• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Vocation 4294967295 not found. [crashing server]

Dankoo

Reaction score
[UPDATED TOPIC FROM THIS POST, PLEASE START READING FROM HERE]

I'm facing an huge bug on my server.

Vocation of players are being changed, apparently randomly.

Sometimes it change from paladin to knight (and so on, changes between existing vocations), and many times it changes to this number: 4294967295

And when that happens, randomly skills or ML bug as well, going to numbers like 5000+, crashing server when attack

This number is present in two files on my server,

mysql.sql
SQL:
CREATE TABLE `bans`
(
	`id` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
	`type` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL COMMENT '1 - ip banishment, 2 - namelock, 3 - account banishment, 4 - notation, 5 - deletion',
	`value` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL COMMENT 'ip address (integer), player guid or account number',
	`param` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 4294967295 COMMENT 'used only for ip banishment mask (integer)',
	`active` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT TRUE,
	`expires` INT NOT NULL,
	`added` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
	`admin_id` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
	`comment` TEXT NOT NULL,
	`reason` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
	`action` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
	`statement` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
	PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
	KEY `type` (`type`, `value`),
	KEY `active` (`active`)
) ENGINE = InnoDB;

cykotitan's bank system:
Lua:
local function getCount(s)
	local b, e = s:find('%d+')
	return b and e and math.min(4294967295, tonumber(s:sub(b, e))) or -1
end

I said it's randomly because even my god character got it's vocation changed to that number, and I really don't know what could it be.

I have no creaturescripts that changes vocations, have no custom vocations, nothing like that...

Seriously, I'm desperate :confused::confused:

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post but I just wanted to post a follow up. I have been following all the previous precautions I listed and am no longer experiencing any issues. Uptime of 50-100 hours no problem. Just thought i'd let ya's know. Hope everything's working well for anyone else with this issue.

That was the exact error we encountered. But like I said I follow the few things I listed previously and it has never happened since. Read my posts. Some reloads + ending the server improperly cause the database to bug out. I can replicate this error by both closing and restarting the server and reloading certain reloads.

I have this bug before REMOVE the GLobal Save and this bug will stop

I tried this also, and it Did not work.

Honestly, since we started handling Putty better (not xing out like retards) it stopped doing it, i also went back to a basic vocations.xml and its been bug free for over 2 weeks.

Well, this still unsolved.

I think that vocation.lua and .xml are fine, please, can you read all the conversation of this topic?

isnt it some error on the config file or the DB?
i think i had a similar thing and it was the DB or some file that changed the voc to somethinig that didnt exists...

haha! Look the date man
1.jpg

2.jpg

well they said it wasnt sloved yet so why not help?

Well I tryed with diferent DB's and the result was the same, I checked around of 1400 times my vocations.xml and I Checked the globalevents, actions etc. too Everything is ok there .. so I still have no idea wjay would be the problem -.-

Back