• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Weed? Grass? Get off your ass...

BeniS

Advanced OT User
Senator
Reaction score
So there was an interesting topic/debate taking place in someones thread that was deleted by a moderator for offtopic? I don't know. But anyway, I wanted to remake a discussion thread about your views on Weed and its effects or why it should or shouldn't be legal.

I want to start it off with some basic education on the rumour that Weed has no real effects on the human body :D I think it is sad that so many people go around these days spreading the rumour that "Weed is good for you" or "Weed is better than alcohol" or "If everyone smoked weed it would result in world peace" <- lol@you! So anyway this is what I have learned from basic grazing online and a friend that is studying neurology (for people that don't know what that is, its the study of the brain.)

Drug substances such as weed and even alcohol, effect areas of your brain that take care of a persons functionality (as the brain does). One of the main parts of the brain that is effected are the frontal lobes, which is where the decision making process takes place in your brain. Back in the day Doctors would use a technique much like the process that these certain common drug substances have on people. They would detach the frontal lobes in people that have been marked as "mentally unstable" to retard them, in order to control them easier in an insane asylum.

People will often call you up by saying this famous statement: "But weed is better for you than alcohol." Here's what I have to say about this. While the effects of alcohol and weed do slightly differ, their effects remain fairly similar. The difference is that Weed is mainly consumed in a toxic fashion (into the lungs), this by itself is showing reckless signs. With alcohol you have the option to consume it responsibly without being harmed, and many people do. Weed has a single purpose, to cause a high, often by people that want to remove themselves from reality and "feel good". @ people that talk of world peace by smoking weed are just pathetic lol, that's just hippy bullshit, the world would only become one ball of lazy motherfuckers :D Hippy = person who fails at capitalism.

The statement is brief and doesn't need to be dragged on because the facts are the facts. If you want more information on it, you search it up :D Just make sure its a liable source first :) So anyway I wanna know what you peeps think!

Weed ftw.
And I don't know why my thread is deleted, since I did post large art :|.
It's that guy with that penguin avatar that got the thread off-topic with his prejudices.
He definatly been sober for too long.

Weed doesn't harm others, and why the fuck does the state have anything with what you do with yourself? Suicide, weed and other drugs must naturally be legal.

I both smoke cigs (or did..), smoke weed (yes illegal here) & drink alcohol. Yet I appear to be mental smarter than most of the kids here. explain please.

cake, I don't think it's a direct effect that you get, rather later. I think for a fact, not sure. But I think you become slower when you smoke weed, I have a friend that smoke every day, he's not normal, I can tell you that.

But smoking a spliff once won't affect you your body nor brain directly, it'll give you an effect and dissapear, but what I've heard. You can suffer from paranoia in the future and get hallucinations.

cake, I don't think it's a direct effect that you get, rather later. I think for a fact, not sure. But I think you become slower when you smoke weed, I have a friend that smoke every day, he's not normal, I can tell you that.

But smoking a spliff once won't affect you your body nor brain directly, it'll give you an effect and dissapear, but what I've heard. You can suffer from paranoia in the future and get hallucinations.

I'm a party smoker. ~2-3 times a week. used to smoke cigs everyday for 2 years, quitted though.

But I don't think that's enough... as I said, my friend smoke 2-3 times/day most of the time, unless he's broke. But on a regular basis you can calculate that he takes 1 spliff atleast/day. My other friends' that smokes have not really become slow or so, but this guy and another have just exaggerated the thing to a higher level. Which you can notice if you meet him.

But I don't think that's enough... as I said, my friend smoke 2-3 times/day most of the time, unless he's broke. But on a regular basis you can calculate that he takes 1 spliff atleast/day. My other friends' that smokes have not really become slow or so, but this guy and another have just exaggerated the thing to a higher level. Which you can notice if you meet him.

can't say anything about that I guess.

Weed doesn't kill many brain cells. Physical harm is quite small, compared to the fact that you can destroy your liver totally with just a few weeks of drinking.

You wish.

It were 2 pictures containting something graphical that I made myself using a mobile.
It was also a large one, so it was LARGE ART.
It's even as the rules descripe, now my thread back, ok?

and I agree with you stian :).

@sharp

Weed is for the people who have friends, like to party and actually are friendly, smoking cigarettes is more used for coolness than weed.
Now please, go and smoke a joint, or just leave the smokers alone. kk?

Weed doesn't harm others, and why the fuck does the state have anything with what you do with yourself? Suicide, weed and other drugs must naturally be legal.
If I recall correctly, Suicide also known as "Right To Die" is actually a part of the U.S. constitution (or legal in some states like Oregon and Washington, not rly sure)... Even tho it also states that suicide should only be performed when you're under constant pain and you may not suffer any kind of mental disorder/illness or sumthing like that. I'll search for it l8ter... What I know is forbidden is, Assisted suicide. But suicide itself is not forbidden.

And, weed does harm your neurons when not used properly, and by properly I mean HEALTH... However, At the end, the cure is worse than the sickness. It also depends how the weed was grown & few other stuff.

Marijuana Brain Damage - How Does Marijuana Affect the Brain?
HOW DOES MARIJUANA AFFECT THE BRAIN? | Serendip's Exchange
Study: Marijuana may affect neuron firing

Last edited:
Lancets:
380px-Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_(mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence).svg.png

BBC News:
_41949092_drugs_graph_416.gif

Note: Logaritmic scales.

I'm a party smoker. ~2-3 times a week. used to smoke cigs everyday for 2 years, quitted though.

hows that happen when ur life is pms'ing at ppl on tibia forums? O,o...

OT
smoke everyday, drink almost every other day, u c wuts wrong with me.

nah weeds rly not even that bad 4 u... its jsut when ppl use it as a gateway to other drugs.
iv been smokin since i was in 6th grade, tried cocaine once and never went back to that..

Back
Top Bottom