• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

༻》Welcome to Azakelis《༺

A lot of the assets look like they're from different projects. Some screenshots look like they're completely different projects. For example this View attachment 57374
Then this
View attachment 57375

"~All works shown on this thread are early W.I.P's and are not final~"

Madara, a trusted and respected spriter in the community, had donated to us his collection of sprites he did himself or bought from others such as Amanda and Hawk, and others.

Along with that, as the comment states, the sprites aren't final either. A lot of it is older work that was used to replace original assets but our current team of spriters are working hard on replacing and reworking what's necessary while creating a multitude of animated assets.

1617761718731.png

this pic from tibia or different game ??

While I like some of the pieces and they remind me of some old xbox game stuff (I'm not sure why).
Don't really think you need a different thread for every different post though aye

You do realize that I had to delete the old one, aye?
Also, had to get rid of some models that we didn't end up using from Amanda which were in some of the older versions of some of these reposts.

You do realize that I had to delete the old one, aye?
Also, had to get rid of some models that we didn't end up using from Amanda which were in some of the older versions of some of these reposts.
Didn't realise that, can't say I've kept track of the other threads, just noticed new ones popping up

For me this is more to present and tease the project rather then showing off mapping skills.
This has almost nothing to do with tibia anymore which is good in another way but should not be located here.
I really like some of the settings you created but that is mainly due to some very cool sprites instead of the map.
None of the concepts, not even the sewer is something new it's just the use of custom sprites and nothing else.
I am not saying it's bad, it's even promising in terms of a new alternative as a whole but for me personally this board is just the wrong place.

For me this is more to present and tease the project rather then showing off mapping skills.
This has almost nothing to do with tibia anymore which is good in another way but should not be located here.
I really like some of the settings you created but that is mainly due to some very cool sprites instead of the map.
None of the concepts, not even the sewer is something new it's just the use of custom sprites and nothing else.
I am not saying it's bad, it's even promising in terms of a new alternative as a whole but for me personally this board is just the wrong place.
Let me just copy and paste your comment on the dozens of showoffs using custom sprites to save you some time so you can do more mapping, brb

Let me just copy and paste your comment on the dozens of showoffs using custom sprites to save you some time so you can do more mapping, brb
Yeah, where are the other active projects on this board that are fully based on custom sprites and even using different color palettes?
It's not about the use of different sprites overall. And if there are more, they should also reconsider posting on this board. This is something I would tell anybody.
Anyways, it wasn't meant to blame anyone but I personally do not know what exactly to comment on besides the sprites. It's a different game.
I'd really like to discuss the project overall but this is for mapping only.
Stop dramatizing every word someone says. I am not attacking @SCREECH and his project for anything. I do not have a reason to do so.

The map pieces look great I must say. Both design- and spritewise.
Good job!

To clarify some of the concerns in this thread:
The threadstarter is not breaking any rules by showing off his map pieces. That's what this board is for.
Some of the thread starter's designs are similar to other users' pieces, undoubtedly. I do however find it concerning that even though that the first advice many established mappers give to new mappers is to copy other map pieces, they now are insulted when a user is doing so. If you don't want to inspire people with your work, then don't post your map pieces publicly. Otherwise, stop complaining since we moderators are getting tired of trivial drama. Thankfully @GhostX is active and removes off-topic posts, but you can all make our job easier by complying to the rules. And I would be thankful for that.

I like the maps, but gameplay wise I feel as if there is too much visual clutter. Another thing is the contrast of pieces, in general should be smaller on grounds and higher on objects. Here I see the opposite so I think it may be because of it. Anyways keep it up, ill be monitoring for new pieces.

I like the maps, but gameplay wise I feel as if there is too much visual clutter. Another thing is the contrast of pieces, in general should be smaller on grounds and higher on objects. Here I see the opposite so I think it may be because of it. Anyways keep it up, ill be monitoring for new pieces.
Agreed it is way too cluttered as it is right now, especially for a world that's supposed to house many! It'll be something I will be paying attention to more as I keep learning, appreciate the the tip.

EDIT: I was looking at some photos I took during my hike yesterday and I realized why my stuff can be too visually cluttered: I keep trying to put every "realistic" detail I can think of that would make sense and be there in the real world, but that's only ever good for show-offs lol

Last edited:
Agreed it is way too cluttered as it is right now, especially for a world that's supposed to house many! It'll be something I will be paying attention to more as I keep learning, appreciate the the tip.

EDIT: I was looking at some photos I took during my hike yesterday and I realized why my stuff can be too visually cluttered: I keep trying to put every "realistic" detail I can think of that would make sense and be there in the real world, but that's only ever good for show-offs lol
Yeah I get that... Especially when it comes to cities where you want to make them "live and buzzing"..

Look at Thais, one of Tibia's most iconic cities and in a map editor it looks so boring, but in game, filled with players, it looks fine. Detail is great for showoff as you're telling a story in the image but finding that perfect combination of detail and clean space is the beauty of building a playable yet beautiful world. IMO, Seabis and Illusion used to nail this.

I think some might get new ideas looking at this maps with new sprites, I mean soon we might find someone trying to copy that style with actually real tibia sprites...
Or someone making similar sprites that might be even better looking, inspiring newer mappers thus increasing the content for a more competitive showoff...
I really like the big tree leaves details, somehow it remember me to ragnarok online sprites... imagine an improved version of those trees with different variations, those could be a delightful insight on the way map forest enviroments...

I think some might get new ideas looking at this maps with new sprites, I mean soon we might find someone trying to copy that style with actually real tibia sprites...
Or someone making similar sprites that might be even better looking, inspiring newer mappers thus increasing the content for a more competitive showoff...
I really like the big tree leaves details, somehow it remember me to ragnarok online sprites... imagine an improved version of those trees with different variations, those could be a delightful insight on the way map forest enviroments...
Those trees are actually in draft mode and will have many different variations and will be fully animated, even with weather patterns! 👍

Appreciate the love 🙏

Those trees (...) will be fully animated, even with weather patterns!
This is something that Tibia is for sure missing - slowly bending branches like a wind would blow
Just don't make every tree animated! I think it is worth to make steady branch, and one moving same with tree crown, so you could make many variations with little types of sprites

Took your advice and changed a bit. Personally, I for sure see the difference and it's amazing.
Thoughts?
4.5.png

something I just started but noticed the difference here too
1618350007005.png

PS: this is underground already

Last edited:
Back