• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Vocation 4294967295 not found. [crashing server]

Dankoo

Reaction score
[UPDATED TOPIC FROM THIS POST, PLEASE START READING FROM HERE]

I'm facing an huge bug on my server.

Vocation of players are being changed, apparently randomly.

Sometimes it change from paladin to knight (and so on, changes between existing vocations), and many times it changes to this number: 4294967295

And when that happens, randomly skills or ML bug as well, going to numbers like 5000+, crashing server when attack

This number is present in two files on my server,

mysql.sql
SQL:
CREATE TABLE `bans`
(
	`id` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
	`type` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL COMMENT '1 - ip banishment, 2 - namelock, 3 - account banishment, 4 - notation, 5 - deletion',
	`value` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL COMMENT 'ip address (integer), player guid or account number',
	`param` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 4294967295 COMMENT 'used only for ip banishment mask (integer)',
	`active` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT TRUE,
	`expires` INT NOT NULL,
	`added` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
	`admin_id` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
	`comment` TEXT NOT NULL,
	`reason` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
	`action` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
	`statement` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
	PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
	KEY `type` (`type`, `value`),
	KEY `active` (`active`)
) ENGINE = InnoDB;

cykotitan's bank system:
Lua:
local function getCount(s)
	local b, e = s:find('%d+')
	return b and e and math.min(4294967295, tonumber(s:sub(b, e))) or -1
end

I said it's randomly because even my god character got it's vocation changed to that number, and I really don't know what could it be.

I have no creaturescripts that changes vocations, have no custom vocations, nothing like that...

Seriously, I'm desperate :confused::confused:

Last edited:
go to your phpadmin database and delete all the chars that have thier vocation set to zero bc they are bugged. next time dont /reload vocations when players are on including you.
repp if i helped

i promise you on your datatbase there are a couple or maybe even its your god character that has their vocation set to 0. please send me a pic of ur console error

I did a /reload Mods on the server (While testing to find this error since i had it before), and it crashed the server. Looking into a solution right now~ Rev 3777

Def confirmed that /reload vocations does crash it instantly, and causes the error. (Fresh vocations.xml from rev 3777)

Last edited:
Edit---

Nothing I posted here before worked. One thing that people should note is the fact that manaspent gets set to 0 while the magic level begins to bug.

Also if you try to set manaspent to a higher number like 1600 which equals magic level 1 it actually counts down to 0 after two spells and doesnt go anywhere else after that.

Last edited:
I did a /reload Mods on the server (While testing to find this error since i had it before), and it crashed the server. Looking into a solution right now~ Rev 3777

Def confirmed that /reload vocations does crash it instantly, and causes the error. (Fresh vocations.xml from rev 3777)
i think this could be the bug,

@up yes, i said this many times, thanks for help

edit a moderator could delete all the bumps? , that gives spam :/ srry

Also we found out that killing the server through putty causes the bug to happen. Seems like any disconnect from the sql will do this.

Please attempt these as precautions when running your server to see if it keeps happening:
  1. Never closing putty without using CTRL + A + D
  2. Check to see if people are using auto relog to login as soon as the server comes up. Often bugs as soon as the server comes up from a killall in putty.
  3. Try not using an auto restarter for a little while. Turn it online manually. Never do a killall with an auto restarter.
  4. /closeserver -- When your about to shutdown the server. Make sure no one is online.
  5. Dont kill the process without making sure the server is offline entirely with no players online.
  6. Also try to limit the amount of screens you have in putty. Try to keep it down to 1

::Side note::
does anyone know how to remove screens that look like this?
" 2284.pts-0.screenname "

Let me know if this helps at all. Or if you have any comments to add.

Last edited:
Back