• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Weather Effect System

This idea, and the lightning idea could definitely be used for some unique quests too. Imagine you are the only one on this quest, and after talking to someone (npc), it begins to storm as they said (npc notes that the weather looks bad), and then you have a place open up and you have to go do something, while dogging the lightning bolts (maybe if you add lightning, you could also add some kind of effect that hits that spot within like 500 milli seconds before the lighning, to give the player a chance to dodge)

At any rate, this is well done. I like the idea, and love the methods used to implement this...

@Evan and @Printer , what do you guys mean by using the player parameter for sending the effects so only the player see's this? I never knew that as an option...

looked in the wiki, found this example,
position:sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_POFF, nil)

Do I just change the nil to player and it would work as you say?

Cool! I remember the lightning effects from the oldschool days that quite many servers had back in the days, there was also hukinas land with a rain system almost identical to this. Good to see that it's going to get released.

Found an old screenshot of it from otfans (from 2008 o_O):
NHyqmf-l2.jpg

Think it was a 8.1 server and the rain came also down in icicle effects like yours :p

This idea, and the lightning idea could definitely be used for some unique quests too. Imagine you are the only one on this quest, and after talking to someone (npc), it begins to storm as they said (npc notes that the weather looks bad), and then you have a place open up and you have to go do something, while dogging the lightning bolts (maybe if you add lightning, you could also add some kind of effect that hits that spot within like 500 milli seconds before the lighning, to give the player a chance to dodge)

At any rate, this is well done. I like the idea, and love the methods used to implement this...

@Evan and @Printer , what do you guys mean by using the player parameter for sending the effects so only the player see's this? I never knew that as an option...

looked in the wiki, found this example,
position:sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_POFF, nil)

Do I just change the nil to player and it would work as you say?

Correct.

The function is Player.sendWeatherEffect(self, groundEffect, fallEffect, radiusX, radiusY)

Cool! I remember the lightning effects from the oldschool days that quite many servers had back in the days, there was also hukinas land with a rain system almost identical to this. Good to see that it's going to get released.

Found an old screenshot of it from otfans (from 2008 o_O):
NHyqmf-l2.jpg

Think it was a 8.1 server and the rain came also down in icicle effects like yours :p
Well the splashes are wrong on the screenshot :p Mine splash only when it hits water and also i don't think it's efficient as the code i have. Since their is raining over the whole area which chew on the performance.

Well i made some changes into the code. From 100 line of code, now it's just 50 lines.

You tell me, you guys want piece of this code :p

Also any suggestions? One of them thunder and it should dmg players.

Ahh @Printer Can I Got This Script Bro? :D

I Need It Without Dmg A Player Please :)
Or With Dmg Players with like 7 or 8 Only Hahaha
Please Send Me A Script. :)

I will release it for the public. So no need to worry. The dmg and etc.. Will be configure able easily on the config part.

@Printer I like the way you did this, and always love that you release for the community.

Thanks, on behalf of everyone to ever use a printer script :D

So I thought to myself that if the rain hits you to slow down for a few seconds (as if the man was soaked) and all in all it may cause some loss of defense. I think they look good on battles players.

An intreseting feature to combine with the weather effects would be elemental damage. For example, if it rains, monsters become "wet" therefore electrical spells will do +% damage while fire damage spells will do less and vice versa depending on weather :)

You guys can add these features, if you want. I'm only creating the core and basic stuff. Such as size of the weather, roof check, thunder dmg and etc...

I'm just stuck on one thing and that is the water pools. Since everyone can see the water pools and you can't do it easy as the effect that only the player which have the weather activated. I've found a way with networkmessages, but it can cause client crash. So hopefully someone have knowlegede about that.

Hi @Printer Iam Searching For Some1 Help Me I'll Send A Pm For You Please Just AnsweR me That Error Of My Ot So Strange !

Back