. And this tutorial tells you how to use those resources to run a fully working OT server, website and shop system. The video starts with "nothing" as in a clean computer with merely a tibia client and IP changer installed, and requires "no previous OTS knowledge" to get started.

So could you elaborate on what exactly is the "lie" or false about my thread title or content? (beside perhaps my sexy voice ;) )

Last edited:
First of all, great guide! I just have some roblems getting the webpage to work, im using the crying damson 0.3.6 and ive tried everything in the config.php but it wont just work, have any ideas on what the problem might be?

I never took the time to thank you @Znote . 6 months ago when I was looking into how to start my own OT this video tutorial was the most helpful thing I found. It allowed me get my foot in the door and start a new hobby that I love to work on everyday.

Thank you and thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge to help this open tibia community move forward.

hi znote, big fan since i watched your video, i was just wondering if you know why these things are going wrong...
1. when i created the website, and tried to log in with the account i created with the account manager, it said it couldnt recognize either user name or pass word.
2. when i tried to create an account i got the message saying about my IP, so i changed it from localhost to 127.0.0.1 i managed to create a character.
3. when i changed my position to admin on the website, and change my position to god ingame, when i log in im still a lvl 8 noob no gm/god powers.
any help on these would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Daff

hi znote, big fan since i watched your video, i was just wondering if you know why these things are going wrong...
1. when i created the website, and tried to log in with the account i created with the account manager, it said it couldnt recognize either user name or pass word.
2. when i tried to create an account i got the message saying about my IP, so i changed it from localhost to 127.0.0.1 i managed to create a character.
3. when i changed my position to admin on the website, and change my position to god ingame, when i log in im still a lvl 8 noob no gm/god powers.
any help on these would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Daff

so here is your answer

1- check your config.lua and search for encryptionType = "sha1"
if it was encryptionType = "plain" then u need to change it to sha1 because website encrypt passwords as sha1 ... so try to check and tell me the result
NOTE :: don't try old accounts , just create new one after restarting your server with new config

2- the message you got it about using validate ip ?
i remember how to fix this problem , but i forgot xD , i will make new search on files and tell you

NOTE :: found it
in config.php
$config['validate_IP'] = true; // Only allow legal IP addresses to register and create character.
change it to false

3- for this you have to tell me <3 if it was old version or new one
anyway to know your admin group go to your server data/xml and check group.xml
so u can manage to change group id as it typed there

i got error when i enter localhost/special and click on the database2znoteaac.php
looks like this:

Old database to Znote AAC compatibility converter:
Converting accounts and characters to work with Znote AAC:

Total accounts detected: 2.
Znote compatible accounts detected: 2.
Old accounts detected: 2.

string(56) "SELECT `password` FROM `accounts` WHERE `id` = LIMIT 1;"
(query - SQL error)
Type: select_single (select single row from database)

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 1' at line 1

i dont know if i do something wrong (i think not) but when i complete all tutorial, server works 100% fine only one thing not work is i can kill only "rat" i not see other monsters.

i dont know if i do something wrong (i think not) but when i complete all tutorial, server works 100% fine only one thing not work is i can kill only "rat" i not see other monsters.
No bug, just a small map. :p
You can download: remere map editor: http://remeresmapeditor.com/marklar.php
And open file in /data/world/NAME.otbm and build the map the way you want, or download another map from otland.

i got error when i enter localhost/special and click on the database2znoteaac.php
looks like this:

Old database to Znote AAC compatibility converter:
Converting accounts and characters to work with Znote AAC:

Total accounts detected: 2.
Znote compatible accounts detected: 2.
Old accounts detected: 2.

string(56) "SELECT `password` FROM `accounts` WHERE `id` = LIMIT 1;"
(query - SQL error)
Type: select_single (select single row from database)

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 1' at line 1
May be a bug with TFS 1.0, I still need to revise the convert script.

since that i saw no problem with anything.. what causes the open of the /special on page?

Back