• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

VIDEO TUTORIAL: From nothing to a fully working OT server, website and shop system

Thank you :p

Euhm.. Also a thingy maybe you can help me with it. It says
75714b454f9212a394b60f24e623c6bc.png
but I'm online with my char and my brother and 2 friends of me also have a account it only sees the account manager.

I also cannot login on the server with the account I already had before I maked the site.
When I create a account on the website I cannot login with it on my server.
in config.lua. What is your encryption?

Works great, Please change to uniformserver, It's more safe, Easy to use and it's not using much RAM
LqJSE82OL.png

What kind of problems did you have?
Thanks for testing it out <3

and maybe I know the problem. In config.lua it says I've

sqlFile = "forgottenserver.s3db"
but for the server I use the schema: mysql.sql

Is that causing the problem you think?

The problems were
It says
75714b454f9212a394b60f24e623c6bc.png
but I'm online with my char and my brother and 2 friends of me also have a account it only sees the account manager.

I also cannot login on the server with the account I already had before I maked the site.
When I create a account on the website I cannot login with it on my server.

Do you have teamviewer? if you do please post your meeting ID. not the id like: 123 123 123.

The other that starts with a m
like: m123-123-123

does this work with 8.6?
8.6 is a client version.
The first post indicated this works with specific version of TFS.
Znote AAC 1.4 - [TFS 0.2.13+] & [TFS 0.3.6+/0.4] specifically.
Znote AAC is this tutorial.
[TFS 0.2.13+] & [TFS 0.3.6+/0.4] are TFS versions available for download around this forum.

General rule of thumb.
TFS = the server
Client Version = what allows a player to interact with the server.

So for your question, no it cannot work with 8.6 as it is client and not a server.
However if you set-up your server using this, and your server is programmed to use the 8.6 client version to interact with your server, then yes, it will work.

8.6 is a client version.
The first post indicated this works with specific version of TFS.
Znote AAC 1.4 - [TFS 0.2.13+] & [TFS 0.3.6+/0.4] specifically.
Znote AAC is this tutorial.
[TFS 0.2.13+] & [TFS 0.3.6+/0.4] are TFS versions available for download around this forum.

General rule of thumb.
TFS = the server
Client Version = what allows a player to interact with the server.

So for your question, no it cannot work with 8.6 as it is client and not a server.
However if you set-up your server using this, and your server is programmed to use the 8.6 client version to interact with your server, then yes, it will work.
i have used tfs versions from this forum, so then it should work, correct?

i have used tfs versions from this forum, so then it should work, correct?
Sure. aff

Sorry.

As long as it is one of the TFS listed on the first post then yes. If you are using 1.0+ then I don't know.

Sure. aff

Sorry.

As long as it is one of the TFS listed on the first post then yes. If you are using 1.0+ then I don't know.
i will look into it, also. i have a friend which is going to help me set up the website and host it. do you know anything about how i can do the same stuff but with a physical personal server provider? i guess xampp for him and add it into the physical server. i dont know too much but i will do research and talk to him about it. just wondered if you know anything about this.

i will look into it, also. i have a friend which is going to help me set up the website and host it. do you know anything about how i can do the same stuff but with a physical personal server provider? i guess xampp for him and add it into the physical server. i dont know too much but i will do research and talk to him about it. just wondered if you know anything about this.
I haven't hosted or helped set-up a host in about 6 years. :p
Someone else will have to fill in from here.

----anyone care to help me?---

The shop system works, i can buy stuff like sex change and name change and they work. but in-game items doesn't work with the !shop command. it just get "8:51 Can only be executed once every 15 seconds. Remaining cooldown: xx"
i use Cryingdamson TFS 0.3.6 (i also used the 0.3 scripts)

The UI of everything he uses is completely different, with certain things that he uses not being there and what not. Not particularly easy to follow.

Hey, I was wondering how to configure the starting items for new players idk how to add more i got lost

data/creaturescripts/scripts/firstitems.lua

Well i dont have that firstitems.lua i only got in the mods folder a firstitem.xml file..

-EDIT-

Found it and its working Thanks for the help +rep.

Last edited:
Back