• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Weather Effect System

Printer

if Printer then print("LUA") end
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

well today i was bored again after releasing the Tower Defense Event. So i thougt about making a weather system and make it use so low memory at possible. And i think i nailed it!

Features:
  • Rain only in players screen, to save memory usage. Instead of sending whole map.
  • If there is a roof, it will not send effect inside the building. But on the roof instead.
  • Aswell, if you are under a roof, it will only send outside the building.
  • When it hits water, it sends splash effect.

_MOhh7T-.png

ZONHgp3_K.png

FJbeewkdP.png

Feedback thanks.

Last edited:
Nice. Frozen magic effect can be edited in sprites to create real rain!

• When there is more then one player in the screen, disable for all. Expect for one players. So there is no overflow of weathers.
both players don't have the same screen, won't this result in a player only having half a screen of rain?

both players in the same screen = disable rain for 1 player but he has only a part of his screen with another player but the rest is empty = result in that empty part having no rain?

looks good tho :) keep it up ^^

both players don't have the same screen, won't this result in a player only having half a screen of rain?

both players in the same screen = disable rain for 1 player but he has only a part of his screen with another player but the rest is empty = result in that empty part having no rain?

looks good tho :) keep it up ^^
Well, i noticed that problem. But i think i will make it extend the rain area. So it should cover both screens.

No area extension needed, make everything client sided for every player.
That means, only the player can see its own effects and cannot see the effects of others.

That means, only the player can see its own effects and cannot see the effects of others.
I'm sorry, but how can you do that? o_O

I did not think about that, even tho i've used it before ... Cheers mate :p

So this just not an effect, these are actual objects, so you have your own integrated collision system?

Or this rain your using is just a look type for a solid object, lots of magic happening here.

So this just not an effect, these are actual objects, so you have your own integrated collision system?

Or this rain your using is just a look type for a solid object, lots of magic happening here.
I have no idea what you trying to say xD

@Topic

Any other suggestions, you would like to see in it?

@Printer You should make a chance for lightning to hit aswell. If it hits player it shouldn't really "kill" the player, just take like 50% of his/hers health :)

• Rain only in players screen, to save memory usage. Instead of sending whole map.
If there is no player nearby the server will not send any packets, so checking in your script if players can see the position/effect is not needed.
Otherwise, it looks great.

@Printer You should make a chance for lightning to hit aswell. If it hits player it shouldn't really "kill" the player, just take like 50% of his/hers health :)
That is pretty good idea :p

If there is no player nearby the server will not send any packets, so checking in your script if players can see the position/effect is not needed.
Otherwise, it looks great.
Yeah true :p, cheers :)

Also forgot to metion, it's easy to configure. You just need edit in the config what effect it should show. So you can make meteor shower, rain effect, snow and etc..

Back